LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

When will Sing's secrets leak out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by susweel:
Overly religious dude probably has rotted his brain reading the bible fairy tales all day.

being religious and reading the bible doesn't make one inept.

Definition of INEPT
1: lacking in fitness or aptitude : unfit
2: lacking sense or reason : foolish
3: not suitable to the time, place, or occasion : inappropriate often to an absurd degree
4: generally incompetent : bungling

Really???
He is one strange dude, no question. I just can't believe that he was able to get the players to buy in for so long. They didn't stop playing hard until about the 30th game of his tenure.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DieHardNiner82:
He is one strange dude, no question. I just can't believe that he was able to get the players to buy in for so long. They didn't stop playing hard until about the 30th game of his tenure.

I bet towards the end they all probably rolled their eyes every time he gave one of those "motivational" speeches.
Originally posted by DieHardNiner82:

I bet towards the end they all probably rolled their eyes every time he gave one of those "motivational" speeches.

definitely. I'm sure most if not all of the players knew he was in way over his head. Tough talk will only get you so far. He was out coached week in, week out.
I suggest you all listen to this Podcast. If you skip ahead to minute 36, a 49er fan wrote in asking about Singletary. The host, Ross Tucker, says he has inside sources, most likely players that give some of the details of the mess Singletary was as a coach.

- When switching to the spread offense last year when VD and Crabs went into Sing's office to request it, at the next players meeting he went in and threw Jimmy Raye underneath the bus in front of the team.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Here is the link: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO&id=5970264
Overly religious dude probably has rotted his brain reading the bible fairy tales all day.

Too much of anything can be bad for you. Look at the Amish people...
I don't agree with the assessment of Sing. If anything the players seems buy into his method even if some of the activities seem odd. I think he was just trying to build team chemistry and endurance. Which every coach would want. But along with the physical stuff, I'm not sure that Sing stimulate his guys football brain to play any smartly. That was the part he sorely lack.
Originally posted by 49erAllTheWay:

Definition of INEPT
3: not suitable to the time, place, or occasion : inappropriate often to an absurd degree

Really???

Amazing the amount of ignorance and lack of education that appears sometimes on this board. People should do just a hint of research into world history and the evolution of western civilization and then make these same silly comments.

Anyway, this stuff doesn't belong in a football forum. Take your debates to the parking lot.

Mod anyone?

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Dec 30, 2010 at 10:35:38 ]

Well said!
Originally posted by 49erAllTheWay:

Definition of INEPT

Really???

You guys are making extremely prejudiced remarks and are coming off as very offensive.

I consider myself pretty religious, yet I have a master's degree and soon I will be in the process of working on my doctorate. Am I inept?

Last I checked, there is no correlation of ineptitude to whether or not a person is religious, an atheist, a republican, a democrat, gay, or straight. It's simply one characteristic of many interacting characteristics that result in the corollary of ineptitude.

The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can get your own head out of your bum.

But with that being said, you're a fellow 49er fan, I forgive you all

Originally posted by ttime1:
So, a man who has been highly respected through-out his entire career by those both in the professsion and those who are not is not crazzy???

The guy is a HOF linebacker so of course he's going to get respect for his on-the-field accomplishments. Being respected for being in the HOF doesn't automatically make him a good head coach.

This is rediculous. Sing is a highly intelligent man.

I would argue that he's a man of mediocre intelligence. Lots of coaches in the NFL are "highly intelligent." Doesn't automatically make them a good coach.

He may have failed at coaching this time, but I am more inclined to believe that it is the 49ers organization that is highly dysfunctional than Sing.

I think Sing was just as dysfunctional as the organization. They did after all pick a coach with no previous coaching experience without even interviewing another candidate.

He won before he got here; but the team has been loosers every since the Yorks took over.

Where? He's never been a head coach before. Or are you talking about his HOF career again because we already established that it means jack s**t when it comes to being an NFL head coach.

I think what we will discover when it all comes out is the battle that he had with management to make his own decissions; how they continued to meddle in coaching deicsions and his decision to do things his way resulted in animosity.

I wish they would have "meddled" more after seeing this piece of s**t product on the field. His "philosophy" worked 25 years ago. Are you telling me that if management hadn't "meddled" as you say in his decisions his outdated strategy would have worked? I find that hard to believe.

I mean, why was it necessary to fire him for the last game; other than it being personal?

Easy. Out of playoff contention and wanted to get started on their GM search.

The fact that he did not convey to Alex (with whom he had previosly went out of his way to support) that he was not starting suggest that there was something that was really straining their relationship.

This is really illogical so I don't even know how to address this illogical argument.

And the whole mole issue?

I'm quite happy for that "dad-gum yahoo" who spoke up. Imagine having to put up with Jimmy Raye for the entire season! Ughhh this season would've been even worse than it was already.

There is more than meets the eye here and the York's or management likely help create a dysfunctional situation.

The one thing you've said that I actually agree with.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
I think a lot of stuff is gonna come to light now that he's been fired. I honestly think that man is mentally retarded.

At best he is a sociopath, at worst a cross-dresser.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I think a lot of stuff is gonna come to light now that he's been fired. I honestly think that man is mentally retarded.

At best he is a sociopath, at worst a cross-dresser.

One thing we do know for sure is he has turrets syndrome on the sideline
Originally posted by fly15:

sorry dude, but sometimes it does, anyways

That is an inept answer.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran

So, a man who has been highly respected through-out his entire career by those both in the professsion and those who are not is not crazzy??? This is rediculous. Sing is a highly intelligent man. He may have failed at coaching this time, but I am more inclined to believe that it is the 49ers organization that is highly dysfunctional than Sing. He won before he got here; but the team has been loosers every since the Yorks took over.

I think what we will discover when it all comes out is the battle that he had with management to make his own decissions; how they continued to meddle in coaching deicsions and his decision to do things his way resulted in animosity. I mean, why was it necessary to fire him for the last game; other than it being personal? The fact that he did not convey to Alex (with whom he had previosly went out of his way to support) that he was not starting suggest that there was something that was really straining their relationship. And the whole mole issue?

There is more than meets the eye here and the York's or management likely help create a dysfunctional situation.

lolwut?
Share 49ersWebzone