LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

Troy Smith named starter vs. Rams

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Troy LACK of knowledge of this bulls**t pee wee football playbook is his ADVANTAGE!

Just snap the ball count to 3 roll right and look for an open receiver, and we will be way better of than running this crap passing game we have!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Pathetic. This off season can't come fast enough.

i agree
  • obx49
  • Veteran
For those who didn't want us to make the playoffs, well, you just got your wish. I'm no Alex Smith fan by any means, but he gave us the chance to win and make it to the playoffs.
This is absolutely hilarious. We are the laughing stock of the NFL. I just don't understand Sing's logic.

Alex came back because he "knew the entire playbook." He comes back..does pretty well...then was ineffective against San Diego (which was, by all accounts, expected). I don't think Troy would have had a better game. Maybe more shots down field, but whether you lose by 24 or 4...we still lose.

Now we are entering, arguably the MOST important game in the last 8 years...and we go...BACK to Troy Smith..who Sing originally benched because: "We need to beat Seattle ('most important game' at that time) and Troy doesn't know the play book..." and.."It's just not fair to Troy..etc."

Look, I have nothing against Troy Smith. I fully supported benching Alex and starting Troy earlier on. But in this case...I think this is kind of a hypocritical d1ckhead move. I don't think Alex did anything to necessarily DESERVE to be benched. Against PHI...yes..absolutely. Against ATL...yes. But why now? Obviously it isn't because "Troy gives us the best chance" because he would have said that.

Again...this has nothing to do with Alex or Troy or David or Nate. This situation as a whole...is just ridiculous and laughable.

Anyway...go Troy....go 49ers. Good luck and god speed. You'll need it with Sing as your Coach.

Cosigned. Sing's gone full retard, and you never go full retard.
Originally posted by jreff22:
He goes back to Alex at half time
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Snake, what is the date on that clip?

This was when Raye was just fired and MJ promoted. So late Sept/early Oct
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well i dont mind either way.

Troy just has to stay in the pocket a little more, because the Rams have played good at home, and they have tape on him now, so teams know that if you stop the play action and ask him to beat you with his pocket ability, and accuracy that it wont happen.

So honestly if Troy worked on getting his pocket passing I dont see a problem with it.

I'm really happy that Troy is starting. What I'm not happy about is the fact that they went back to Alex in the first place. Troy should have been given the rest of the season once he was named staarter back in Oct. This flip-flopping is utter BS and it really messes with chemistry. I can't believe this team operates in such a manner... what a minute, I actually can believe it.

Troy deserves to start because he gives us the best chance to win (see: can throw more than 5 yards downfield).
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by dmax:
OMG..YOU GOTTA BE FN KIDDIN ME...ALEX LEAVE HERE AND BECOME GREAT...THE HECK WITH THIS CRAPPY ORGANIZATION

Yeah........right.
This is absolutely hilarious. We are the laughing stock of the NFL. I just don't understand Sing's logic.

Alex came back because he "knew the entire playbook." He comes back..does pretty well...then was ineffective against San Diego (which was, by all accounts, expected). I don't think Troy would have had a better game. Maybe more shots down field, but whether you lose by 24 or 4...we still lose.

Now we are entering, arguably the MOST important game in the last 8 years...and we go...BACK to Troy Smith..who Sing originally benched because: "We need to beat Seattle ('most important game' at that time) and Troy doesn't know the play book..." and.."It's just not fair to Troy..etc."

Look, I have nothing against Troy Smith. I fully supported benching Alex and starting Troy earlier on. But in this case...I think this is kind of a hypocritical d1ckhead move. I don't think Alex did anything to necessarily DESERVE to be benched. Against PHI...yes..absolutely. Against ATL...yes. But why now? Obviously it isn't because "Troy gives us the best chance" because he would have said that.

Again...this has nothing to do with Alex or Troy or David or Nate. This situation as a whole...is just ridiculous and laughable.

Anyway...go Troy....go 49ers. Good luck and god speed. You'll need it with Sing as your Coach.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Cosigned. Sing's gone full retard, and you never go full retard.

i've given up trying to figure this mess out at least for this season
Originally posted by obx49:
For those who didn't want us to make the playoffs, well, you just got your wish. I'm no Alex Smith fan by any means, but he gave us the chance to win and make it to the playoffs.

Alex is 2 and 7... Troy 3 and 2... Troy gives us a better chance to win period!
At least the Alex Smith Era is finally coming to an end...oh what will his boy toys do now?
No surprise here.

The writing was clearly on the wall when Sing said Troy would be getting some more reps.

Oh and the look on Vernon Davis' face when asked yesterday about the QB situation was CLASSIC!!!
LMAO!! VD sure in the hell loves Alex!!

Hopefully Troy can secure a backup spot for 2011 these next couple games!

Bye bye Alex Smith U FREAKIN BUST!!!!!!

And if u don't like them apples Vernon, too damn bad!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DesiDez:
At least the Alex Smith Era is finally coming to an end...oh what will his boy toys do now?

watch films of his career highlights.

Its gonna be a short film.....................
Share 49ersWebzone