LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I think the locking if the GM thread was premature. Until the team confirms, it isn't technically official.
Originally posted by Janitor:
I think the locking if the GM thread was premature. Until the team confirms, it isn't technically official.

Good point...

Originally posted by Janitor:

lol, Baalke is the GM
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We need fresh eyes to look at the personnel department and make the necessary changes. Also Baalke is a complete noob in draft maneuvering as evidenced by last years trade up to get Davis. I wanted Sendquist who is a respected talent evaluator and has shown the ability to work the free agent market and the draft.

You forget, Singletary had a big hand in last years draft. He said on numerous occasions that he was going to be more involved on draft day. Singletary wanted a beefy offensive line so he probably insisted on two OL.
Baalke with Harbaugh - GREAT offseason
Baalke without Harbaugh - FAILED offseason
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
boy lombardi was correct after all regarding our gm search. jed got called out so he had to pull garbage gm interviews after the 48hr timetable lombardi had originally have said.

Way to reach!

You guys kill me...

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
SI_PeterKing Peter King

I now think it's likely to be a Jim Harbaugh-Trent Baalke team in SF by week's end. Likely, I said.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Baalke with Harbaugh - GREAT offseason
Baalke without Harbaugh - FAILED offseason
Originally posted by excelsior:
After studying Lombardi's resume and body of work, I began to feel nauseated. Now I can breath freely. See how Jed did it?

1. He wanted Baalke from the start, but realized the fans would explode after promising that he would bring in an experienced GM who had been there and done that.
2. So he kicked around a few old has beens and guys with real flaws, making us scared to death that he might actually hire one of them.
3. Then the Harbaugh thing got the fans so focused on him that they no longer care who the GM is so long as Harbaugh is the coach. It's called a "diversion."

It is no surprise that when he announced the hiring of Baalke, the fans no longer cared or they gave a great sigh of relief.

Jed, you appear to have learned a few slick new tricks since your Singleatry hire.

I was thinking this the whole time the GM "search" was going on. The whole time all i really cared about was our next coach, i think we have enough talent with a solid QB in place to win so my main concern was who was gonna coach them correctly and finally gameplan. I have to agree though, most of us on here just thought of what Jed was doing as this. It seems to have worked, everyone doesn't care anymore and has their ears pinned back to go get Harbaugh.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I think Baalke and Harbaugh should be able to work well together---Baalke seems a smart man as is Harbaugh----I think it will work well--if we get Harbaugh signed.

My only concern is that you have 2 "new" guys in their respective positions. Im hoping the learning curve isnt that steep, but if you add a rookie QB to the mix (and chances are this QB will not be Luck), then you're really putting yourself back in "rebuild" mode.

Im hoping that Harbaugh/Baalke see that the team has a "win now" mentality, and go out and sign some key FAs (QB / DB) in the offseason to keep this team in the NFC playoff hunt. If Harbaugh decides he's gonna build this team from the bottom up, then you're looking at another 2-3 years of putting a squad together. Of course, by that time STL and Bradford might become a thorn in our ass.

Alright.....Earn your pay ceck and make some wise decisions to get us back on top...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
timkawakami Tim Kawakami
Source: 49ers asked Mike Lombardi if he'd take a personnel position under Baalke, and Lombardi said he would not.

Dammit should have been the other way around

I don't know why Lombardi didn't accept... the guy has been out of the league for a while and doesn't have that accomplished of a resume. It is still a high position.

ego

Weasel turd.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
boy lombardi was correct after all regarding our gm search. jed got called out so he had to pull garbage gm interviews after the 48hr timetable lombardi had originally have said.

Way to reach!

You guys kill me...

Maybe people are confusing Mike Lombardi with Vince Lombardi?
Lombardi has never been a GM either. I'm ok with Trent Baalke as GM. Now, let's finish the job... GET HARBAUGH!
well jed hired his yes man...... big suprise....
Share 49ersWebzone