There are 292 users in the forums

Jed York, and his habit of putting his foot in his mouth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hps49:

jajajajajajajajajaajajajaj that was hilarious!!!!

go niners
yup
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
The original beginings of this tread shows how much a lot of fans know about the business. Easy to judge from an armchair owner position.

It's funny because the OP was complaining that we MIGHT not get harbaugh, like he couldn't wait 2 days to see the result before b***hing? lol.
Originally posted by mike:
The original beginings of this tread shows how much a lot of fans know about the business. Easy to judge from an armchair owner position.

It's funny because the OP was complaining that we MIGHT not get harbaugh, like he couldn't wait 2 days to see the result before b***hing? lol.

Well same thing with free agency-evrybody wanted the niners to do something, anything, they didn't care if we mortgage the future. Being a general manager is like playing chess, you have to think 3 moves ahead at the very least, not just the move you are doing at the moment. The eagles are now looking like chumps. Now the niners are in a healthy position cap wise for next year to resign some players. The niners are doing so good so far this season however, I am fearful that might jack up the price on our FA, last year, no body wanted our guys guys cause we were mediocre.

Which shows Baalke is smart-Rodgers wasn't highly sought after because he came from a mediocre Redskins team and drops interceptions. Yet no one disagreed that he is always there on his man providing good coverage. Hopefully we get more p/u like these. Next year may be easier, as now players might want to play for the niners cause we are winning.
this thread is hilarious
Some people wishing this thread didn't get bumped lol
Like many businesses, the place runs better when the owner is away. Hope the Yorks do the stadium, but refrain from screwing around with what turned out, luckily, to be a good thing. They can only screw things up at this point by word or deed.
Originally posted by mike:

Well same thing with free agency-evrybody wanted the niners to do something, anything, they didn't care if we mortgage the future. Being a general manager is like playing chess, you have to think 3 moves ahead at the very least, not just the move you are doing at the moment. The eagles are now looking like chumps. Now the niners are in a healthy position cap wise for next year to resign some players. The niners are doing so good so far this season however, I am fearful that might jack up the price on our FA, last year, no body wanted our guys guys cause we were mediocre.

Which shows Baalke is smart-Rodgers wasn't highly sought after because he came from a mediocre Redskins team and drops interceptions. Yet no one disagreed that he is always there on his man providing good coverage. Hopefully we get more p/u like these. Next year may be easier, as now players might want to play for the niners cause we are winning.
Yeah but here's the thing, winning is a hell of a lot more attractive than losing so our FA will WANT to stay with us cause they know that we are going to be contenders with Harbaugh leading the way. And chances are, not a lot of our FA's are going to be "premiere" players in the market so they might get a little more money than what we can offer, but not much. Rodgers already wants to stay for a while, I'm sure others will too. Would you rather make $3m a year and stay with a team on the rise, or go to a team like the Vikings for $4.5m a year and be mediocre at best for the next few years? My gut tells me that we have a nucleus of guys that are commited to Harbaugh.
Originally posted by hps49:

This is excellent photoshop work, HP...
Originally posted by carlgo:
Like many businesses, the place runs better when the owner is away. Hope the Yorks do the stadium, but refrain from screwing around with what turned out, luckily, to be a good thing. They can only screw things up at this point by word or deed.

lol, just lucky huh? Whoops! They tripped and fell and landed Harbaugh!

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

LOL that's just how I lost my virginity, I tripped and fell and got lucky. haha, peeps are funny
Originally posted by Shorteous:

LOL that's just how I lost my virginity, I tripped and fell and got lucky.

Odd way to do it. I lost mine by having sex.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Shorteous:

LOL that's just how I lost my virginity, I tripped and fell and got lucky.

Odd way to do it. I lost mine by having sex.

i did too
It's amazing what you will find when you use the frickin' search.

This is a bold move, and one an organization doesn't make without leadership at the ownership level. York presumably saw this as a rare opportunity to seize upon a championship window. Sticking with Smith would have been more comfortable. The 49ers might wind up going that route, anyway. They could have some damage control to do if that is the case. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. Randy Moss' addition was another move with the short term in mind. --Mike Sando.

The boy through his childhood breathed 49er ball. The proof is coming out. This has been the best 14 months of Niner ball in quite some time and he's responsible as much as anyone for it:
Hire Baalke
Who hires Harbaugh
Be the forefront for new Stadium
Baalke waits on 2011 FA
Brings in "key" pieces to team and org
Baalke drafts 2012 well
Harbaugh wins Division
Harbaugh takes team o NFC Champ
Stadium on task for 2014

And now, the chase for Manning...as a Ninja! Harbaugh and Roman works out Manning BEFORE everyone else. Then, send team Dr.s for physical.

The choices Jed York has made as CEO transformed this franchise back to the respect it deserves.

The boy...excuse me, young man has some serious skills.

Put that in your pipe n smoke it! It's the best day of the year to go Green!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Originally posted by ninertico:
It's amazing what you will find when you use the frickin' search.

This is a bold move, and one an organization doesn't make without leadership at the ownership level. York presumably saw this as a rare opportunity to seize upon a championship window. Sticking with Smith would have been more comfortable. The 49ers might wind up going that route, anyway. They could have some damage control to do if that is the case. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. Randy Moss' addition was another move with the short term in mind. --Mike Sando.

The boy through his childhood breathed 49er ball. The proof is coming out. This has been the best 14 months of Niner ball in quite some time and he's responsible as much as anyone for it:
Hire Baalke
Who hires Harbaugh
Be the forefront for new Stadium
Baalke waits on 2011 FA
Brings in "key" pieces to team and org
Baalke drafts 2012 well
Harbaugh wins Division
Harbaugh takes team o NFC Champ
Stadium on task for 2014

And now, the chase for Manning...as a Ninja! Harbaugh and Roman works out Manning BEFORE everyone else. Then, send team Dr.s for physical.

The choices Jed York has made as CEO transformed this franchise back to the respect it deserves.

The boy...excuse me, young man has some serious skills.

Put that in your pipe n smoke it! It's the best day of the year to go Green!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Jed York in just 3-4 years time has completely changed the look of the franchise. This kid is going to be a good owner for a long time. You don't hear "the Yorks are cheap" anymore, and it's because of Jed. Much respect for this guy.
Share 49ersWebzone