There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shafted by the officials?

Four horrible calls really stood out to me aside from the constant non holding calls on San Diego.

1-The Justin Smith ejection-Ive seen alot worse than what was the case here, it was not a shove, it was not intentional-Smith pushed the official's hand away, that is not grounds for throwing him out.

2-Alex Smith TD-this was a TD-the one by Vincent Jackson was even less convincing but at home in San Diego he was given the score.

3-Teddy Ginn TD-facemask? where? since when is it illegal to touch another players helmet?-this was definitely not a facemask.

4-Sideline personal foul on Terrell Brown-this one was just ridiculous- how could he have predicted in mid-tackle that the runner would choose to hop out of bounds?-BAD CALL!

This could have been a totally different game if these BULLSH!T calls never took place, but hey San Diego @ home? that says it all.
The face-mask call was f**king ridiculous.
i'll say it again... it didn't matter.

we weren't winning this game with or without the calls. you don't lose by 27 and blame it on the refs i'm sorry...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
i'll say it again... it didn't matter.

we weren't winning this game with or without the calls. you don't lose by 27 and blame it on the refs i'm sorry...
We're not that good. Period. There were some bad calls. But that did not make the difference in the game.
im not saying we wouldve won but we wouldnt have been forced to pass so damned much, and truthfully, the score didnt get out of hand till the 2nd half when we were forced to pass and ditch the run. All i said was that it wouldve been a different game, especially with J. Smith hounding Rivers all night.
Shafted by the coaching staff as well.
Originally posted by prime21:
im not saying we wouldve won but we wouldnt have been forced to pass so damned much, and truthfully, the score didnt get out of hand till the 2nd half when we were forced to pass and ditch the run. All i said was that it wouldve been a different game, especially with J. Smith hounding Rivers all night.

I agree with you. Those calls really killed any momentum or hope that we did have. We where in the game and when it's close you never know what can happen. Our confidence dropped shortly after.
the refs are really bad but remember we have an atrocious coach
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I agree with you. Those calls really killed any momentum or hope that we did have. We where in the game and when it's close you never know what can happen. Our confidence dropped shortly after.

Exactly.

Exactly.

The refs were horrible tonight, no doubt about that but we still didn't capitalize before the game got out of hand.

- Walker dropping a wide open pass for a big gain

- Brooks dropping an INT DEEP INTO SD Territory WITH room to run after he picks it off. The very next play on 3rd 10 they pick up 39 yards plus the BS 15 yard penalty for hittin him "out of bounds"

- 3rd and 3 early in the game we call timeout only to watch Alex float and OVERTHROW (go figure) Walker on a simple TE Screen

-running that same play that didnt work the 1st time on 2nd and goal after we took 3 points off the board, basically a wasted play

-unnecessary illegal block in the back on Philip Adams (the man he hit wasn't even close to Ginn but it was so obvious that he did it)on Ginn's punt return when he actually put us around midfield only to be sitting at the 18 yard line after the penalty

- Nate having all week to find a ball only to miss-time his jump and get "Moss'd" by V-Jax

All of those plays happened BEFORE the game was out of reach and we didn't help ourselves.

We were dominated and the refs just kicked us while we were down
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 17, 2010 at 5:35 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Veteran

Losing Justin was critical

I'm not blaming the Refs but it was one of the worst called games I've seen in some time

There is no 5 yard face mask penalty anymore they changed that rule and all of those they called even the one on SD during the 9ers TD drive was just that absolute crap
  • ZRF80
Good teams overcome adversity. Adversity can come in the form of the opposition's play, the refs, the weather, the opposing fans, etc.

We can blame the refs for this loss.

We can blame the fans for the opening loss to Seattle and KC.

We can blame the weather for the loss to GB.

The point is that good teams (eg NE, Philly) overcome these things. Maybe not every game, but the majority of them.

We cant, so there's no point of blaming them on this one.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
We're not that good. Period. There were some bad calls. But that did not make the difference in the game.

THIS
Much ado about nothing!

We were out coached - out played and humiliated because we suck. A complete house cleaning is in order.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home