LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 177 users in the forums

Protest strategy if we don't land Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Get a billboard with a pic of Jed with a caption " Money is no object!" and then have a picture of Harbaugh in a Dolphins hat with a caption " Yeah right ".
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
seriously? Protest strategy? For a coach?

Dude IMHO, our fanbase is really showing it's colors.... and you wonder why 49er fans are hated. There are franchises out there that haven't won anything and people are acting as if this, tonight, is the end of the world... literally. You would think someone broke into their homes and robbed them or the 49ers levied a tax simply for using the word "49er Fan" in posts here. I've never seen anything like the level of gross hyperbole I've seen tonight EVER as a 49er fan.

Unprecedented.

i must agree. This is simply ridiculous.

I'm pissed. If we get a bad coach, we continue to suck. Revenue goes down. Stadium deal goes kaput. What do we do then?

we fire that coach, hire a new one and start the cycle over again all while staying away from LA.

You forgot the part where the team loses money and fan interest. If the fans give up on the team, what reason do they have to stay here? And don't give me bulls**t like "tradition" and "history".

losing fan interest? We've sucked for the past 8 years and guess what I'm still as interested now as I was in 2002 when we went the playoffs. The "fans" that lose interest are a blessing as the 49ers do not need fair weather fans. And reason to stay? Because LA sucks!

Uh, actually we do. Those fans help revenue, which gets us better stadiums, and help attract better personnel. And usually those fans are an indication of good times.

Guess what? There are plenty of teams in the NFL that have sucked a lot longer than the 49ers have and they still sell tickets. I don't see them up and moving to LA so the answer is WE STAY AWAY FROM LA! LA is a s**thole. It failed twice miserably with 2 different NFL teams. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, there won't be a fooling me a third time. The NFL won't make the same mistake for a third time.

Those teams don't play in stadiums that are falling apart. Minnesota and San Diego have old stadiums, but they're not nearly as bad as the Stick. Besides, the NFL wants TWO teams in LA. So even if one other team moves, the 49ers can also move to LA.

Yea...they also wanted a team in LA by 2000.

Once the CBA gets done, they'll start working on NFL-to-LA. They have proposals from Phil Anschutz and Ed Roski.

Wow - so it's a done deal then. I personally think LA can handle 4 teams. That way, it gives a decent shot that at least one of those teams can make the playoffs and then the whole of LA can get behind the playoff bound team that year.
  • 8to80

Wow - so it's a done deal then. I personally think LA can handle 4 teams. That way, it gives a decent shot that at least one of those teams can make the playoffs and then the whole of LA can get behind the playoff bound team that year.

Yea, now that the USC sanction effects are kicking in. Los Angelonians are jumping off the wagon. For awhile, there were 10x more College Football fans than NFL fans in LA. I hate college football.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Seriously though. Who says, amongst some of the richest people in the USA, "money is no object". It's not even his money.

We should all feel like idiots for believing him.

Dude...it doesn't mean that he will make Harbaugh, a guy who has never coached in NFL, highest paid coach in NFL.

Oh, really? Is there another meaning for "money is no object" I wasn't aware of?

Stop banging that head, you need those brain cells.

Trust me, one doesn't need brain cells while posting in NT.

When you say money is no object, it doesn't mean you act retarded and pay $100 for somethin' that's worth only $50. Only an idiot will do that.

"it does not matter what something costs"

Are you trying to be dense?

So, if Harbaugh asks him to make him the majority owner of the Niners - Jed should do it because he said money is no object?

I'm not tryin' to be dense. I'm just tryin' to use common sense.

Congratulations, you've gone from being dense to just absurd.

Provided the arena Jed York is competing in, you don't go and proclaim something so bombastic unless you can back it up. That term is pretty cut and dry. He is an idiot and shouldn't have used it if we was going to back down over what amounts to about the Veterans Minimum.

Just tryin' to keep up after you posted that dictionary link.

