LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn's on Singletary firing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
This is a great article by Cohn on singletary's firing. http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20101226/NEWS/101229636?p=all&tc=pgall
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Fantastic. I love Jed firing him before the last game. It may be more of an insult than if he'd fired him halfway through the season. When's the last time a HC was fired just before the last game of the season?
Agree with everything
He's right about most of that, but I still gotta do it:

Cohn's pretty damn arrogant, himself. With that said, I agree with all of it.
That was a lot more eloquent than the 83 made-up curse words that I yelled at my TV today, but conveyed the same point.

And he's right about Jed. I like him and hope he's learned from this, but Cohn is absolutely right.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Jed is getting a pass for being a York which is ironic in a sense, since his first big move was to hire Singletary. How will Jed York be held accountable? That is what scares me about the future of this organization.
i agree with Cohn. Great read.

I miss the days of Cohn and Ira Miller writing at the Chronicle---but now we get stuff online--so it's all good.
I always enjoy Cohn's articles. He gets a lot of flack but more often than not he ends up being right. Even if he isn't, he always provides a unique opinion and a different way of looking at things. Another good one, although I did feel he went over the top with the "arrogance." I never felt Singeltary was "arrogant", more like ignorant. Ignorant as to what it would take to be a HC and ignorant as to how to be a good HC.
Yup he's 100% right as Cohn often is.

Great read and dead on ball's accurate (...it's an industry term). Can't wait for the next move in Jed's redemption attempt.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Great read and dead on ball's accurate (...it's an industry term). Can't wait for the next move in Jed's redemption attempt.

Firing the last guy is much easier than getting the right new guy.

The Yorks should be held in contempt.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Firing the last guy is much easier than getting the right new guy.

Agreed. Let's see how good Jed is at making sound decisions the second time around.......
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Wow, that was pretty harsh, but then again the truth hurts.
Share 49ersWebzone