There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kawakami's latest, 12/30

Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by DraftaQB:
Schefter who is usually very reliable says Harbaugh is heading to Michigan.
So chalk off off plan A.

Kawakami now says Gruden is not coming cuz the Yorks won't pay him what he wants (so much for money no object).

It's not looking good - looks like we are going to be stuck with a plan Z type coach.

where does it say this at?

On his twitter feed
Originally posted by crabman82:
need to vent a little bit.....everywhere i turn in my house i have 49er merchandise, even my son i dress in niner gear, i come from a family of mostly seahawk fans and they just laugh at the state of this team, never thought i'd see the say when s**thawk fans were making fun of niner fans, pisses me off

Seapigen fans should be s**tting there pants at the thought of us getting Harbaugh!
So chalk off off plan A.

Kawakami now says Gruden is not coming cuz the Yorks won't pay him what he wants (so much for money no object).

It's not looking good - looks like we are going to be stuck with a plan Z type coach.

Schefter's comment with Ross Tucker on Harbaugh to Michigan was far from definitive . . .

"We'll see what actually happens, but it's the sense of people around the league that Harbaugh will end up in Michigan."
So chalk off off plan A.

On his twitter feed
Cheap a** Yorks, "The money is not an object". Yeah right.
Originally posted by 190836:
So chalk off off plan A.

On his twitter feed

"Money is no object" doesnt mean.."lets blow our load on 2 people."
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
So chalk off off plan A.

On his twitter feed

In NFL it does. You don't want to spend the money, then you have no business owning an NFL franchise . Thats the going rate.
From my vantage point, it looks like the uncertainty regarding the CBA is kind of dictating our teams choices right now. Who could we possibly get to sign on when the future is so foggy? For all we know, we may not have a season at all next year; so why would Jed actually be looking for a top dollar hire when all indications are that the 9ers won't be signing any pay checks in the foreseeable future? Doesn't make sense for anybody outside of the organization to abandon their current paying jobs, much less even think about hitching their wagons to a NFL contract that could very well be worth f**k all for a whole year, or whatever. Therefore, it doesn't make sense for Jed to perform a "real" interview process because the most sought after individuals won't be signing anything with NFL clubs until they're guaranteed work. Hello college programs; could this be the reason so many .500 teams are getting f**king bowl games now? Pad the old bank account in preparation of the great turkey shoot of NFL coaches and upper management.

What does make sense is the notion that until this CBA garbage gets settled, our rebuild process will be slowed down to a crawl. The logical choice is Baalke, and as much as it pains me to say it: it looks like Timmy K is right. If the York's can't find a way to lure Harbaugh in, it'll be Baalke's job to salvage the situation by making his first ever coaching hire...sounds like the makings of cannon fodder to me. Baalke's gonna sink or swim in his 1st official attempt at GM within the framework of a 1 year plan...if there's even a season next year. If he fails, my guess is the York's finally do what's required and conduct a proper interviewing process to get the best candidate available. Too many unknowns for them to go splashing around right now. I'm starting to agree with the notion that this "interview process" really is what the media is calling it: window dressing.

Believe me, I'd love nothing better than to sh*t on the York's efforts yet again, but this time I genuinely feel as though their hands are tied until the CBA is dealt with...which blows cuz everything I just said means our off-season will be unbearable around here [sad] We were lead to believe that this off-season will be one of change, when it's really starting to look a lot like when you tell the old lady you're going to take the trash out when it's too damn cold, or it's raining outside. You say you're gonna do it, but what you actually do is fire that sh*t in the garage so you can deal with it in the morning when things aren't so miserable outside.

Maybe a little bit too much conspiracy guy in this post, but I trust no one at this point
Originally posted by susweel:
Typical bumbling York's this is not going to end well.

i'm starting to see why mcclueless had to be drunk to be at work

Could be worse, it could of been a Lowell Cohn article
So chalk off off plan A.

On his twitter feed

Throttle back you guys. I would like to get Chucky but if he is asking 10mil a year, then money comes a option. Phil Jackson is the highest in sports at 10mil and Bill B NFL is next at 7.5 mil you never know what or if he said anything.

None of us no if any of this is true.
Best line of the whole article:

They don't ever seem to get better, only funnier.

Sad, but true if they end up botching this front office transformation.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by susweel:
Typical bumbling York's this is not going to end well.

i'm starting to see why mcclueless had to be drunk to be at work

Ok, I have to ask: where did this "McCloughan was drunk" stuff came from? I never read anything suggesting that and i read pretty much all things 49ers.
Originally posted by GoldRushGirl:
So chalk off off plan A.

On his twitter feed

Throttle back you guys. I would like to get Chucky but if he is asking 10mil a year, then money comes a option. Phil Jackson is the highest in sports at 10mil and Bill B NFL is next at 7.5 mil you never know what or if he said anything.

None of us no if any of this is true.

It's the way just one bit of info can be distorted by the time it reaches out. Words like "front runner" (What right now? OK, until the right man comes along), "league sources both inside and out" (What, those with some vendetta because loyal cronies don't do that to the "Big Boss"?), etc.

Even my position is highly speculative. I am assuming a great deal without true knowledge of the process. That's what these guys are paid to do. They get "word" from the inside, it's no big deal.

However, it's a different story when a "highly respected" NFL man like Michael Lombardi airs out his laundry on NFLN basically calling Jed a bold face liar by contradicting what Jed said about the GM process. If this is NOT true, Lombardi already scarred an already fragile process. IMO, he's highly unprofessional.

Kawakami loves this. You can tell in his tone, underlying current of mockery. Also, unprofessional. Hey, it sells!

The media loves to overreact. Its what sells advertising because everybody has to talk about it. Like what I am doing now.

49ers will be fine. Jed is obviously motivated to succeed and willing to do what it takes. There is a wealth of good candidates for HC. Baalke seems like an awesome dude and he had a nice draft this year. The 49ers can safely dump Alex Smith with the worst case scenario being we start Troy Smith all year, so no drop in production. Main core of talent returning. I see only one way to go and that is way up from this horrible year.
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
The media loves to overreact. Its what sells advertising because everybody has to talk about it. Like what I am doing now.

49ers will be fine. Jed is obviously motivated to succeed and willing to do what it takes. There is a wealth of good candidates for HC. Baalke seems like an awesome dude and he had a nice draft this year. The 49ers can safely dump Alex Smith with the worst case scenario being we start Troy Smith all year, so no drop in production. Main core of talent returning. I see only one way to go and that is way up from this horrible year.