LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Steve Young on KNBR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He says the 49ers to put people ready to embrace Bill Walsh's style. He says Trent Baalke is a Bill Parcells guy, not a West Coast offense guy. He says if the 49ers want to be the 90s Giants, just do it, but don't say the 49ers will be a West Coast style team because Baalke is not a West Coast Offense guy...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just more reasons why I don't want Baalke.
This is must listen, he is fired up about the GM search. He says it is important for the next head coach to send a message to the fans and organization that we are going to embrace the legacy of what made the 49ers successful, from traveling to road games, to the way the 49ers practice, to scripting the first 15 plays, to running west coast offense style formations, etc...

He says it is already hard enough to win in the league, why not use the tools that makes most of the the teams successful - Saints, Patriots, Eagles, Colts, Falcons - he says all those teams use WCO plays even though they say its their own.
You forgot he is...

~ In house
~ Inexperienced
~ Cheap

That's a perfect fit.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Steve needs call Jed and talk some sense into the boy.
Steve is layin' it down right now!

Tell'em Steve...Tell these fools!
The way Steve is saying it right now, it sounds like Mike Mularkey is gonna be our next HC (if Baalke is indeed the next GM).
Steve Young is awesome. The Yorks are not. I think a lot of fans are close to giving up on this team.
It just continues to get more depressing by the day in ninerland. I'm expecting another decade of disappointment coming up.
Really I couldn't care less what offense the new regime installs I just want it to work and win......

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The way Steve is saying it right now, it sounds like Mike Mularkey is gonna be our next HC (if Baalke is indeed the next GM).

Does Mularkey run the WCO?
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
It just continues to get more depressing by the day in ninerland. I'm expecting another decade of disappointment coming up.

Bank it. Bet heavily on it in Vegas...
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Steve is layin' it down right now!

Tell'em Steve...Tell these fools!

I know he is often criticised for being too media friendly but you can hear the passion. He is tired of the 9ers giving up on who we are. I'm with him on this one.
The 1990s Giants won a super bowl didnt they?

At this point, I'll take 1 super bowl over the next 5-10 years then this sht.

People need to get over the idea that we're going to be this perennial 11-5 or better team for 20 straight years. Those days are over for EVERYONE in the NFL...not just us.
This interview is making it sink in yet again...

its gonna be 2011 and we stil dont do s**t right!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone