LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Good things about this game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We got Andy Lee some more Pro Bowl votes
I think at least we finally know that our QB situation will be clear. Alex Smith will run, far, far away from this snake-bitten team. So we can better focus on a new QB to abuse. Draft him... sign him... but regardless of which? You better put an actual team around him for any hope of betterment.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
There is always a silver lining! With this game it is multi-faceted.
1. We can finally stop the crazy talk about playoffs. Even if we were numerically in it, it is even more painfully obvious we have no business being there.
2. Sing should finally be gone at the end of the season.
3. The Alex experiment may finally have run it's course.
4. We can watch the playoffs without being so emotionally invested and keep our blood pressures down.

Alex had next to nothing to do with the loss today.. So I don't see how that comment makes any sense.

The rest, sure.

We've established that our defense is horrendous, our mental capacity, discipline, and all things having to do with preparedness, preparation and coaching are all horrendous.

Nate Clements will be entering his 11th year next year I believe -- It's time to bring in a new-comer. Dangling Clements and adding a stud corner and pass rusher in the FA/Draft could be a wise move.

We need new players all around. QB, DL, LB, CB, S, OL, WR, RB/FB, K -- The only position we're set at is TE and Punter. The mock I've posted up in the draft forum recognizes these needs, and hopefully with the addition of a competent coach (and staff with him) helps us achieve what our team is capable of, rather than constantly underachieving for the talent level we possess.

Alex had alot to do with the loss. How about not willing to throw to his best target or unwilling to attempt to throw his receivers open. He suck!
Davis drew double coverage most of the night. He wasn't open...ever.

Which brings me to something that has bugged me for quite a while: A lot of people throw around this term "throwing a receiver open" as that is a easy to do as sticking the key in the ignition and the engine starts.

You can't throw to a receiver that is not getting separation once you throw the ball. If you do that the DB has a much chance to get the ball as the receiver. There is no magic that happens to a guy who hasn't been open all night that will bring him open if you throw the ball his way. That term needs to go away. It is way overused. The 49ers DON'T HAVE ANY RECEIVERS THAT CAN RELIABLY GET OPEN. NONE. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE THE QB THROWS THE BALL...THEY AREN'T OPEN.

Further, it isn't just about getting open. The receiver has to be open while the QB has a passing line to throw through. Tonight the OL was NOT giving Smith any open passing lanes.

There is just SO MUCH to this game besides just watching and blaming the QB for all that goes wrong. As OTC said, one of the very best posters on here said earlier, Alex Smith had next to nothing to do with this loss. There were so many other people that contributed more to this loss than Alex Smith that they would fill a bus full before Alex even got to the door.
The highlight of this game is. Were now only 2 more games closer to sing being fired!!!! If are division didn't suck monkey balls it would have already been done!
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
1. We can finally stop the crazy talk about playoffs. Even if we were numerically in it, it is even more painfully obvious we have no business being there.
4. We can watch the playoffs without being so emotionally invested and keep our blood pressures down.

Alex had next to nothing to do with the loss today.. So I don't see how that comment makes any sense.

The rest, sure.

We've established that our defense is horrendous, our mental capacity, discipline, and all things having to do with preparedness, preparation and coaching are all horrendous.

Nate Clements will be entering his 11th year next year I believe -- It's time to bring in a new-comer. Dangling Clements and adding a stud corner and pass rusher in the FA/Draft could be a wise move.

We need new players all around. QB, DL, LB, CB, S, OL, WR, RB/FB, K -- The only position we're set at is TE and Punter. The mock I've posted up in the draft forum recognizes these needs, and hopefully with the addition of a competent coach (and staff with him) helps us achieve what our team is capable of, rather than constantly underachieving for the talent level we possess.

Alex had alot to do with the loss. How about not willing to throw to his best target or unwilling to attempt to throw his receivers open. He suck!
Davis drew double coverage most of the night. He wasn't open...ever.

Which brings me to something that has bugged me for quite a while: A lot of people throw around this term "throwing a receiver open" as that is a easy to do as sticking the key in the ignition and the engine starts.

You can't throw to a receiver that is not getting separation once you throw the ball. If you do that the DB has a much chance to get the ball as the receiver. There is no magic that happens to a guy who hasn't been open all night that will bring him open if you throw the ball his way. That term needs to go away. It is way overused. The 49ers DON'T HAVE ANY RECEIVERS THAT CAN RELIABLY GET OPEN. NONE. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE THE QB THROWS THE BALL...THEY AREN'T OPEN.

Further, it isn't just about getting open. The receiver has to be open while the QB has a passing line to throw through. Tonight the OL was NOT giving Smith any open passing lanes.

There is just SO MUCH to this game besides just watching and blaming the QB for all that goes wrong. As OTC said, one of the very best posters on here said earlier, Alex Smith had next to nothing to do with this loss. There were so many other people that contributed more to this loss than Alex Smith that they would fill a bus full before Alex even got to the door.

So true our wrs cant get seperation and ol is so bad. Note to sing do not start a rookie at rt unless he gets better....which he has not. Alex is not a good qb but he is definitely above average. He looked great last week bc our wrs were getting seperation and the ol was actually GIVING HIM TIME which most other qbs have. Until our ol gets better our offense will look like crap.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

The rest, sure.

okay, i get it... we need to start from the ground up - throw the whole team in the bay (not willis, though).
Originally posted by elguapo:
Until our ol gets better our offense will look like crap.

.... and there it is... truth spoken.
Originally posted by seeking6th:

The rest, sure.

okay, i get it... we need to start from the ground up - throw the whole team in the bay (not willis, though).

Justin Smith, Willis, and Vd and Mike L will all miss the flight to next weeks game strangely and the plane will be attack by a terrorist group... Theirs some hope
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Nate Overpaid Clements still plays like 30 yards off the WR what f**king idiot.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

The rest, sure.

Justin Smith, Willis, and Vd and Mike L will all miss the flight to next weeks game strangely and the plane will be attack by a terrorist group... Theirs some hope

and someone kidnap andy lee/jennings so they miss the flight, too

Jeff Reed is still perfect.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

oh yeah, don't let him on the plane, too
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

oh yeah, don't let him on the plane, too

I know, why did we just not kick the field goal again, were closer he just made it! Playing to loss the game, sing is to brilliant, but i think norv just out smarted you all game...
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Dec 16, 2010 at 11:01 PM ]
It proved that we sucked.
Every time this team comes off a victory, I give myself hope.
Our defense is not that great, our offense can not move the ball, and special teams have not broke one this whole year.
I hope by the end of this week, we are officially out of the playoff race, so I can just move on and look forward to next year.
Amen.
Originally posted by new49er:
It proved that we sucked.
Every time this team comes off a victory, I give myself hope.
Our defense is not that great, our offense can not move the ball, and special teams have not broke one this whole year.
I hope by the end of this week, we are officially out of the playoff race, so I can just move on and look forward to next year.
Amen.

When we are officially out of the race, sing will be fired.. i still want to win the next two weeks, because it's the division... i hate the rams and i hate the cards!
Share 49ersWebzone