LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Luck-Harbaugh??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We did get a Panthers 1st round pick along with our own in the last draft. We could return the favor and see if the Panthers bite.
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
imagine this happens

- Denver beats San Diego to finish 5-11
- Cincinnati wins at Baltimore to finish 5-11
- Buffalo wins at the New York Jets to finish 5-11
- Arizona wins at San Francisco to finish 6-10
- Cleveland beats Pittsburgh to finish 6-10
- Dallas wins at Philadelphia to finish 6-10
- Detroit beats Minnesota to finish 6-10
- Houston loses to Jacksonville to finish 5-11

we'll get the #2 pick.

hell of alot we need to happen ..
all that and still actually signing harbaugh. then actually drafting luck.

I wasn't predicting this scenerio. I was actually questioning whther or not people would be willing to take a chance on Luck by trading up in the draft to get him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fricker:
actually ive seen this scenerio on nfl network and we dont even need all that all we need is

This is correct we only need 3 teams to win and us to lose.

Denver is a toss up with both teams out of contention, Cinncy says it will play hard against Baltimore who says it wont rest(this is our the hinge game for this scenerio) and the jets will be resting up against buffalo so a win is possible and lastly our team goes limping into az without our star LB and the handoff machine from the last az game will not be the game plan this time around so we'll probably lose..... :/ hurts to say that.

Edit: I could really see Carolina going for Nick Fairley or Prince Amukamara for defense or A.J. Green to give Clausen a fighting chance. Steve Smith is past his prime and know matter how much I like the guy I think he wants out of Carolina and wants to spend his twilight years with a contender. Therefor Carolina needs other things more then a QB. Andrew Luck to Brandon LaFell? I don't see that happening :/

[ Edited by sfout on Dec 31, 2010 at 00:18:53 ]
Luck-Harbaug is my dream......... but so was winning the NFC west.
both harbaugh and luck together would jump start our offense. we would finally have a qb that understands the offense he would just need chemistery. we have gore at rb to help the rook. we have a probowl te for him and with maybe one more weapon at wideout and we could have a pretty good offense.
Originally posted by sfout:
actually ive seen this scenerio on nfl network and we dont even need all that all we need is

This is correct we only need 3 teams to win and us to lose.

Denver is a toss up with both teams out of contention, Cinncy says it will play hard against Baltimore who says it wont rest(this is our the hinge game for this scenerio) and the jets will be resting up against buffalo so a win is possible and lastly our team goes limping into az without our star LB and the handoff machine from the last az game will not be the game plan this time around so we'll probably lose..... :/ hurts to say that.

Edit: I could really see Carolina going for Nick Fairley or Prince Amukamara for defense or A.J. Green to give Clausen a fighting chance. Steve Smith is past his prime and know matter how much I like the guy I think he wants out of Carolina and wants to spend his twilight years with a contender. Therefor Carolina needs other things more then a QB. Andrew Luck to Brandon LaFell? I don't see that happening :/

i think they trade luck and get a million picks for him. theyre gonna clean up. they have holes all over that team and drafting luck they would only be destroying a young qb like the niners did.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Luck-Harbaug is my dream......... but so was winning the NFC west.

I share the same dream ------
I want a passing quarterback....a running running back....and a coaching coach.
Please.

[ Edited by tondiman on Dec 31, 2010 at 02:01:39 ]

if we all have a 5-11 record, why would we get the tie breaker?
Originally posted by tondiman:

strength of schedule

#2 pick(chance of getting luck) along with getting Harbaugh would be the best christmas present EVER for niner fans around the world!

Please make the 1st part come true sunday and 2nd part of getting coach Harbuagh after Jan 3rd's bowl game!!!
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

strength of schedule

are you trying to tell me that we had a strong schedual?.... 6 games were against the nfc west. facepalm.

strength of schedule

are you trying to tell me that we had a strong schedual?.... 6 games were against the nfc west. facepalm.

Weaker schedule = higher draft pick
Originally posted by BringBackTO:

strength of schedule

Weaker schedule = higher draft pick

no we have the weakest lol
I've read many nut ball scenarios that explain how we might get Luck. I've yet to read a single scenario that explains why the Panthers would willingly pass on Luck.

Kids, Luck isn't in the cards.
Share 49ersWebzone