LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn's on Singletary firing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I agree with most of his points, but he is a crappy writer. Do you guys have any good sportswriters left out there?
  • mod
  • Veteran
I still think Cohns a s**t head
"Most of us live small, dedicated lives. We guide ourselves by values of humility and modesty, and Singletary burst upon the scene with a voice too loud and unsupportable bragging. He had no humility, not for a moment."

Really? Mr. Cohn does not speak with humility nor do most people, who tend to pride themselves on their ability to know everything and criticize everyone when in reality they know nothing.

I bet Cohn is biting at his bit to criticize and tear down another individual with the absolute delight he seems to take in it. He seems like a very sad man.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
"Most of us live small, dedicated lives. We guide ourselves by values of humility and modesty, and Singletary burst upon the scene with a voice too loud and unsupportable bragging. He had no humility, not for a moment."

Really? Mr. Cohn does not speak with humility nor do most people, who tend to pride themselves on their ability to know everything and criticize everyone when in reality they know nothing.

I bet Cohn is biting at his bit to criticize and tear down another individual with the absolute delight he seems to take in it. He seems like a very sad man.

this this this
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Worthless article. Dude should be writing for National Inquirer.

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

this this this

More of this.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Dude is way over the top and overdramatic.

Singletary sucked because he was not qualified to be a head coach. It's really that simple.

It's obvious that Lowell Cohn has a personal vendetta against Mike Singletary because Singletary didn't coddle the media.
Should Jed stay out of the coaching interviews as Cohn suggested? I remember his dad let Terry Donahue run the interviews and the franchise took a dramatic turn when Dennis Erickson was chosen. Then daddy York got involved and hired Mike Nolan. These are two paths I hope we don't go down again. It's been a painful 8 years!

[ Edited by contrarios on Dec 27, 2010 at 08:23:13 ]
Originally posted by vaden:
Fantastic. I love Jed firing him before the last game. It may be more of an insult than if he'd fired him halfway through the season. When's the last time a HC was fired just before the last game of the season?

I believe if we fired him at the halfway point, somebody, anybody, could have done better, and we would be in the playoffs next week. Singltary, showed me the worst coaching I ever saw, and he was the signal caller of the "vaunted" 85 Bears defense. I expected more from him.
Jed, stay out of the head coach interviews. You do not have the knowledge to lend good counsel. Let the GM and his minions — hopefully he’ll have minion

Originally posted by contrarios:
Should Jed stay out of the coaching interviews as Cohn suggested? I remember his dad let Terry Donahue run the interviews and the franchise took a dramatic turn when Dennis Erickson was chosen. Then daddy York got involved and hired Mike Nolan. These are two paths I hope we don't go down again. It's been a painful 8 years!

Hopefully Jed and his uncle Eddie pick the new GM. Then its his job from here on.
Not bad at all...below's a link to an article ESPN's Mike Sando wrote, which I think is excellent, take a look:

http://espn.go.com/blog/NFCWest/post/_/id/30138/singletary-out-reflections-and-projections
Originally posted by crzy:
Dude is way over the top and overdramatic.

Singletary sucked because he was not qualified to be a head coach. It's really that simple.

It's obvious that Lowell Cohn has a personal vendetta against Mike Singletary because Singletary didn't coddle the media.

this
Have to agree with Lowell Cohn on his take on the 49ers. We've basically had TWO EGO maniacs at the helm, with Nolan and Singletary. What we need is an actual GM and then let (him) get us a Coach who knows how to Coach! Someone who might actually understand 49er football, and yes, the West Coast Offense! And please give up on the 3-4 it hasn't dome much good for the 49ers. They were better when they were a 4-3 on defense.
Spot on article . A little too preachy at the end.
Share 49ersWebzone