And Veterans minimum? Even if you believe the 4.5M offer - can you please tell me in which sport that is Veterans Minimum?

Try harder...

I was going off the ~6.5, and the Vet Min. would be roughly the difference between the two figures.

Are you serious? A coach's contract is fully guaranteed and is usually 4-5 years long. The can be cut and they still get that money. Vet. Minimum is around $1M (if I remember correctly) and they sign 1-2 year deals.

How can you even compare the two?
Originally posted by B650:
LOL @ the 49ers moving to L.A. Dream on, people. It's more likely to be the Chargers.

That's one. The NFL wants two teams there.

And the Chargers compete. Their fans care. Soon, this team will lose any Bay Area support it has.

L.A. can't even support one team.

Give them a 5-time champ and that'll change.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
LOL @ the 49ers moving to L.A. Dream on, people. It's more likely to be the Chargers.

And the Chargers compete. Their fans care. Soon, this team will lose any Bay Area support it has.

Why don't they just start their own league? That way they will be champs every year.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jan 6, 2011 at 00:06:49 ]
Seriously though. Who says, amongst some of the richest people in the USA, "money is no object". It's not even his money.

Dude...it doesn't mean that he will make Harbaugh, a guy who has never coached in NFL, highest paid coach in NFL.

Oh, really? Is there another meaning for "money is no object" I wasn't aware of?

When you say money is no object, it doesn't mean you act retarded and pay $100 for somethin' that's worth only $50. Only an idiot will do that.

So, if Harbaugh asks him to make him the majority owner of the Niners - Jed should do it because he said money is no object?

Provided the arena Jed York is competing in, you don't go and proclaim something so bombastic unless you can back it up. That term is pretty cut and dry. He is an idiot and shouldn't have used it if we was going to back down over what amounts to about the Veterans Minimum.

And Veterans minimum? Even if you believe the 4.5M offer - can you please tell me in which sport that is Veterans Minimum?

Try harder...

I was going off the ~6.5, and the Vet Min. would be roughly the difference between the two figures.

Are you serious? A coach's contract is fully guaranteed and is usually 4-5 years long. The can be cut and they still get that money. Vet. Minimum is around $1M (if I remember correctly) and they sign 1-2 year deals.

That's why I said roughly.

Going off the year-to-year basis to make a point. This is turning into some strawman bulls**t and getting ridiculous.
  • B650
  • Veteran

I doubt anyone would go watch the Dodgers if they moved to Northern California.
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Get a billboard with a pic of Jed with a caption " Money is no object!" and then have a picture of Harbaugh in a Dolphins hat with a caption " Yeah right ".

LIKE!

I doubt anyone would go watch the Dodgers if they moved to Northern California.

If the Giants and A's left and NorCal didn't have an MLB team for 15 years? Yeah, they would.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Try harder...

That's why I said roughly.

Going off the year-to-year basis to make a point. This is turning into some strawman bulls**t and getting ridiculous.

Roughly? The difference is almost double. Like I said, coaches contracts are guaranteed. A vet can be cut and you're off the hook by paying him $1M. If after 2 years, Harbaugh pulls a Singletary - then what?

Also, the "reports" are - Dolphins are willing to offer close to 8M a year to make him the highest paid coach.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Well being as this thread devolved into another "debate 49er fandom" thread I am forced to lock it. I'll re-open it tomorrow if Harbaugh is not hired but only keep it open if it stays on topic.

The fact of the matter is this is a 49ER forum. If you want to whinge about how people cry over sports but not over politics post your threads on Politico, Townhall.com or the Huffington Post.

Right now this is the biggest story happening in 49er land. You don't need to be at all interested in voicing discontent to Jed. That's totally cool - it's not everyone's boat. But for some of us this is big deal. For those people who do feel it's a big deal we have this thread. For others, you have other threads and forums to go to.

Hopefully we have good news tomorrow. if not, well, we can figure the rest out when it happens. Until then, happy posting.
Share 49ersWebzone