There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why was Troy pulled from the starting QB spot?

Originally posted by SFGem:
Troy Smith is 10x the qb alex is. I don't care what any of you say anymore about Alex. You alex supporters are delusional. alex smith is a sorry excuse for a qb.

Troy would have given us a shot to win against SD. period. alex didn't do s**t. i gaurantee troy wouldn't have been stopped 4 inches from the goal line.

You're ridiculous.

you realize the only play in troy smith's playbook is to throw it deep and hope delanie walker comes down with it.

we got shut out by the buccaneers with him as QB. Do you honestly think he gave us a chance against SD?

stop posting.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Because he can't throw from the pocket and doesn't know the playbook.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
nope you guys are all dead wrong. alex is a failure in the NFL. this forum is flooded with alex believers. someone has to point out how lost you guys are.
Everyone is freaking out about Alex's performance against SD, but I called it in advance. Not because he is horrible, as some claim. It is that SD's defense is very good. They are ranked number one in the NFL, and their pass defense is number one. They allow a passer rating of 72.5 for the year. Alex had a QB rating of 66 for the game.

What part of this is so complicated?

The 130 QB rating was not a fair estimation of Smith's game, and neither was the game against the Chargers. He's a player somewhere in between these two extremes, and should be fine next week against the Rams.

P.S. Very surprised the offensive line seems to be getting a free pass from board members this week, and all evil has been assigned to Smith. The OL gave up 6 sacks, and was completely dominated by the Chargers DL.
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Troy Smith is 10x the qb alex is. I don't care what any of you say anymore about Alex. You alex supporters are delusional. alex smith is a sorry excuse for a qb.

Troy would have given us a shot to win against SD. period. alex didn't do s**t. i gaurantee troy wouldn't have been stopped 4 inches from the goal line.

You're ridiculous.

you realize the only play in troy smith's playbook is to throw it deep and hope delanie walker comes down with it.

we got shut out by the buccaneers with him as QB. Do you honestly think he gave us a chance against SD?

stop posting.

You know alex smith's plays go like this. Ok looking deep looking deep, what nolan say don't throw deep protect the ball, we don't want a turn over. ok so let me check down to frank now. o s**t what happened sing ran him into the ground o crap what do i do s**t run wait i've never tried this o god that guy is big this is going to hurt both my shoulders!!!! EPIC FAIL.

Bring me Brian shot as head coach, if im going to give a inexperience person a chance lets at least get someone who knows more about grooming a qb... I hope norv get's fired so we can bring him back as OC if we don't return to the west coast.....
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

You're ridiculous.

stop posting.

You know alex smith's plays go like this. Ok looking deep looking deep, what nolan say don't throw deep protect the ball, we don't want a turn over. ok so let me check down to frank now. o s**t what happened sing ran him into the ground o crap what do i do s**t run wait i've never tried this o god that guy is big this is going to hurt both my shoulders!!!! EPIC FAIL.

Bring me Brian shot as head coach, if im going to give a inexperience person a chance lets at least get someone who knows more about grooming a qb...

Brian Schottenheimer no thanks.

You're ridiculous.

stop posting.

yes he did... I rather have one play, than Alex Anderson
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Everyone is freaking out about Alex's performance against SD, but I called it in advance. Not because he is horrible, as some claim. It is that SD's defense is very good. They are ranked number one in the NFL, and their pass defense is number one. They allow a passer rating of 72.5 for the year. Alex had a QB rating of 66 for the game.

The 130 QB rating was not a fair estimation of Smith's game, and neither was the game against the Chargers. He's a player somewhere in between these two extremes, and should be fine next week against the Rams.

P.S. Very surprised the offensive line seems to be getting a free pass from board members this week, and all evil has been assigned to Smith. The OL gave up 6 sacks, and was completely dominated by the Chargers DL.

This post sums it up to perfection.

Should be required reading for all forum members.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

You're ridiculous.

stop posting.

