LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Will Tukuafu called up from PS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Will Tukuafu gets the call from the 49ers

We're Saved!!!

No but seriously, I remember him having a good showing in PS. He got some decent pressure, and if I'm not mistaken, he recorded a sack or two.

The kid has a ton of potential. In a lost season, I think this is a good move. Get the kid some PT in a real NFL game environment.

I'm excited to see what he can do if he actually gets some snaps!
[ Edited by zozell on Dec 23, 2010 at 7:59 AM ]
Yeah, he got a sack on his very first play, IIRC. That's more than the whole time Balmer was here. I think Tukuafu is a hidden gem and he'll be a good pass rusher that decent in stopping the run, too. I hope he gets a bigger role these last couple of games and next season as well.
Yea man, though I think Balmer still has the opportunity to do well in this league... I don't think the situation here was right for him. He wasn't given enough shots, and he didn't do anything with the shots he was given. He just wasn't suited for the 3-4.

I like what Will T brings to the table. Hopefully he shows enough flashes during this period he has been activated to get a shot and making the roster next year!
[ Edited by zozell on Dec 23, 2010 at 8:06 AM ]
who
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
who

He was an undrafted rookie that we picked up late in the off-season. Seemed to play well in his PS Snaps. Could be a good Pass Rusher.
**fixed**
[ Edited by zozell on Dec 23, 2010 at 8:10 AM ]

*fixed*
Originally posted by zozell:
Yea man, though I think Balmer still has the opportunity to do well in this league... I don't think the situation here was right for him. He wasn't given enough shots, and he didn't do anything with the shots he was given. He just wasn't suited for the 3-4.

Well, he isn't suited for Carroll's 4-3 either. He's started the last seven games for Seattle and still hasn't registered a sack.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by zozell:

Well, he isn't suited for Carroll's 4-3 either. He's started the last seven games for Seattle and still hasn't registered a sack.

Yea I haven't really heard his name much over there... but I do recall hearing (maybe someone in a thread) that he was getting more playing time and is playing well... He's not our problem anymore though... f**k'em

I'm interested in seeing if Will T gets some extensive PT
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He was a really good college player. Maybe, that'll translate well into the pros.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I have to agree, Tukuafu is a good pick up. I like his motor and hes pretty quick for a big guy off the edge. I think next year we should move Sopoaga inside to NT, draft a NT and let Ray Mac and Tukuafu man the LE. That's of course if we stick with the 3-4.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I have to agree, Tukuafu is a good pick up. I like his motor and hes pretty quick for a big guy off the edge. I think next year we should move Sopoaga inside to NT, draft a NT and let Ray Mac and Tukuafu man the LE. That's of course if we stick with the 3-4.

I don't have the energy for any more Sopoaga threads. Do you honestly think he is an NFL NT?
Cool, I met Will and took some photos of him for ConcertsCaptured when he came over to London, he's a nice bloke, I hope he does well.

Dan
Oh joy
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I don't have the energy for any more Sopoaga threads. Do you honestly think he is an NFL NT?

Yes, in 2006 he was doing a decent job there, but he wasn't given enough time to settle in at one spot on the DL either till Sing took over. And I'm not even calling for Sopoaga to be the starter, more as a rotational player at the nose.
Share 49ersWebzone