There are 331 users in the forums

PLAYOFFS=Fools gold

Shop Find 49ers gear online
gnr
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jrg:
NinerTalk

All this "I think long term" bulls**t is annoying. If you want the 49ers to lose then GTFO. Plain and simple.

All you dudes rooting for top draft picks and s**t..you kidding me? When did top draft picks = success? Look at the Patriots. They just draft correctly. They make good moves. That what we need. Who is going to want to come to the 49ers if we're constantly picking in the top 10 of the NFL Draft? Huh? Nobody. Plus...remember the last time we had an AWESOME draft spot? #1? Alex Smith? Ring a bell? Get a clue people. Top draft picks, coaches leaving, all the garbage some of you like to cling to is pathetic. You root for your team to win. Every week. Regardless of the circumstances.

/rant.

Honestly I kind of want to see us make it, but at 7-9 we are likely to get thrashed and embarrassed and making it at 7-9 would be a little embarrassing. But I want us to win. For the most part anyway. But I'm cool with getting a good draft pick too. Not to mention that in the 20s there will be good prospects available still. Specifically pass rushers. So we'll see.

NOT making the playoffs when the division winner finishes 7-9 is embarrassing

That's actually true. I dunno, we'll see what happens. I'm fine either way, making it or not making it. At this point it doesn't really matter to me.
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by jrg:
NinerTalk

All this "I think long term" bulls**t is annoying. If you want the 49ers to lose then GTFO. Plain and simple.

All you dudes rooting for top draft picks and s**t..you kidding me? When did top draft picks = success? Look at the Patriots. They just draft correctly. They make good moves. That what we need. Who is going to want to come to the 49ers if we're constantly picking in the top 10 of the NFL Draft? Huh? Nobody. Plus...remember the last time we had an AWESOME draft spot? #1? Alex Smith? Ring a bell? Get a clue people. Top draft picks, coaches leaving, all the garbage some of you like to cling to is pathetic. You root for your team to win. Every week. Regardless of the circumstances.

/rant.

Honestly I kind of want to see us make it, but at 7-9 we are likely to get thrashed and embarrassed and making it at 7-9 would be a little embarrassing. But I want us to win. For the most part anyway. But I'm cool with getting a good draft pick too. Not to mention that in the 20s there will be good prospects available still. Specifically pass rushers. So we'll see.

NOT making the playoffs when the division winner finishes 7-9 is embarrassing

That's actually true. I dunno, we'll see what happens. I'm fine either way, making it or not making it. At this point it doesn't really matter to me.

I know what you mean. I hoping for a win and will be highly upset if we lose to the Rams but once the playoffs start, I'll get over it like I have every other year and get my mind set for the draft We MUST beat STL
wow what a bold statement, only retards think making the playoffs means we're good.
MY BAD!!!!!!
  • ZRF80
Actually, if we win out........we would more likely than not face the Giants in the Wildcard at Candlestick. Their defense would be impossible to beat, but Eli has more INTs than Brett Favre, which gives us a shot.

Imagine that..........the Niners make the divisional playoffs..........
This aint phresh
Well not making the playoffs and getting a top 15 pick hasn't worked too well for us so maybe picking later and making the playoffs will do us some good
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Well not making the playoffs and getting a top 15 pick hasn't worked too well for us so maybe picking later and making the playoffs will do us some good

I like your logic! Let's do it.
Originally posted by valrod33:
This aint phresh

Kinda like fysical with an eff.

Originally posted by phresh:
The 49ers going to the playoffs is fools gold

A bad team in the playoffs does not make that team good it shows a flaw in our playoff system.

Here's what's on the table:

1. Have a bad enough record to get a top 5 pick

or

2. win out make the "playoffs" get DISMANTLED by the Saints, Here a collective I told you so from the world and pick 21st over all... ohhh and Fire our head coach all while returning to our old decrepit stadium because no one thinks where good enough or worth building a new stadium for!

I choose to Win out and to trade up, get a new GM, coach and do whatever it takes to get us back to the glory days.

Actually going to the playoffs does make a team better by giving them confidence. Well-documented that winning breeds more winning.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

A bad team in the playoffs does not make that team good it shows a flaw in our playoff system.

or

2. win out make the "playoffs" get DISMANTLED by the Saints, Here a collective I told you so from the world and pick 21st over all... ohhh and Fire our head coach all while returning to our old decrepit stadium because no one thinks where good enough or worth building a new stadium for!

I choose to Win out and to trade up, get a new GM, coach and do whatever it takes to get us back to the glory days.

Actually going to the playoffs does make a team better by giving them confidence. Well-documented that winning breeds more winning.

No coach in the NFL can boost more players confidence then the motivational speaker Mike Singletary! he had the team believing they were Superbowl contenders from day one! but Passion with out Knowledge is like Faith without works ,DEAD!

or

No coach in the NFL can boost more players confidence then the motivational speaker Mike Singletary! he had the team believing they were Superbowl contenders from day one! but Passion with out Knowledge is like Faith without works ,DEAD!

As proof of this (apologies I posted in another thread as well)

Motivational quote about QB situation from today - Mike Singletary:

Quote:
"The only real advantage that we could have is to go there and play well," he said. "All that other stuff is cat and mouse stuff." So why not announce the starter? "Because it's something that I don't really want to announce right now."
[ Edited by dtcomposer on Dec 21, 2010 at 11:01 AM ]
Originally posted by dtcomposer:

or

Quote:
"The only real advantage that we could have is to go there and play well," he said. "All that other stuff is cat and mouse stuff." So why not announce the starter? "Because it's something that I don't really want to announce right now."

You ever notice that Sing never truly answers questions, WHY?..... Because he doesn't have any answers at all!
Originally posted by dtcomposer:

or

Quote:

You ever notice that Sing never truly answers questions, WHY?..... Because he doesn't have any answers at all!

He needs to look at the film.
Share 49ersWebzone