There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kawakami's latest

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
As usual............the truth hurts. If this Baalke stuff is true and Jed goes for the easy solution instead of actually taking his time to find the "right man for the job", get used to another 5 years of losing.

I told everybody. I called it. Same Yorks...
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
Baalke's resume is the talent on the field. The reason every pundit in the world, including Kawakami, including Cohn, picked the Niners to win the NFC West this year was that the talent on the field was clearly there. That is not even an arguable point.

So if you don't trust York to make a good GM hire decsion, you should be cheering for him to retain the one proven commodity he has -- Baalke.

But if you trust York to make a good GM hire decision, then you cheer for him to get someone better.

People forget - this was the 2010 49er Offseason from a GM perspective:

1)Willis extended
2) Davis extended
3) Ted Ginn brought in for a 6th (no loss there for a WR/PR/KR)
4) Decent draft with 2 starters and a up-and-coming back-up
6) Sims re-signed for 2 years (brilliant signing)
5) Brian Westbrook signed back-up to Gore (brilliant signing)
6) All first round picks signed well before training camp
7) Didn't cave in to Manny Lawson
8) Didn't cave in to Abruyo Franklin
9) Didn't cave in to extending Dashon Goldson but drafted his replacement
10) Travis LaBoy signed (had almost as many sacks as Haralson and Lawson combined)

Maybe it's me but that's a kick-ass GM off-season for the 49ers. This is MUCH better than the drunken McCloughan decisions.

Tell me what's wrong with this list as a GM.

Do I think this is enough to make him GM? Maybe not, but that's a damn good start in my opinion. What's insane to me is Baalke is getting hammered for "the failure on the field." I agree with Kawakami that Singletary was allowed to run a muck but that's the power structure Jed created. Singletary inherited Nolan's role. That MUST be changed. Maybe it is ..... but Baalke, IMHO saved what respectability was left.

Imagine just how angry the NT would be without Sims, Westbrook or LaBoy. Adam Snyder playing LT, a rook who has problems keeping his feet at RB and absolutely no pass-rush at all.

Everyone's head would have exploded.

I think it was Maiocco who pointed out and I agree: Baalke's issues have more to do with his presence in the building. This season he still behaved like a scout and wasn't around for most of the year. As a GM, he has to put an enitre structure in place and then oversee it on a daily basis. That's the part I'm unsure of.

As far as a talent evaluator, I'm with you, I liked his offseason.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Baalke's resume is the talent on the field. The reason every pundit in the world, including Kawakami, including Cohn, picked the Niners to win the NFC West this year was that the talent on the field was clearly there. That is not even an arguable point.

So if you don't trust York to make a good GM hire decsion, you should be cheering for him to retain the one proven commodity he has -- Baalke.

But if you trust York to make a good GM hire decision, then you cheer for him to get someone better.

1)Willis extended
2) Davis extended
10) Travis LaBoy signed (had almost as many sacks as Haralson and Lawson combined)

Maybe it's me but that's a kick-ass GM off-season for the 49ers. This is MUCH better than the drunken McCloughan decisions.

Do I think this is enough to make him GM? Maybe not, but that's a damn good start in my opinion. What's insane to me is Baalke is getting hammered for "the failure on the field." I agree with Kawakami that Singletary was allowed to run a muck but that's the power structure Jed created. Singletary inherited Nolan's role. That MUST be changed. Maybe it is ..... but Baalke, IMHO saved what respectability was left.

Imagine just how angry the NT would be without Sims, Westbrook or LaBoy. Adam Snyder playing LT, a rook who has problems keeping his feet at RB and absolutely no pass-rush at all.

Not to mention he had LaGarrett Blount in our hands before the Titans persuaded him to go there.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat201:

1)Willis extended
2) Davis extended

Not to mention he had LaGarrett Blount in our hands before the Titans persuaded him to go there.

Don't remind me... Could you imagine a one-two punch with Gore and Blount...
Hate to say it but Kawakami has been pretty dead on about the 49ers the last 5+ years
Originally posted by obx49:

1)Willis extended
2) Davis extended

like i was saying on sunday. blount would be uknown in the NFL right now if the niners signed him. he would have been on the practice squad.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Hate to say it but Kawakami has been pretty dead on about the 49ers the last 5+ years

cosigned
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

1)Willis extended
2) Davis extended

like i was saying on sunday. blount would be uknown in the NFL right now if the niners signed him. he would have been on the practice squad.

We can safely blame that one on Singletary and his man crush on Frank Gore.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
As usual............the truth hurts. If this Baalke stuff is true and Jed goes for the easy solution instead of actually taking his time to find the "right man for the job", get used to another 5 years of losing.

I told everybody. I called it. Same Yorks...

was 1 saying this myself...it's the dorks
2. What is the basis to state he is not capable of doing the job? Just because he is in the organization does not mean he is worthless, I would be concerned if he is a "yes man", which is something you could get from an outsider.

Baalke has never been a GM in title or responsibility. Until McCloughan's departure late in the draft prep, he was never in charge of the draft. He was the director of player personnel for ONE year before getting his "promotion". Does that sound like the guy you want to reshape the football operations of our Niners?

In case you haven't noticed, our organization has been a mess ever since the Yorks took over 8 years ago. If you want to see real change, why would you hire someone from within? This possibility just shows that Jed is blowing smoke up our ass about finding a GM who will make all the decisions going forward about our football operations.

THE YORKS ARE THE F*CKING OWNERS OF THE TEAM! GET USED TO IT!

If you can't look beyond the fact that the Yorks own the team, then why don't you go post somewhere else - on another team's web site?

You don't like the Yorks. You have no faith that the Yorks can build a winning team. We all know that. You and those who share your views have made it perfectly clear.

So since in your minds, the 49ers are hopeless, then why do you waste your time here? There will never again be a 49er winning team, at least not as long as the Yorks own the team. That's your position, right? We have read it time and time again.

How about SHUTTING UP NOW?!

The Yorks are the owners; if you can't say anything good about the team with the Yorks as owners, then get out of there, for God's sake! We are tired of hearing from you and your naysayer comrades!
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

1)Willis extended
2) Davis extended

Very, very true. I made the same argument in another thread about Nate Davis. I said if Singletary had a Tom Brady just coming out of college then under Sing he would have been cut and kept Alex as the starter.

1)Willis extended
2) Davis extended

That kinda sht happens though. Who would have known that an undrafted trouble maker would have success in his rookie year.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

1)Willis extended
2) Davis extended

That kinda sht happens though. Who would have known that an undrafted trouble maker would have success in his rookie year.

Yea, it does happen. I pretty sure the Jets are kicking themselves about Danny Woodhead.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

1)Willis extended
2) Davis extended

My comment had nothing to do about whether anyone knew Blount was gonna have a good year but that NinerGm pointed out all the positives Baalke done so far since he took over and how he had Blount just about signed before he change his mind.
Tk is going to have a field day ripping Jed. He's next in line now that Cohan sold.