There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This is getting old real quick

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
ive seen it a couple times in some different threads and im sick of seeing people actually suggesting trade Willis for a freakin better draft pick to get Luck. its a terrible idea to get rid of a sure All-pro player and our best Defensive player by a large margin for a f**kin rookie.
there are smarter ways to to get a (potentially) good QB on this team w/o getting rid of the best thing we've got goin for us.

I'd have to agree with you, that is some dumb sht. Yesterday I was verbally assaulted for saying this place was an interesting study in human psychology and I stand by that. The drama you've been seeing over the last few days is what happens when people get desperate and feel there is no hope. I see no difference from what's going on in here than from people jumping from the windows of a burning building, no difference at all.

Now why would you give up a known quality, a 4-straight years to the pro bowl known quality, for something that might not pan out. Don't get me wrong, i want Luck to be a Niner, but there are other fools on this team that we can be dealt, for God sake. Give up two, three players if need be, but not the best fckin LB in the league.

I didnt know the off season had started and the trade scenarios had began. Ok, how about V.D and our #1 for Luck or the best QB after the combine.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
The concept of trading up is to get rid of a decent middle of the road player not a pro bowl player. VD will never be traded for 2 reasons, he is too good of a player and we just signed him to the richest contract in history for a TE, do you really think another team will want to take that the contract and what a top10 pick gets in the same year? I was told we are 30 million under the salary cap currently, I could be misinformed but we can clearly afford to make a big splash in free agency at other skill positions if we want.

[ Edited by sfout on Dec 30, 2010 at 21:01:13 ]
Originally posted by sfout:
The concept of trading up is to get rid of a decent middle of the road player not a pro bowl player. VD will never be traded for 2 reasons, he is too good of a player and we just signed him to the richest contract in history for a TE, do you really think another team will want to take that the contract a top10 pick gets in the same year? I was told we are 30 million under the salary cap currently, I could be misinformed but we can clearly afford to make a big splash in free agency at other skill positions if we want.

Proven pass rusher.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The concept of trading up is to get rid of a decent middle of the road player not a pro bowl player. VD will never be traded for 2 reasons, he is too good of a player and we just signed him to the richest contract in history for a TE, do you really think another team will want to take that the contract a top10 pick gets in the same year? I was told we are 30 million under the salary cap currently, I could be misinformed but we can clearly afford to make a big splash in free agency at other skill positions if we want.

Proven pass rusher.

My thoughts exactly, we need some real pressure from our front line.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Once again stop focusing on shelling our core players and think realistically about getting rid of guys like Clements or Morgan, Who truly are replaceable. We have so many needs that we need to focus on and cant afford to get rid of pillars of our teams.

RB: Westbrook is gone

FB: Norris is ancient

WR: Crab is a #2 at best we need a #1

C: We need to think about a new Center with Heitmann being 31 and coming off neck surgery

D:
All of our pass rushers are streaky,
Demtric Evans and Ray Mac are both FA
Aubrayo is a FA
Manny is a FA
Takeo is a FA
Goldson is a FA

Are there really people out there that think with all these players who we need to please with extensions or find replacements for that we are in a position to say by to people like Gore, Davis, Willis? Get it through your heads that if we are going to trade someone it will be someone like Brooks, Morgan, Clements, Snyder, and Carr.

We need a franchise QB not a stop gap. We need a deep threat WR, a every down pass rusher and a cover CB. We can't afford to weaken our other positions.
Once again stop focusing on shelling our core players and think realistically about getting rid of guys like Clements or Morgan, Who truly are replaceable. We have so many needs that we need to focus on and cant afford to get rid of pillars of our teams.

C: We need to think about a new Center with Heitmann being 31 and coming off neck surgery

D:
Aubrayo is a FA
Manny is a FA
Takeo is a FA
Goldson is a FA

Are there really people out there that think with all these players who we need to please with extensions or find replacements for that we are in a position to say by to people like Gore, Davis, Willis? Get it through your heads that if we are going to trade someone it will be someone like Brooks, Morgan, Clements, Snyder, and Carr.

We need a franchise QB not a stop gap. We need a deep threat WR, a every down pass rusher and a cover CB. We can't afford to weaken our other positions.

well said
Your going to trade the best middle line backer in the nfl for a rookie who could be a bust just like alex because we don't even know how to groom a qb.. Even culter wasn't worth that idea...

I'd trade justin smith for him... maybe ask if they'll take nate... Just loss next week and will be in spot 2, and then we can offer enough to trade and keep willis.

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 30, 2010 at 21:33:25 ]

D:
Aubrayo is a FA
Manny is a FA
Takeo is a FA
Goldson is a FA

sfout, you're gonna be alright on the zone man, welcome.
Originally posted by kezar49er:
ive seen it a couple times in some different threads and im sick of seeing people actually suggesting trade Willis for a freakin better draft pick to get Luck. its a terrible idea to get rid of a sure All-pro player and our best Defensive player by a large margin for a f**kin rookie.
there are smarter ways to to get a (potentially) good QB on this team w/o getting rid of the best thing we've got goin for us.

I'd have to agree with you, that is some dumb sht. Yesterday I was verbally assaulted for saying this place was an interesting study in human psychology and I stand by that. The drama you've been seeing over the last few days is what happens when people get desperate and feel there is no hope. I see no difference from what's going on in here than from people jumping from the windows of a burning building, no difference at all.

Now why would you give up a known quality, a 4-straight years to the pro bowl known quality, for something that might not pan out. Don't get me wrong, i want Luck to be a Niner, but there are other fools on this team that we can be dealt, for God sake. Give up two, three players if need be, but not the best fckin LB in the league.

I didnt know the off season had started and the trade scenarios had began. Ok, how about V.D and our #1 for Luck or the best QB after the combine.

That is more feasible. TEs can be replaced. The best deffensive player in the NFL cant.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

That is more feasible. TEs can be replaced. The best deffensive player in the NFL cant.

The best defensive player right now is Troy Polamalu. He can singlehandedly turn the game around with a pick-6, sack, or forced fumble. Patrick Willis can tackle everybody on the field, but is just not as dynamic. I would not be willing to trade VD. He is just too dynamic and could score a TD anytime. Other teams probably rack their brains trying to gameplan against VD.

Our #1 priority should be to rebuild our offense and we can't trade away the few offensive playmakers we have.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Willis is great but 3-4 ILBs just shouldn't be a high priority, it's reality.

Originally posted by NinerJedi:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

The best defensive player right now is Troy Polamalu. He can singlehandedly turn the game around with a pick-6, sack, or forced fumble. Patrick Willis can tackle everybody on the field, but is just not as dynamic. I would not be willing to trade VD. He is just too dynamic and could score a TD anytime. Other teams probably rack their brains trying to gameplan against VD.

Our #1 priority should be to rebuild our offense and we can't trade away the few offensive playmakers we have.

Willis does singlehandedly turn games around. he does get pick 6's.he has six sacks on the season with a team that rarely sends him on the blitz. he forces fumbles. do you even watch the guy.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
sorry no way you trade the best ILB for a chance at Luck or someone else, when we dont know if they are the savior or gonna be better than what we had.

exactly
any person who even thinks about trading one of the best ilbs in that game for a unproven qb-prospect, as good as he even might be, is mentally disabled or just dont know anything about TEAM sports.
if that position were that unimportant, nobody would know ray lewis.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
we have had patrick willis for 4 years and our defense is still not that good.

He is a very good player--but his position is not a franchise changer.

Yeah our defense is not that good but you'll see how bad they'll be without the best LB in the league sits out.