LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Hear me out on this: But why Jim Harbaugh?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hmmm see im torn on this also.. here is why

2007 Stanford 4–8 3–6 T–7th
2008 Stanford 5–7 4–5 T–6th

So you say thats just when he started with the franchise look at them now.. But those 2 years were with out Andrew luck 09 and 10 with with Luck. Therefore my concern is the great QB play is what made him considered a winner at Stanford. Something we do not have right now and this is not college football where 1 player can make a team
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
it's really simple..

between Harbaugh and Gruden, why not take the coach that is more proven between the two, instead of rollin the dice once more.. we've already done that with Singletary.

.. and we did the same thing by drafting Alex Smith because of his potential and more athletic over Aaron Rodgers who really was more proven at the college level..
Originally posted by Fricker:
Hmmm see im torn on this also.. here is why

2007 Stanford 4–8 3–6 T–7th
2008 Stanford 5–7 4–5 T–6th

So you say thats just when he started with the franchise look at them now.. But those 2 years were with out Andrew luck 09 and 10 with with Luck. Therefore my concern is the great QB play is what made him considered a winner at Stanford. Something we do not have right now and this is not college football where 1 player can make a team

he recruited luck. that first year wasnt his recruiting class. hes the one who brought in all the talent and coached em up. offense and defense got way better when he got his guys in there, he turned that whole place around, its not just luck, people dont score much on stanford either because their defense is legit
Share 49ersWebzone