There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jed York poll so far

Jed York poll so far

Feel free to wait until after he hires his GM, but your thoughts on young Jed York's approval or disapproval so far.
Too early to know now. I would not even want to vote on this until after the HC and his assistants are brought in.
the knee-jerk reaction would be to say that he is not doing a good job. but I do think its too early. ask again in a month. The GM/HC search will define Jed moreso than the Singletary hire. If he hits a couple of homeruns, all will be forgiven. If not, then let the disaster continue...
Originally posted by TN-Niner:
Too early to know now. I would not even want to vote on this until after the HC and his assistants are brought in.

This.
Based on our record for the last two years, and how the GM search is being handled now, I definitely do not approve.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Key words being: so far, I think he's doing a piss poor job and his record proves it. And I know there's some grey area considering who he inherited or when he officially took power.
The Singletary hiring was clearly a mistake, but how many of us fans were also fooled? Singletary did bring some passion to a team that desperately needed it, but that's about it. I think Jed is now taking the right approach, but I worry about Eddie D telling him to follow his gut. For such a young guy, you've got to wonder whether his gut really will tell him the right thing (it told him to hire Singletary!). If he can hire the right GM (and I think Baalke could be good), really leave the football stuff to him and just facilitate on the business side, then I'd say he'd be doing a good job. But as of now, that remains to be seen.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
If he lied about the General Manager search, I'll hate him.

If it all works out in the end, I'll love him.

Fickle fanatic.

He better not screw this up!!
just show the money
Double Zero.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Double Zero.
the guy said all the right things, he knows the needs of this team and he has been vocal about fixing those needs. its too early to tell but i think hes heading in the right directions.
He will get my vote of confidence if he can bring in either Gruden or Harbaugh
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the guy said all the right things, he knows the needs of this team and he has been vocal about fixing those needs. its too early to tell but i think hes heading in the right directions.