LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 356 users in the forums

PLAYOFFS=Fools gold

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The 49ers going to the playoffs is fools gold

A bad team in the playoffs does not make that team good it shows a flaw in our playoff system.

Here's what's on the table:

1. Have a bad enough record to get a top 5 pick

or

2. win out make the "playoffs" get DISMANTLED by the Saints, Here a collective I told you so from the world and pick 21st over all... ohhh and Fire our head coach all while returning to our old decrepit stadium because no one thinks where good enough or worth building a new stadium for!

I choose to Win out and to trade up, get a new GM, coach and do whatever it takes to get us back to the glory days.
finally something new posted in niner talk

This really needed its own thread.
MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like how the original poster used ph in his username instead of f, indicating a different point of view on topics such as this.

I will continue to follow his threads, as they are of content that I don't normally read on this forum.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
NinerTalk

All this "I think long term" bulls**t is annoying. If you want the 49ers to lose then GTFO. Plain and simple.

All you dudes rooting for top draft picks and s**t..you kidding me? When did top draft picks = success? Look at the Patriots. They just draft correctly. They make good moves. That what we need. Who is going to want to come to the 49ers if we're constantly picking in the top 10 of the NFL Draft? Huh? Nobody. Plus...remember the last time we had an AWESOME draft spot? #1? Alex Smith? Ring a bell? Get a clue people. Top draft picks, coaches leaving, all the garbage some of you like to cling to is pathetic. You root for your team to win. Every week. Regardless of the circumstances.

/rant.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
[ Edited by boast on Dec 20, 2010 at 11:42 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
NinerTalk

All this "I think long term" bulls**t is annoying. If you want the 49ers to lose then GTFO. Plain and simple.

All you dudes rooting for top draft picks and s**t..you kidding me? When did top draft picks = success? Look at the Patriots. They just draft correctly. They make good moves. That what we need. Who is going to want to come to the 49ers if we're constantly picking in the top 10 of the NFL Draft? Huh? Nobody. Plus...remember the last time we had an AWESOME draft spot? #1? Alex Smith? Ring a bell? Get a clue people. Top draft picks, coaches leaving, all the garbage some of you like to cling to is pathetic. You root for your team to win. Every week. Regardless of the circumstances.

/rant.

Honestly I kind of want to see us make it, but at 7-9 we are likely to get thrashed and embarrassed and making it at 7-9 would be a little embarrassing. But I want us to win. For the most part anyway. But I'm cool with getting a good draft pick too. Not to mention that in the 20s there will be good prospects available still. Specifically pass rushers. So we'll see.

well no s**t sherlock. This team obviously isn't good and no one sees making the Playoffs as a sign of progress.
I guess I'll man up and admit my true feelings :(

Prior to losing to the chargers, I was pumped again for a win and getting into the playoffs. But after the loss to the chargers, a slightly above average NFL team, I am back to just wanting a good draft pick.

This season was an epic failure...the worst since 2004 when we got the #1 pick and chose our destiny with Alex Smith. On a side note, I personally think we could have drafted Peyton Manning and f**ked it up, our coaching has been as big of an issue as our OL and QB play.

We need to draft a true CB, our secondary is a pure joke, and we need to make some great COACHING hires!

Our WR's cant get open, and its not because they are not talented enough...Crabs and Morgan are good WR's... they just aren't coached correctly!

Our OL has gotten better through the year, but its still a work in progress.

This season was over long ago and its a HUGE LETDOWN because we had the talent to be a playoff team, but whatever happened WITHIN the team and organization screwed up the 2009 season

What a letdown for us fans... this season was supposed to be different than years prior.

STL deserves to win the west... Bradford looks like a franchise QB
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
This really needed its own thread.

n00bs these days
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by jrg:
NinerTalk

/rant.

Honestly I kind of want to see us make it, but at 7-9 we are likely to get thrashed and embarrassed and making it at 7-9 would be a little embarrassing. But I want us to win. For the most part anyway. But I'm cool with getting a good draft pick too. Not to mention that in the 20s there will be good prospects available still. Specifically pass rushers. So we'll see.

NOT making the playoffs when the division winner finishes 7-9 is embarrassing
Yeah it is. But this team has been spinning it's wheels for almost a decade. They can't get much together.
Share 49ersWebzone