LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Why Starting Troy Makes the Most Sense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cuz Alex sucks.

[/thread]
All this shuffling the deck with quarterbacks has got to screw up our young and already inexperienced OC's game planning He says he has to "plan the same game and have it fit for either guy," and that just throws everything off, both these guys can lose, and both are different QB's, hopefully Troy makes some plays. I just hate what our team has become having to shuffle all the time no continuity. I really dislike Alex as a Niner and ive never wanted him here from the draft until now and everywhere between. But for some reason i felt a little more at ease with him against the rams. Because we all started seeing just how teams could stop troy firmly. But ill root for the TEAM, and i hope Troy does fantastic and Alex walks away from the niners, having lost his job to a guy coming into his own. After the Tampa game i just saw that Troy started to look a little lost, even with the win against the cards he made a great throw to crabtree and we just walked over them with westbrook. He does have that deep threat though and hopefully we use it. Go 9ers
Shuffling back & forth between QBs makes sense when you consider Mike Singletary is the 49ers head coach. "Our formula is this...blah blah blah"
Troy has more downfield vision. Alex generally keeps his throws within 20 yards of where he stands. I believe Alex has been conditioned/damaged by years of Nolan/Singletary. Neither coach has a history of working with quarterbacks. Troy looks beyond 20 yards and has not been under the yoke of Singletary as long.
must be affirmative action
It doesn't make any sense!!!!! You say he lit them up yet the game went to overtime. Alex is the better Qb and gives us the best chance to win. We can still make the playoffs and I would like to see that happen even with a crappy record.
Originally posted by ace8016:
It doesn't make any sense!!!!! You say he lit them up yet the game went to overtime. Alex is the better Qb and gives us the best chance to win. We can still make the playoffs and I would like to see that happen even with a crappy record.

Alex gives us the best chance to lose, which I'm sure many 49er fans would not mind right now.

Umm. He DID light them up. 356 yards. The reason the game was so close was b/c of the countless penalties that negated TDs by Smith. Troy threw 4 freaking TDs, only to have 3 of them negated by holdings or delay of games. He definitely played great that game.
Troy Smith will win on Sunday.
Ace,
Troy vs. Rams - 17-28 for 356yds, 1td, no INT's with longest pass for 65yds.

Alex 2010 - 2wins - 7 losses, 58% rating on turf, coming off another terrible game when it mattered.

I think we have to go with the guy that beat the Rams by playing near error free fb. Alex had a real tough game vs. the Chargers and his confidence may be in question. Mine would if I had to get rid of the ball in 2 secs and my OC wouldn't change my drop or move the pocket.

In this big game, we're gonna need some big plays. Alex really doesn't bring that to the table. He's a game manager, and the Rams have a pretty strong defense. We're gonna need someone to put the ball in the air on 3rd and 9 and give his recievers a shot to make a play.

Its funny how people say that our recievers never make a play on the ball, making the QB ( Alex ), look bad. But when Troy plays, people criticize him for 'throwing it up' too much and that the recievers bail him out on his hail marys. I think the problem here is that Alex doesn't really give em a chance to make a play.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
must be affirmative action

LMFAO!!! Alex gives us the best chance to win??? Riddle me this Batman.....when was the last significant WIN Alex got us on the ROAD???
Troy is much more dynamic. Alex is a sitting duck who couldn't improvise if his life depended on it.
This thread is original.
Share 49ersWebzone