There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This is getting old real quick

We have to take a gamble if this opportunity presented it self. Patrick Willis will never have the ability to throw and make TDs.
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
ive seen it a couple times in some different threads and im sick of seeing people actually suggesting trade Willis for a freakin better draft pick to get Luck. its a terrible idea to get rid of a sure All-pro player and our best Defensive player by a large margin for a f**kin rookie.
there are smarter ways to to get a (potentially) good QB on this team w/o getting rid of the best thing we've got goin for us.

I'd have to agree with you, that is some dumb sht. Yesterday I was verbally assaulted for saying this place was an interesting study in human psychology and I stand by that. The drama you've been seeing over the last few days is what happens when people get desperate and feel there is no hope. I see no difference from what's going on in here than from people jumping from the windows of a burning building, no difference at all.

Now why would you give up a known quality, a 4-straight years to the pro bowl known quality, for something that might not pan out. Don't get me wrong, i want Luck to be a Niner, but there are other fools on this team that we can be dealt, for God sake. Give up two, three players if need be, but not the best fckin LB in the league.
Originally posted by NinerJedi:
We have to take a gamble if this opportunity presented it self. Patrick Willis will never have the ability to throw and make TDs.

• Shemp
  • Veteran

What you are saying might make sense logically on the surface. But there are too many reasons why trades like this almost never happen.

1) It will piss the fans off. This is where your revenue comes from.
2) It will piss many of the players off. Losing a player like Willis because "a quarterback is more important" can hurt morale, regardless of the fact that it is true.
3) You are not guaranteed a great quarterback.
4) There will be a tremendous amount of pressure on the new quarterback to succeed. If he does not succeed, multiply #1 and #2 by 1000.

If you are guaranteed a great quarterback, it probably makes sense to do it. The players and fans will get over the loss of Willis once the wins start piling up. But if you MISS, it could cripple the reputation of the franchise for many many years.
ive seen it a couple times in some different threads and im sick of seeing people actually suggesting trade Willis for a freakin better draft pick to get Luck. its a terrible idea to get rid of a sure All-pro player and our best Defensive player by a large margin for a f**kin rookie.
there are smarter ways to to get a (potentially) good QB on this team w/o getting rid of the best thing we've got goin for us.

hey uhh hmm

Originally posted by binary2nd:
Willis is great but 3-4 ILBs just shouldn't be a high priority, it's reality. Of course we aren't trading Willis, but you have to understand priority. If losing Willis meant we get a franchise QB, you do it without blinking.

Curse the tongue in which you speak!
holy f**k i hate this website now
Trade Willis - no way! If you get a top five pick trade it along with next years #1 and add something else, if that does not work look elsewhere.
Trading Patric Willis whos a proven NFL product for a draft pick . . . . Please who ever brought this up stop drinking and posting.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Trading Patric Willis whos a proven NFL product for a draft pick . . . . Please who ever brought this up stop drinking and posting.

Agreed.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

willis can do more than just stop teams from scoring.
he can get points himself.

i've seen him create a few td's in his career. You do have him figured out though because he won't be throwing any td's. Lets trade a HoF for a chance at a good qb.

Ninertalk gonna talk
  • rob28
  • Veteran

its not happening anyway so don't worry about it. theres nothing the niners can do to make carolina trade a franchise qb.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:
f*kk patrick willis.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home