There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

We all knew this was going to happen. I am glad it took this long and not done last week. While I would like to see Jed hire a FO guy with experience to support Baalke, I am not convinced it will happen.

As long as we land a good HC, I am not too worried about the Baalke hire.
I thought he was already the GM
Not good... because of this..

http://twitter.com/#!/TIMKAWAKAMI
timkawakami: Source: 49ers asked Mike Lombardi if he'd take a personnel position under Baalke, and Lombardi said he would not.
timkawakami Tim Kawakami
No press conference expected until 49ers hire a coach, then it will be a joint-presser, potentially or likely starring Jim Harbaugh.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by 190836:
Eric Branch broke it first, he doesn't get enough credit sometimes.

i havent been around the zone lately, who is this eric branch????

He replaced Matt Maiocco at Santa Rosa Press Democrate.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
MAN f**k JED

ALWAYS f**kING s**t UP
  • ZRF80
  • Member
  • Posts: 13,551
In essence, Jed hired himself as the GM. He has a clear image of what he wants the Niners to be like, which was apparent by his press conference after firing Sing. He's looking for offense........and its starts with coaching and makes its way down.

Baalke will be his guy......they will basically "see" eye-to-eye. Im sure Harbaugh will be on board by tomorrow night, so game on............
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i just cant believe we didnt interview anyone from a winning franchise

we did---our current head coach is tied for the best winning percentage as a head coach in NFL history.
timkawakami Tim Kawakami
Source: 49ers asked Mike Lombardi if he'd take a personnel position under Baalke, and Lombardi said he would not.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
In essence, Jed hired himself as the GM. He has a clear image of what he wants the Niners to be like, which was apparent by his press conference after firing Sing. He's looking for offense........and its starts with coaching and makes its way down.

Baalke will be his guy......they will basically "see" eye-to-eye. Im sure Harbaugh will be on board by tomorrow night, so game on............

are you actually happy
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by 190836:
Eric Branch broke it first, he doesn't get enough credit sometimes.

i havent been around the zone lately, who is this eric branch????

Replaced Matt Maiocco...or someone after Maiocco...at Press Democrat.


thank u too sonoco.
So basically it was Lombardi or Trent Baalke, and the typical Yorks chose the cheaper option?
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
MAN f**k JED

ALWAYS f**kING s**t UP

Too bad so sad. Get over it!

Just couldn't wait to blast him. Whatever.