There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
timkawakami Tim Kawakami
Source: 49ers asked Mike Lombardi if he'd take a personnel position under Baalke, and Lombardi said he would not.

Dammit should have been the other way around
Originally posted by kidash:
RT@timkawakami Source: 49ers asked Mike Lombardi if he'd take a personnel position under Baalke, and Lombardi said he would not.

f**k lombardi i hate that guy after the last week
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
So basically it was Lombardi or Trent Baalke, and the typical Yorks chose the cheaper option?

It was not about money.

Get a clue!
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by 190836:
Eric Branch broke it first, he doesn't get enough credit sometimes.

i havent been around the zone lately, who is this eric branch????

former WR for the Raiders.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
In essence, Jed hired himself as the GM. He has a clear image of what he wants the Niners to be like, which was apparent by his press conference after firing Sing. He's looking for offense........and its starts with coaching and makes its way down.

Baalke will be his guy......they will basically "see" eye-to-eye. Im sure Harbaugh will be on board by tomorrow night, so game on............

are you actually happy

no sh!t. perhaps the most positive thread of Z's 49erwebzone lyfe.
I think Jed wouldn't have promoted Trent Baalke without approval from Jim Harbaugh first.

Quote:
MaioccoCSN: Jim Harbaugh is considered strong possibility for 49ers job -- whether it's Trent Baalke or Michael Lombardi in the GM's chair.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
So basically it was Lombardi or Trent Baalke, and the typical Yorks chose the cheaper option?

It was not about money.

Get a clue!

I know dude people dont understand that Baalke is well respected around the league whether or not he was in our FO before...
After studying Lombardi's resume and body of work, I began to feel nauseated. Now I can breath freely. See how Jed did it?

1. He wanted Baalke from the start, but realized the fans would explode after promising that he would bring in an experienced GM who had been there and done that.
2. So he kicked around a few old has beens and guys with real flaws, making us scared to death that he might actually hire one of them.
3. Then the Harbaugh thing got the fans so focused on him that they no longer care who the GM is so long as Harbaugh is the coach. It's called a "diversion."

It is no surprise that when he announced the hiring of Baalke, the fans no longer cared or they gave a great sigh of relief.

Jed, you appear to have learned a few slick new tricks since your Singleatry hire.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

Do yo mean Cliff Branch?
Originally posted by luis1985:
timkawakami Tim Kawakami
Source: 49ers asked Mike Lombardi if he'd take a personnel position under Baalke, and Lombardi said he would not.

I don't know why Lombardi didn't accept... the guy has been out of the league for a while and doesn't have that accomplished of a resume. It is still a high position.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
In essence, Jed hired himself as the GM. He has a clear image of what he wants the Niners to be like, which was apparent by his press conference after firing Sing. He's looking for offense........and its starts with coaching and makes its way down.

Baalke will be his guy......they will basically "see" eye-to-eye. Im sure Harbaugh will be on board by tomorrow night, so game on............

are you actually happy

no sh!t. perhaps the most positive thread of Z's 49erwebzone lyfe.

Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

Do yo mean Cliff Branch?

Yes----oops!
We need fresh eyes to look at the personnel department and make the necessary changes. Also Baalke is a complete noob in draft maneuvering as evidenced by last years trade up to get Davis. I wanted Sendquist who is a respected talent evaluator and has shown the ability to work the free agent market and the draft.
boy lombardi was correct after all regarding our gm search. jed got called out so he had to pull garbage gm interviews after the 48hr timetable lombardi had originally have said.
Originally posted by luis1985:
timkawakami Tim Kawakami

I don't know why Lombardi didn't accept... the guy has been out of the league for a while and doesn't have that accomplished of a resume. It is still a high position.

ego