There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deion Sanders calls playcalling....

  • tn9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,476
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Something needs to happen this offseason, find a good Coordinator and give him the Offense or trade Frank. Cause THIS ain't working.

~Ceadder

WTF? I know you're probably the last really irrational Alex Smith fan, but this is just taking it too far.

Frank Gore is on injured reserve with a broken hip. Our starting running back right now is one of the greatest receiving backs in the last decade. Does this make a difference? No.

Leave Gore out of it. It isn't his fault that our coaches are idiots.

Sorry, but I don't think he was blaming Gore for this mess...

It's more along the line of " if you take Singletary's crutch away from him he will be forced to find another way to get the job done"...
haven't we been saying this all year?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by tn9er:


Sorry, but I don't think he was blaming Gore for this mess...

It's more along the line of " if you take Singletary's crutch away from him he will be forced to find another way to get the job done"...

Maybe... it'd be hard to miss the fact that Gore needing crutches hasn't changed our philosophy, though.

See what I did there?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Singletary said the Niners were surprised at how deep san diego's safety's were playing in the second half----shouldn't an offense be able to respond to that immediatey? You would think a QB who has played 6 years in the NFL has seen most everything and can adjust in the huddle or at the line in about 5 seconds--before the ball is snapped.

Honestly, I just don't think Alex is the type of QB that likes to make throws that split defenders. Almost all of the throws he makes are to players with a defender only on one side of the receiver. The way SD waffles were playing made room for a lot of options over the LB but in front of the DB. We don't have QB that can make that throw.

Ok, maybe I don't understand what you're saying. Can you tell me if he is splitting defenders on some of these throws? The first play looks to me to be exactly what you're talking about as far as over the LB and in front of the DB. Looks like standard zone coverage to me.



This was last season, yes? This season it has been noted many times that teams are taking away this type of throw with bracket coverage instead of standard zone. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with coverage schemes, but I watched the game on TV and Vernon Davis appeared bracketed all night to me... in/out and over/under. If Alex tries to hit the window on those throws, he's going to get picked off.

I would also like to point out the irony that on the touchdown pass to Vernon Davis against the Colts, Alex throws the ball over a leaping Gary Brackett.

Aww... I spent all that time finding a video and posting it just to get your opinion, Joe. Why won't you respond to me?

I even found a witty irony.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by tn9er:


Sorry, but I don't think he was blaming Gore for this mess...

It's more along the line of " if you take Singletary's crutch away from him he will be forced to find another way to get the job done"...

Maybe... it'd be hard to miss the fact that Gore needing crutches hasn't changed our philosophy, though.

See what I did there?

it kind of has, we are not running the ball 10000 times up the middle every game. But now we have turned to more passes, but still in a predictable way. How many damn bubble screens do I have to watch every damn game!! I get it, the it 3rd down and 15 yards, so why call a damn bubble screen to Walker/Morgan?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by tn9er:


Sorry, but I don't think he was blaming Gore for this mess...

It's more along the line of " if you take Singletary's crutch away from him he will be forced to find another way to get the job done"...

Maybe... it'd be hard to miss the fact that Gore needing crutches hasn't changed our philosophy, though.

See what I did there?

it kind of has, we are not running the ball 10000 times up the middle every game. But now we have turned to more passes, but still in a predictable way. How many damn bubble screens do I have to watch every damn game!! I get it, the it 3rd down and 15 yards, so why call a damn bubble screen to Walker/Morgan?

No, I don't even think it even kind of has. The philosophy is the same, we just execute it in a slightly different way. It's still "ball control, smash mouth, play not to lose, Single-ball".
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by tn9er:


Sorry, but I don't think he was blaming Gore for this mess...

It's more along the line of " if you take Singletary's crutch away from him he will be forced to find another way to get the job done"...

Maybe... it'd be hard to miss the fact that Gore needing crutches hasn't changed our philosophy, though.

See what I did there?

it kind of has, we are not running the ball 10000 times up the middle every game. But now we have turned to more passes, but still in a predictable way. How many damn bubble screens do I have to watch every damn game!! I get it, the it 3rd down and 15 yards, so why call a damn bubble screen to Walker/Morgan?

No, I don't even think it even kind of has. The philosophy is the same, we just execute it in a slightly different way. It's still "ball control, smash mouth, play not to lose, Single-ball".

The playing not to lose is the same but the play calling has changed. AT least that is how it seems. Before it seemed like 2 out of 4 plays was a run up the middle with one of the 3 being a pass(usually a screen that was horribly executed) and the 4th being a punt. Now it seems like more of the plays are passes, even if they are the same horribly executed screen passes.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by backontop:


The playing not to lose is the same but the play calling has changed. AT least that is how it seems. Before it seemed like 2 out of 4 plays was a run up the middle with one of the 3 being a pass(usually a screen that was horribly executed) and the 4th being a punt. Now it seems like more of the plays are passes, even if they are the same horribly executed screen passes.

I only ran the statistics for the Seahawks game. We passed more in the first half, then ran more in the second half, making it even in the end.

