- 49ers wouldn't have a pass-rush despite delivering sacks last season. Sacks and pressure are two different things. The 49ers don't get pressure on every down.
- Manny Lawson is still a marginally average player who doesn't have the speed to chase down opposing QBs. Today was a perfect example when a rook QB roles out despite being chased and throws a strike for a TD.
- 49ers shouldn't have started two rookies on the OL. I said this emphatically that starting Davis at RT was a huge mistake. We should have asked Staley to play RT and have Sims play LT. I've said this all season despite catching a lot of flack here. However, Staley seems to be quite fragile and has solidified the "average" status to me. We should have benched Chilo Rachal.
- Ted Ginn would have an offensive/ST impact. Ginn was okay on ST, but for the most part, he's been really bad.
- Alex Smith
- Mike Solari having a better influence over Mike Singletary about who should be on the OL. It was clear Snyder was beating out Rachal in camp. Davis wasn't ready but still forced to play.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Dec 26, 2010 at 18:07:19 ]