There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

marty mornhinweg for coach and trade for kolb qb

this could be a darkhorse candidate if other coaching options fall through. say if we cant get harbaugh and luck or gruden doesn't suit our fancy then how bout a coup of philly's west coast offense. mornhinweg has coaching experience and kolb is a good not great proven nfl qb, they would have continuity between coach and qb being on the same page plus we bring back west coast offense and i think the fans would have much more patience waiting for this thing to work. heck you could even debate on keeping alex cuz he learns well or troy as a backup while drafting a real understudy as qb of the future much like philly did for kolb. what do you guys think. i want 49er football back in sf not ravens/bears football. philly since 2000 has probably been the most consistent organization in the nfc by playing our brand of football, i say it might b time to take it back
Kolb yes
Morningwig, meh we can probably do better.
Mornhinweg? Let the browns have him.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Kolb, Childress for OC, and Gruden as HC.
I'm good with Kolb but Id rather have Gruden, Billick, or even Brian Schottenheimer.
Originally posted by obx49:
I'd like Morningweg as an OC, not necessarily as a head coach. Agree w/Kolb...but Philly will want a ton for him. I want an experienced head coach...tired of rookies. They've gotten us nowhere. Agree Morningweg has a lot of good coaching experience, and he is very offensive-minded...but first choice would be Gruden, maybe Billick...both guys are SB winners and know what it takes to get a team to that level.
Seriously...Where the F did all this Marty Mornhinweg talk come from? Because of Vick?? You can't be serious. Thanks god that he will NEVER be on our radar.

If this is a 49ers fan idea of what the future should look like...

Mega Facepalm.
[ Edited by okdkid on Dec 19, 2010 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I'm good with Kolb but Id rather have Gruden, Billick, or even Brian Schottenheimer.
first, this does not belong in NT.

second, Kolb is going to cost a 1st and 3rd. f**k that!
Might as well trade our first round pick for Vick while we're at it
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Seriously...Where the F did all this Marty Mornhinweg talk come from? Because of Vick?? You can't be serious. Thanks god that he will NEVER be on our radar.

If this is a 49ers fan idea of what the future should look like...

Mega Facepalm.

But he orchestrated that vaunted Detroit offense from a few years back while under Mooch...
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jones49:
Kolb yes
Morningwig, meh we can probably do better.

actually mornhiwegg would be a good fit with kolb. kolb already knows mornhinweg aka andy reid's offense so there won't be any wait time for kolb to learn.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by obx49:

i like this.