That game and the Chargers game aren't going to give a good read on the philosophy, though. Both were blow outs....

I think it's still just conservative "Single-Ball". Get it? Lacking balls. I'm so witty.

We still run Westbrook up the middle more often than not.

I dunno... two more weeks.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by backontop:


The playing not to lose is the same but the play calling has changed. AT least that is how it seems. Before it seemed like 2 out of 4 plays was a run up the middle with one of the 3 being a pass(usually a screen that was horribly executed) and the 4th being a punt. Now it seems like more of the plays are passes, even if they are the same horribly executed screen passes.

I only ran the statistics for the Seahawks game. We passed more in the first half, then ran more in the second half, making it even in the end.

That game and the Chargers game aren't going to give a good read on the philosophy, though. Both were blow outs....

I think it's still just conservative "Single-Ball". Get it? Lacking balls. I'm so witty.

We still run Westbrook up the middle more often than not.

I dunno... two more weeks.

The reason the Seattle game evened out was because we had such a substantial lead. But like you said, we passed more in the first half. The SD game we seemed to pass more as well. Oh well, bring on the Lambs and more horrible play calling followed by even worse execution mixed in with refs making horrible calls and ignoring others
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
He's obviously calling out Mike Johnson lol

Problay more Sing, Johnosn has to follow orders.
Any resebmlence of a spread or more passing offence is unwanted, it´simply not fisical enough.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by backontop:


The reason the Seattle game evened out was because we had such a substantial lead. But like you said, we passed more in the first half. The SD game we seemed to pass more as well. Oh well, bring on the Lambs and more horrible play calling followed by even worse execution mixed in with refs making horrible calls and ignoring others

f**k YES! 49ERS FOOTBALL, BABY! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I will laugh until I s**t myself if we make the playoffs. Then I will literally strip naked, smear said s**t all over my naked body and run through the streets until I am clubbed or tasered unconscious and put in a straight jacket... if we win the Super Bowl.

Two more weeks.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
He's obviously calling out Mike Johnson lol

Problay more Sing, Johnosn has to follow orders.
Any resebmlence of a spread or more passing offence is unwanted, it´simply not fisical enough.

You spelled it wrong trying to spell it wrong. Perfect Singletism.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,048
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Singletary said the Niners were surprised at how deep san diego's safety's were playing in the second half----shouldn't an offense be able to respond to that immediatey? You would think a QB who has played 6 years in the NFL has seen most everything and can adjust in the huddle or at the line in about 5 seconds--before the ball is snapped.

Honestly, I just don't think Alex is the type of QB that likes to make throws that split defenders. Almost all of the throws he makes are to players with a defender only on one side of the receiver. The way SD waffles were playing made room for a lot of options over the LB but in front of the DB. We don't have QB that can make that throw.

Ok, maybe I don't understand what you're saying. Can you tell me if he is splitting defenders on some of these throws? The first play looks to me to be exactly what you're talking about as far as over the LB and in front of the DB. Looks like standard zone coverage to me.



This was last season, yes? This season it has been noted many times that teams are taking away this type of throw with bracket coverage instead of standard zone. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with coverage schemes, but I watched the game on TV and Vernon Davis appeared bracketed all night to me... in/out and over/under. If Alex tries to hit the window on those throws, he's going to get picked off.

I would also like to point out the irony that on the touchdown pass to Vernon Davis against the Colts, Alex throws the ball over a leaping Gary Brackett.

Ooooh very good.

I don't care if the Opponent is running Bracket or Zone coverage. The simple fact is the play calling that we have gotten this season doesn't match up with the play calling we got last season. I haven't seen ONE route that includes a downfield pick by crossing slant routes. Not one. No they don't always work, but the Defenders have to be aware of the location of their teammates or there'll be an opening created. Hell send Crabtree on one so when he falls on his face(for the umpteenth time) he has a good chance at taking both Defenders out(*Oops my bad*) whenever wwe have gotten the RayeGun or the Spreadcoast or whatever you wish to call it, it's been successful. But that's been pretty rare. Sadly our Coaches don't trust anybody but the Line. I don't see how but they do.

~Ceadder

Wait a minute, the "Spreadcoast"???

Isn't that what we see when the score is 31-0 with only 8 minutes left in the game???

Too funny, considering that we were quite successful with it last year. An I don't mean that in a funny haha sort of way if you catch my drift.

We knew the Line was going to have its issues, having two Rookies starting. But I noticed that when we did use it, it took the pressure off the Line this season. Only team that didn't work well against was Philly and their Devil May Care blitz Packages.

Boggles the mind that it was not the featured Offense this season given that we had success with it. Atlanta, New Orleans and other successful teams are running some form of the spread as well. But nope, we gotta run Bell Cow into the teeth of the Defense. Personally I hate that Frank somehow finds a hole to gash the Opponent with the occasional long Run. When you spread out the Defense you're more likely to do that regularly.

Something needs to happen this offseason, find a good Coordinator and give him the Offense or trade Frank. Cause THIS ain't working.

~Ceadder

AGAIN
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by dmax:

AGAIN

He got banned.
Its because we suck lol