LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Is frank gore done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ronnie Brown might be available for the right price
That doesn't matter the panters will have no interest in gore. They don't need a RB
  • jrg
  • Veteran

what the hell is wrong w/ you guys? ive never seen so much stupidity in my entire life until i came to niner talk.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
He's got 1-3 more seasons IMO.

Agreed.

Gore bounces back next year and is a candidate for comeback player of the year.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Ronnie Brown might be available for the right price
so we should give up on a 28-year-old workhorse and sign a 29-year-old guy who isnt better at all???
Originally posted by jrg:

what the hell is wrong w/ you guys? ive never seen so much stupidity in my entire life until i came to niner talk.

what, you don't want to trade the best offensive player this franchise has had in the last decade who's currently in his prime???
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I read somewhere that his injury isn't gonna require surgery, so I'd say no he isn't. With that said, I'm not really sold on Dixon either, dances around like Barlow.

Cut the rookie some slack.

The o-line blocking was horrendous this year. I would say the worst o-line play since the 2004 season.

True, O-line was an issue, but watch him when he hits the hole, too much dancing. That's where my comparison with Barlow was, only Dix loves contact.
Gore is far from done. That being said the 30 year old RB wall is fast approaching, history is against Gore on this front. I love the guy, he has become one of my all time favorite Niners. The thing is, he runs hard and he gets furious when he comes out of games in order to be "spelled". All reports are that it is his choices and campaigning as to why he doesn't get spelled more. He is old school. Now granted a good coach does things for a players own good, even when the player disagrees.

However Gore is a rhythm back, he is at his best when he is getting consistent touches and gets a feel and flow for the game. I honestly don't think he would be as effective as he is if he is spelled more. He is not like a home run back (Reggie Bush, Chris Johnson ect ect) where one touch is all it takes for him to go the distance. Gore needs to grind it.

So its a tough call how to use him from here on out. Do you lighten his load and his effectiveness? Or do you wear him out early? As cold as it sounds I say use him for the next two years as much as you can. Feature, bell cow him, run the hell out of him. Then when he hits his wall at 30, 31. Say we love you Frank, you'll always mean the world to us, better luck somewhere else.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I read somewhere that his injury isn't gonna require surgery, so I'd say no he isn't. With that said, I'm not really sold on Dixon either, dances around like Barlow.

He (Dixon) has been hitting the hole better in the last couple of games. His new problem is he stops his feet after contact. He needs a lesson from Roger Craig on pumping those feet even in the pile.

[ Edited by Nuns on Dec 27, 2010 at 12:51:15 ]
Draft noel devine in the 3rd.....

• rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
If possible, package Gore with our first round and maybe another pick and move up to get Andrew Luck!

the panthers have williams and stewart already and even if they didnt have a rb they still wouldn't trade luck.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bkbkeahi:
Draft noel devine in the 3rd.....

4th is the earliest I'd go, but yeah, that's the speed guy.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by thedude:

what, you don't want to trade the best offensive player this franchise has had in the last decade who's currently in his prime???

How many games did he play for us? 2 seasons in a row he's been out with injuries. Not to mention already having 2 major surgeries in college. Getting up there in age, and wear and tear is taking its effects. I think Gore still has some left in the tank, but his injuries may be becoming a concern. Especially this last injury. Whos to say he's going to be back 100%? I think it's only smart to at least address this issue. It's not stupid in the least.
Nah, he's got quite a bit left. The key is to develop Dixon or another RB to compliment him more...something along the lines of how the Giants use Bradshaw and Jacobs. He can't continue to be everybody's everything...strong as he is, he'll wear down even more. Just another reason we need a head coach who understands 21st century offenses...

TRADE FRANK GORE 4 FIRST OVERALL PICK. THEN TRADE ALEX SMITH 4 CHAMP BAYLEY N ELVIS DUMBERVILLE. YOUR A IDIOT!!!
Share 49ersWebzone