LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Kawakami's latest

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
This article was posted late last night.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/12/28/baalke-as-49ers-gm-if-harbaugh-isnt-part-of-the-package-its-another-york-surrender/
As usual............the truth hurts. If this Baalke stuff is true and Jed goes for the easy solution instead of actually taking his time to find the "right man for the job", get used to another 5 years of losing.
1. All of this is based on rumors.

2. What is the basis to state he is not capable of doing the job? Just because he is in the organization does not mean he is worthless, I would be concerned if he is a "yes man", which is something you could get from an outsider.

3. What is the basis for saying Sing controlled him? If, that is the case he seemed to bully everyone including the Yorks.

4. I was not crazy about his draft move to take A. Davis but seemed to have a decent draft, the jury is still out.

5. Gruden and Harbaugh are in position to sit back and wait for any organization to show them the money, it does not apply only to the 49ers.
2. What is the basis to state he is not capable of doing the job? Just because he is in the organization does not mean he is worthless, I would be concerned if he is a "yes man", which is something you could get from an outsider.

Baalke has never been a GM in title or responsibility. Until McCloughan's departure late in the draft prep, he was never in charge of the draft. He was the director of player personnel for ONE year before getting his "promotion". Does that sound like the guy you want to reshape the football operations of our Niners?

In case you haven't noticed, our organization has been a mess ever since the Yorks took over 8 years ago. If you want to see real change, why would you hire someone from within? This possibility just shows that Jed is blowing smoke up our ass about finding a GM who will make all the decisions going forward about our football operations.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

3. What is the basis for saying Sing controlled him? If, that is the case he seemed to bully everyone including the Yorks.

4. I was not crazy about his draft move to take A. Davis but seemed to have a decent draft, the jury is still out.

5. Gruden and Harbaugh are in position to sit back and wait for any organization to show them the money, it does not apply only to the 49ers.

From what I have heard (KNBR) and read, Baalke and Sing did not particularly see eye to eye and disagreed on quite a few things.
This guy might be working for Jed for quite some time now but he never was a 49ers guy or somebody whose name has been floating around for years. Some GMs with other teams were unknown before they got their job and their team started winning.

Trent started from the bottom of the profession and obviously he's got talent and good management/leadership skills to reach this far, albeit the 49ers. After I've seen him talk a few times during the draft and that he puts out very good presentations tells me he is a very good professional and knows what he's talking about.

Also, when he was on KNBR (or another radio station - can't remember when) he appeared to be a personable and likeable guy. I have seen GMs that are just total AsHls and can't even do a decent job. If I am working for a big company and doing my best, with all the talent that I have, dedication, and loyalty to elevate myself to the next position and just get bypassed by an outsider - I would be so raging MAD.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Baalke has never been a GM in title or responsibility. Until McCloughan's departure late in the draft prep, he was never in charge of the draft. He was the director of player personnel for ONE year before getting his "promotion". Does that sound like the guy you want to reshape the football operations of our Niners?

In case you haven't noticed, our organization has been a mess ever since the Yorks took over 8 years ago. If you want to see real change, why would you hire someone from within? This possibility just shows that Jed is blowing smoke up our ass about finding a GM who will make all the decisions going forward about our football operations.

TK is a hater and an ass clown, pay no attention to him.

[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Dec 29, 2010 at 07:53:40 ]
Originally posted by Sourball:

From what I have heard (KNBR) and read, Baalke and Sing did not particularly see eye to eye and disagreed on quite a few things.

Jed said on CSN that there wasn't a great chemistry between Baalke and Singletary.

You know, this may have nothing to do with it, but I remember that right before the Taylor Mays pick, the 49ers war room camera showed Singletary almost screaming and then storming out of the room. Maybe that's the lack of chemistry people are talking about.
Originally posted by Sourball:

Not only that , Baalke did not have the authourity to over rule Sing over personnel & coaching matters , No one in the orginization except baby boy / Jed !

Kamikaze is a real life troll. I refuse to read the garbage he spews.

The definition of a hack.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I can tell you this much, I have worked in the private sector for different companies and I have seen how capable, productive, quality personnel has not been considered for top positions in outsiders and the hirings have resulted in complete failures. Bringing an outsider is not a sure sign of success.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
This guy might be working for Jed for quite some time now but he never was a 49ers guy or somebody whose name has been floating around for years. Some GMs with other teams were unknown before they got their job and their team started winning.

Trent started from the bottom of the profession and obviously he's got talent and good management/leadership skills to reach this far, albeit the 49ers. After I've seen him talk a few times during the draft and that he puts out very good presentations tells me he is a very good professional and knows what he's talking about.

Also, when he was on KNBR (or another radio station - can't remember when) he appeared to be a personable and likeable guy. I have seen GMs that are just total AsHls and can't even do a decent job. If I am working for a big company and doing my best, with all the talent that I have, dedication, and loyalty to elevate myself to the next position and just get bypassed by an outsider - I would be so raging MAD.

Nice 49erSam, I agree. This team is in good position to begin winning, we need a QB and coach to lead. Baalke is more than capeable of putting the structure together. He is after all a protege of Parcells. Trent Baalke isn't our problem and very well could be part of the solution, from what I've heard Harbough and Gruden think highly of Baalke.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Kamikaze is a real life troll. I refuse to read the garbage he spews.

The definition of a hack.

This... plus he is such a twitter whore...
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Promoting Baalke makes the most sense. Baalke knows the team, gets along with Jed, knows the job, is well qualified, proved he can run a draft with little to no prep time and is already in house. Giving Baalke the job today gets us a head start on finding and grabbing one of the top coaches.
Share 49ersWebzone