LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

When will Sing's secrets leak out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Singletary was an awful coach, but none of us really know how odd and strange this guy really is.

There are hints of things like players and coaches defecting, the nutcracker hill, the press conferences and all that public stuff.

What really went on that we don't know about. Maybe some really strange stuff?

Here is a quote:

Glazer also commented on Mike Singletary, the former Niners coach. Glazer said he was beating the team down all season and made it hard to be there. "Guys were telling me their heads were just spinning," Glazer said.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/141581/index.html?eref=twitter_feed#ixzz19cEws2qA
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

The really damning thing is not Singletary's strangeness, likely he is not in control of that, but that the Yorks kept this dysfunctional guy around until the bitter end. Either they didn't know, agreed with his "techniques", were afraid to act, or what?

In any case, when the players are able to come to terms with all that happened and aren't afraid to talk about it, all sorts of strange things will come to light that will damn this organization more than it has been.
brain is mush. The moves he made throughout the season convince me.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
I think a lot of stuff is gonna come to light now that he's been fired. I honestly think that man is mentally retarded.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Singletary was an awful coach, but none of us really know how odd and strange this guy really is.

There are hints of things like players and coaches defecting, the nutcracker hill, the press conferences and all that public stuff.

What really went on that we don't know about. Maybe some really strange stuff?

Here is a quote:

Glazer also commented on Mike Singletary, the former Niners coach. Glazer said he was beating the team down all season and made it hard to be there. "Guys were telling me their heads were just spinning," Glazer said.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/141581/index.html?eref=twitter_feed#ixzz19cEws2qA
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

The really damning thing is not Singletary's strangeness, likely he is not in control of that, but that the Yorks kept this dysfunctional guy around until the bitter end. Either they didn't know, agreed with his "techniques", were afraid to act, or what?

In any case, when the players are able to come to terms with all that happened and aren't afraid to talk about it, all sorts of strange things will come to light that will damn this organization more than it has been.

Good points -- but the shyte really didn't start hitting the proverbial fan until late in the offseason. It really all started with the sudden dismissal of McClueless and then it got worse.

But at that point -- remember -- it was two weeks before the draft. You just can't suddenly up and fire a head coach at that point. If the Yorks were truly going to let Dingleberry walk -- it would have been at the end of last season. That was the ideal time.

But it didn't happen. The Yorks chose to stick with Dingleberry. And then -- right before the draft -- all the strange shyte started coming down the drain.

At that point? When you know things are going wrong? It's too late to pull the plug and start over. They had to stick with the Dingle and hope for the best.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Overly religious dude probably has rotted his brain reading the bible fairy tales all day.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Overly religious dude probably has rotted his brain reading the bible fairy tales all day.

being religious and reading the bible doesn't make one inept.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
when we get to see the TAPES!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Otter:

Sing reminds me of these so called "reformed" ex-cons who have suddenly found god.
Can somebody post: "Official Singletary Coaching Leaks!"
Originally posted by A-R-S:
I think a lot of stuff is gonna come to light now that he's been fired. I honestly think that man is mentally retarded.

I think that 49er fans are mentally retarded.........no offense.

Sing reminds me of these so called "reformed" ex-cons who have suddenly found god.

i will say right now that his "faith" s**t is all a front. my girl dealt with him. she said every other word out of his mouth was a curse word. my brother who also dealt with him at charity events said his mouth is foul and that he is a cocky f**k.

and he is cheap.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 76Razor:

i will say right now that his "faith" s**t is all a front. my girl dealt with him. she said every other word out of his mouth was a curse word. my brother who also dealt with him at charity events said his mouth is foul and that he is a cocky f**k.

and he is cheap.

Wow really ???

I never thought of him as that way. He even says dad-gum yahoo.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

• fly15
  • Veteran

sorry dude, but sometimes it does, anyways

didnt know he had any secrets
Originally posted by A-R-S:

So, a man who has been highly respected through-out his entire career by those both in the professsion and those who are not is not crazzy??? This is rediculous. Sing is a highly intelligent man. He may have failed at coaching this time, but I am more inclined to believe that it is the 49ers organization that is highly dysfunctional than Sing. He won before he got here; but the team has been loosers every since the Yorks took over.

I think what we will discover when it all comes out is the battle that he had with management to make his own decissions; how they continued to meddle in coaching deicsions and his decision to do things his way resulted in animosity. I mean, why was it necessary to fire him for the last game; other than it being personal? The fact that he did not convey to Alex (with whom he had previosly went out of his way to support) that he was not starting suggest that there was something that was really straining their relationship. And the whole mole issue?

There is more than meets the eye here and the York's or management likely help create a dysfunctional situation.
Share 49ersWebzone