There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Were You Right About/Wrong About This Season?

Right About:

- 49ers wouldn't have a pass-rush despite delivering sacks last season. Sacks and pressure are two different things. The 49ers don't get pressure on every down.

- Manny Lawson is still a marginally average player who doesn't have the speed to chase down opposing QBs. Today was a perfect example when a rook QB roles out despite being chased and throws a strike for a TD.

- 49ers shouldn't have started two rookies on the OL. I said this emphatically that starting Davis at RT was a huge mistake. We should have asked Staley to play RT and have Sims play LT. I've said this all season despite catching a lot of flack here. However, Staley seems to be quite fragile and has solidified the "average" status to me. We should have benched Chilo Rachal.

Wrong About

- Ted Ginn would have an offensive/ST impact. Ginn was okay on ST, but for the most part, he's been really bad.

- Alex Smith

- Mike Solari having a better influence over Mike Singletary about who should be on the OL. It was clear Snyder was beating out Rachal in camp. Davis wasn't ready but still forced to play.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Dec 26, 2010 at 18:07:19 ]
We would be good.....

WRONG
I think I guessed 7-9 for a season finish. I was way off. I'll have to go back and check.

I did not drink the full cup of koolaid before the season started -- though I will admit to having a sip or two during preseason.
That we were the best team in the West and that we would make the playoffs.
That we'd be undefeated and win the superbowl
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Right About:

- 49ers wouldn't have a pass-rush despite delivering sacks last season. Sacks and pressure are two different things. The 49ers don't get pressure on every down.

- Manny Lawson is still a marginally average player who doesn't have the speed to chase down opposing QBs. Today was a perfect example when a rook QB roles out despite being chased and throws a strike for a TD.

- 49ers shouldn't have started two rookies on the OL. I said this emphatically that starting Davis at RT was a huge mistake. We should have asked Staley to play RT and have Sims play LT. I've said this all season despite catching a lot of flack here. However, Staley seems to be quite fragile and has solidified the "average" status to me. We should have benched Chilo Rachal.

Wrong About

- Ted Ginn would have an offensive/ST impact. Ginn was okay on ST, but for the most part, he's been really bad.

- Alex Smith

- Mike Solari having a better influence over Mike Singletary about who should be on the OL. It was clear Snyder was beating out Rachal in camp. Davis wasn't ready but still forced to play.

Along with your bolded comments...

Right :
-Alex is not the answer.

-Jimmy Raye would not get the job done.

-Clements would have another terrible year.

-David Carr would not be an acceptable back-up.

Wrong:
-I thought we'd make the playoffs.

-I thought Singeltary would take strides as a HC.

-I thought the O-line would be much improved thanks to Mike Solari. I also thought Rachal would get benched if he wasn't playing well.

-I thought Goldson would have a break-out year.

-I also thought Ahmad Brooks would become a consistent pass-rushing threat.
Originally posted by jreff22:
We would be good.....

WRONG
Right

No Playoffs
Offense would suck because you can base an offense around a dive play
No Pass Rush
Sing would get fired
Goldston would suck
Rachel would be the worst G in the league (my opinion and he lived up to it)
Wrong
Alex would have a good year
Willis would be DPOTY god he sucked this year
Mays would be an impact player
Franklin would be ok even after sitting out of camp.
Ginn would be a decent WR
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We would be good.....

WRONG
IMO, Franklin had a good year. IDK how you can say he didn't. No one can run on us.
right about:
Singletary sucking but wrong at the same time because I never thought it would be THIS BAD
Alex Smith not being our guy at QB
DB severely needing an upgrade (why I want a vet QB like Kolb, McNabb and a 1st round CB)

wrong about:
the playmakers being able to overcome dumb coaching and s**t QB play-I thought Gore/Westbrooke/VD/Crabs would make enough plays for us to get 9 wins in this s**t division

A.Franklin-I thought he would be fine w/o TC but he sucked the 1st 4 or 5 games of the year and that hurt us

D.Goldston-I really thought he was poised for a big year-he's had 1 big game.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Right

No Playoffs
Offense would suck because you can base an offense around a dive play
No Pass Rush
Sing would get fired
Goldston would suck
Rachel would be the worst G in the league (my opinion and he lived up to it)
Wrong
Alex would have a good year
Willis would be DPOTY god he sucked this year
Mays would be an impact player
Franklin would be ok even after sitting out of camp.
Ginn would be a decent WR

ummm... if you consider this season a bad one for Willis then i'm fine with that 128 tackles, 6sacks (Career high), and 2 ff. that is a better season than many LB's ever have
Right - Thought Andy Lee would have a good season.

Wrong - Just about everything else.
Right:

-Alex is not a starting caliber QB
-Raye is a dinosaur (all of WZ agreed with this though)
-Goldson was all hype
-Unloading Hill was a terrible idea

Wrong:

-SF would somehow win the west
-SF would make the jump from bottom feeder to regular playoff team
-Defense would jump into the elite category
-Harelson OR Brooks would get double digit sacks
-Sing would realize a run up the A gap is not a good play call on 3rd and 9
Originally posted by niner4life21:
That we were the best team in the West and that we would make the playoffs.