LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Who will Singletary announce as the starting QB for the showdown at St. Louis?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will Singletary announce as the starting QB for the showdown at St. Louis?

Originally posted by mayo49:
After saying that Alex gives them the best chance to win, he'd look like a moron if he named Troy the starter.

he already is a moron
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by mayo49:
After saying that Alex gives them the best chance to win, he'd look like a moron if he named Troy the starter.

he already is a moron

lol

-9fA
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Okay guys,

I can't wait for Singletary to be fired this off season. I'm in no way a Singletary supporter, but what he's doing now, I would do the same exact thing.

Some of you guys hate him so much, that you criticize every single thing he does or say. For the most part, he says absolutely abusrd things and makes the dumbest decisions. But when you have a chance to confuse your upcoming opponet, even if its just a little, then why not do it?

I'm just saying, I'd do the same thing too

I doubt the Rams are consfused. Either QB can run the run, run, pass, punt offense.
Originally posted by susweel:
Hopefully Alex Smith because he gives us the best chance to lose.

but Troy Smith isn't much better. 6 one way and a half dozen the other.
Maybe Singletary will decide that having a QB is not old school enough, so he will just have an extra RB out there.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
This QB carousel is stupid. We lost to an excellent team. Troy would have lost too. And like Maiocco said...Alex wasn't at the top of the list of "reasons we lost." I'm not defending Alex but this whole "we have to look at the film to determine who starts" is just getting old.

Just stick to your guns and make the BEST game plan and we will win. We've shown that REGARDLESS of who plays QB..when we call the right plays and plan...we do well. The Seattle game was the best planned game all season...and granted it's Seattle...we dominated.

Go big or go home. Sing committed to Alex from the beginning. Seattle was the "must win" game and we won. San Diego wasn't. Stop the carousel. All it does is fvck up our preparation.

QFT

again 2-7 when Alex starts for us this year....this whole thing of calling the right plays and we'll win BS is not true, it goes beyond that.

also about this part

"This QB carousel is stupid. We lost to an excellent team. Troy would have lost too."

well I guess the Packers was not a tough team, and Alex would've won that game right?

Tampa game, we tried to run run run run on a team that was ranked 30th in run defense....when it wasn't working in the second half, we still stuck with it. Beating the Packers in Green Bay is always tough, but Troy should've connected on some passes in that game....but he also did connect on some nice passes on that game...but not enough to win the game.....but he shouldn't have been benched because of those two games....not certainly for a QB that was 1-6 at the time.

Exactly. Yet so many still back Alex after all these years with all the excuses.
Originally posted by SFGem:
troy is gonna start!!

deal with it all you alex lovers.

troy already beat the rams. sing would be a fool not to play troy this game. this is the second time alex lost his starting job this year.

But... But.... But.... Alex's jock was on backwards during the first 5 games! He only figured out how to put it on right the last couple!!!!

Just add that to another Alexcuse.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Originally posted by SFGem:
troy is gonna start!!

deal with it all you alex lovers.

troy already beat the rams. sing would be a fool not to play troy this game. this is the second time alex lost his starting job this year.

But... But.... But.... Alex's jock was on backwards during the first 5 games! He only figured out how to put it on right the last couple!!!!

Just add that to another Alexcuse.

And he forgot his jock in San Francisco during the Chargers game.
Hope is Troy in a short period of time has shown more than Alex in his career.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Maybe Singletary will decide that having a QB is not old school enough, so he will just have an extra RB out there.

Now we're talking fysical.

• tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

it's called strategy

Finally, a stupid strategy but at least he came up with one...
Originally posted by tn9er:

it's called strategy

Yeah, he has only gotten through the first chapter of his book.

These things take time.

• tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by tn9er:

it's called strategy

Yeah, he has only gotten through the first chapter of his book.

These things take time.

You went and added a second page, didn't you...
He will probably name the starter Thursday once the Rams have already had their game plan installed. Unfortunately, it is so easy to adjust to us, they will make a 1-minute phone call once Singletary makes the announcement and they (Rams) will be ready.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 21, 2010 at 9:56 PM ]
Singletary is an idiot! The Rams are gonna prepare for Alex because they can easily adjust to Troy if it happens to be him since he is not familiar with alot of the playbook. Two maybe three more games of this BS hopefully.
Share 49ersWebzone