Bring me Brian shot as head coach, if im going to give a inexperience person a chance lets at least get someone who knows more about grooming a qb...

Brian Schottenheimer no thanks.

Why not? Gruden is a pipe dream, and we won't offer enough money. Will low ball what ever coach we sign. I hope to get someone young with some experience with x's and o's. I like to get norv back as Oc once he's fired for being knocked out of the playoffs. Before dallas jumps on him as oc...
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 18, 2010 at 4:59 PM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Because he sucked. The teams he won against had crappy defenses and they couldnt game plan against him because they knew nothing about him. All they do against the other Smith is blitz and and fluster him and the fact that our offense has NO hot reads is another story enitrely. But he sucks and that why
who the f**k cares

troy sucks alex sucks dingleberry sucks

they're all gone next year
Originally posted by WestCoast:
who the f**k cares

troy sucks alex sucks dingleberry sucks

they're all gone next year

You know the yorks will resign alex to spite the fans!!! Maybe fire sing and get a offensive head coach this time around to work with alex and see if we can improve him. save them money, and save face with the fans if they drop sing and keep alex they could easily swing that and still put us in the sets with hope alex will become better. 6 years of alex smith well expect a cheaper contract this time around, but a different coach leading him!
You guys do realize he lost badly to the only 2 good teams he played right?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

No, Maddog, let SFGem show you how lost and delusional you truly are!!
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
It is unbelievable how little leeway any OTHER QB on the 49ers roster gets. Alex Smith is given an exponential number of excuses/opportunities to become an average QB while there is absolutely ZERO margin for error with our other QBs (Shaun Hill, Troy Smith).

BTW: Bradford's rookie season > Alex Smith's career.

Believe this, Alex knows the playbook better than any qb we have right now. But it doesn't matter because the oline is crap. You can throw anyone of our qbs back there but at this point the coaches want the one with better knowledge of the plays.

So you're saying if Bradford was on this team, we would be having a better season?

Yup
Sorry. As much as I would like to see better QB play, if the only change was the same Bradford as he came out of college in exchange for Alex, then we will disagree.

The HUGE difference is that though Bradford came from a spread system similar to Alex, from the very first day, Sam had one of the best and brightest offensive minds in the game tailoring the offense specifically for what Bradford could do, and at the rate he could absorb it. Pat Shurmur started with simple plays, with short receivers on very easy throws...at least one, sometimes two on every play, protection schemes were designed specifically for individual plays with easy checkdowns, etc. In short, the entire Ram offense was geared to make Bradford comfortable and able to take the things he did in the spread and apply them to the NFL and then GRADUALLY move into pro style plays...and it has worked, though Sam appears to have hit a wall the past three weeks but he is far advanced over where he started the season.

If Bradford would have started the season with the 49ers and trying to run this offense with the amateurs that are steering this truck, he would be a wreck right now. To compare Bradford NOW to what he was at the beginning of the season is night and day. The very comparison between Smith and Bradford is the strongest evidence to fire Singletary. One has had every advantage to enable his development while the other has had every barrier imaginable thrown in his path.

Are you kidding me? Do you watch college football? The offense that Utah ran with Alex Smith is WORLD'S different from the offense Bradford ran at OU. There is nothing to compare between the two offense's at all.

Bradford came from an offense where they asked the QB to make a few reads and THROW the ball. Smith came from a presnap read offense. No comparison.
Is that really the only thing you got from my post?

Are you seriously suggesting that either system run in college is closer to the pros than they are to each other?

The point is, Bradford has an OC who spent the bulk of the off-season after Bradford signed, working just with Bradford. Moreover, Shurmur credentials, compared to what Smith has had are on a MUCH higher plain. Shurmur spent 7 seasons as QB coach under Andy Reid, one of the very best offensive minds in the game. He not only coached McNabb to 3 of this 5 Pro Bowls, he also won games with Koy Detmer. In 2004, under the offense he tweaked to fit him, McNabb set franchise records for rating and percentage completions.

That is what Bradford has. How about Alex?