LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Greg Manusky Stay or Go

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I used to like Manusky but we need someone who is smarter. Manusky has gotten a pass all season. The sole focus has been on (of course) Alex Smith and Sing and the offense. The defense is better than 2006 I agree but it's still not where it should be. We have no speed on defense and we never scheme properly it seems. If a team has a speedy RB and runs the screen effectively...we are fvcked. And I feel like every time it's a crucial 3rd and long situation...our defense buckles.

I say clean house. Bring in a proven winner at DC.

Really? No speed on defense?
How many linebackers are faster than Willis Brooks and Lawson?
How many Safeties are faster than Mayes, Smith and Gholdson?
How many 3-4 D lineman are faster than Smith, Franklin and Soap?

I don't think that raw speed is the issue.
Originally posted by sfniner:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I used to like Manusky but we need someone who is smarter. Manusky has gotten a pass all season. The sole focus has been on (of course) Alex Smith and Sing and the offense. The defense is better than 2006 I agree but it's still not where it should be. We have no speed on defense and we never scheme properly it seems. If a team has a speedy RB and runs the screen effectively...we are fvcked. And I feel like every time it's a crucial 3rd and long situation...our defense buckles.

I say clean house. Bring in a proven winner at DC.

Our defensive calls have been as aggressive as a newborn puppy. The problem is, I don't know if that was Manusky wanting to call the softest plays possible or if Singletary was ordering him to do so. If he blitzed more often and actually tried to apply pressure when the game is on the line instead of laying back and getting burned game after game, then I think he'd be OK to stay.

If it was Singletary's orders, then we just need to bring in a coach that will tell him to be more aggressive, since Manusky would just be a yes man.
Originally posted by sfniner:

Not many safeties are faster than Taylor Mays, but Goldson is slow for a FS and Reggie Smith is average in the speed department. Mays doesn't even start, so his speed is negated by his presence on the sidelines.

Willis and Lawson are fast, Brooks not so much. Spikes and Haralson are slow.

Justin Smith and Isaac Sopoaga are not fast by any means, and Franklin moves like a sloth. I don't think anyone was referring to the D-Linemen when complaining about speed, though.

Our fastest guys are a safety who doesn't play and 2 linebackers. Do you know who the fastest guys on the field SHOULD be? CBs. Which of our CBs has speed? None.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
This year the Defense under achieved. Manusky has done a good job since Nolan was fired. But the problem I have is that our cb play off the reciever to often. Do we have any bump and run scheme.

Our defense played poorly often this year is it the players fault? Or the defensive staff? Not sure what to think on this. But if he stays and Harbaugh is the coash I would not be dissapointed.

Please donot hire anyone from Baltimore to coach our defense. As long as Ray Lewis is there, it is really him running that defense so please donot get anyone from your brothers staff, should you JIM get this job.
Originally posted by GORO:
This year the Defense under achieved. Manusky has done a good job since Nolan was fired. But the problem I have is that our cb play off the reciever to often. Do we have any bump and run scheme.

Our defense played poorly often this year is it the players fault? Or the defensive staff? Not sure what to think on this. But if he stays and Harbaugh is the coash I would not be dissapointed.

Please donot hire anyone from Baltimore to coach our defense. As long as Ray Lewis is there, it is really him running that defense so please donot get anyone from your brothers staff, should you JIM get this job.

Sorry dude, but Ray Lewis is not scheming and game planning for the Baltimore defense. He plays his role and provides leadership, but he doesn't coach.
Quote:
49ers defensive coordinator Greg Manusky will interview for the Panthers head-coaching job, a league source said. -Matt Maiocco
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Manusky = FAIL.

Bring in Mora Jr. and a very aggressive 4-3.

Mora Jr= FAIL

Not at Defensive Coordinator.

YES at Defensive Coordinator!

DC 1999-2003

1999: 28.3 PPG (2nd worst in the NFL) 355 YPG (4th worst in the NFL, Dead last in pass yards per game)

2000: 26 PPG (28th best), 356 YPG (29th best),

2001: 9th in PPG, okay.

2002: 18th in PPG, 14th in YPG. Uh

2003: 21st in PPG, 13th in YPG

Theres nothing special about Jim Mora jr.

Not to mention you would have to change personnel from the 3-4 to the 4-3...I know some here think theres NOTHING to a switch...
Originally posted by jreff22:
GTFO
GTFO

Originally posted by oldman9er:
GTFO
doesnt matter, harbaugh will just bring in his current d coordinator
Apparently the Panthers are interviewing him! No idea why they would want him, but they can take him!
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Apparently the Panthers are interviewing him! No idea why they would want him, but they can take him!

bet he would pass on a QB
Originally posted by foreign49er:

bet he would pass on a QB

No way he passes on Luck. If anything he trades down and get's Mallet/Locker/Gabbert/Newtwon then a pass-rusher/corner in the 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone