LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Steve Young on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for AlohaBruh.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Steve Young is awesome. The Yorks are not. I think a lot of fans are close to giving up on this team.

not this one.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Wait, is he saying we "SHOULD" install guys that will bring back the WCO or we are?
He says the 49ers need a QB who can be nice on the street, but needs to be an assassin on the field and a jawbreaker. He says Jeff Garcia had that mentality.
Steve Young for team president! lol
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Steve is layin' it down right now!

Tell'em Steve...Tell these fools!

he really is. speakn the truth.. i love the passon
Listening to this is just depressing.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The way Steve is saying it right now, it sounds like Mike Mularkey is gonna be our next HC (if Baalke is indeed the next GM).

Does Mularkey run the WCO?

He's the same s**t we've been getting from Nolan/Sing, Falcons fans hate his ass, horribly conservative run-first offensive mentality (he's only succeeding cause he has Matt Ryan and an A+ o-line).
Too many people keep fantasizing about going back to the WCO. Just because it worked for us 20 years ago doesn't mean it will today. It seems as if people are jsut caught up too much in the glory days.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
The 1990s Giants won a super bowl didnt they?

At this point, I'll take 1 super bowl over the next 5-10 years then this sht.

People need to get over the idea that we're going to be this perennial 11-5 or better team for 20 straight years. Those days are over for EVERYONE in the NFL...not just us.

That isn't true. The Patriots are doing just that right in our faces.
He says we should install guys who come from the WCO tree. He also mentioned the guy doesn't necessarily need to be affiliated directly with Walsh. The guy they hire can simply just understand the WCO philosophy and principals and knows how to use it.

• Envy
  • Veteran
Put some of Steve's quotes on an email and fire them off to Jed.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
The way Steve is saying it right now, it sounds like Mike Mularkey is gonna be our next HC (if Baalke is indeed the next GM).

Does Mularkey run the WCO?

He's the same s**t we've been getting from Nolan/Sing, Falcons fans hate his ass, horribly conservative run-first offensive mentality (he's only succeeding cause he has Matt Ryan and an A+ o-line).

Did Steve mention Mularkey?
He says Matt Ryan is special and the Falcons need to quickly find elite players to surround him because he will be the next Tom Brady.

He says Jake Locker doesn't have it. He watched him play against BYU and said the guy doesn't have it.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Too many people keep fantasizing about going back to the WCO. Just because it worked for us 20 years ago doesn't mean it will today. It seems as if people are jsut caught up too much in the glory days.

Take that back! TAKE IT BACK!!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Just more reasons why I don't want Baalke.

oh can we have a thread with everyone's predictions pinned to whom is going to be our head ball coach, gm,....etc. so that years down the road we can go back and see whom we personally wanted. so here is my list

GM: Reese
Coach: J. Harbaugh.
Share 49ersWebzone