LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

49ers fans seem to travel well

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
In light of Matt Barrows latest post http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/12/san-diego-forec.html

In all of my experiences seeing the 49ers in opposing stadiums...we always seem to travel quite well. Take the fact that we've been a mediocre team for a few years, and it is even more impressive.

Just over the past few years I've seen the Niners play in Arizona, Buffalo and NY. We are ALWAYS very well represented. Regardless of record or circumstances.

Clearly teams like the Cowboys, Steelers and Eagles (among others) are in other league when it comes to travel. But I got to believe we are in the top 10.

When we went through our 2-14 season, I was at the game in Arizona that year. Both teams were horrible and the game was still being played at Sun Devil Stadium at 1pm. Yet, there were easily 30,000 Niner fans there. I thought that was pretty impressive.

Have you seen a respectable turn out in opposing stadiums?

That's f**king awesome. Keep showing your support for the team everyone no matter how much donkey dicks we suck.
As for San Diego there are lots of Northern Cal people in Southern Cal. And vice versa too BTW. A lot of people move within CA for career opportunites or educational opportunities at various Universities. So as far as traveling well to San Diego a lot of people just live here and are 49ers fans.
Ya everywhere i go i and see quite a good showing of 49ers fans. Even in Philly last season after it snowed 28inches the day before. But ya ive been to 27 NFL stadiums to see a 9ers game since 2007 and usually everywhere i go there is a fair share of 9ers fans.
Originally posted by Fricker:
Ya everywhere i go i and see quite a good showing of 49ers fans. Even in Philly last season after it snowed 28inches the day before. But ya ive been to 27 NFL stadiums to see a 9ers game since 2007 and usually everywhere i go there is a fair share of 9ers fans.

In the past they used to be good. So people grew up liking them. They establised a wide fan base as often happens with winning.

20 years from now people will still travel around as Patriot fans.
Went to the Dolphins Game in Miami in 2008, the stadium was 95 percent full and I would say at least 20 percent were 49er fans.
There might have been 20% 49ers fans at the Charger game. At least 15%. It's tough to estimate. There was a lot of red. I can tell you that.
I was at the Falcons game earlier this year.There were ALOT of Niner fans there I assumed it was cause the Niners grew a fan base in Atlanta from all those ass whippins we use to give them back when they played in the NFC West. Fans would travel more if this team werent so bad
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There might have been 20% 49ers fans at the Charger game. At least 15%. It's tough to estimate. There was a lot of red. I can tell you that.

You right there was a lot of red at the game.from the moment I drove into the parking lot I could see a lot of 9er fans.I sat plaza level right behind the 9ers sideline and most of the field level section infront of me was red
Well, since Coach Singletary doesn't have a clue how to become a good road team, perhaps he should talk to Niners fans to understand how they are able to travel so well. But I have my answer after reading Singletary had the Niners practice once before the SD game. The Chargers had 3 practices during the same timeframe. Any questions?

Originally posted by christmaxx:
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
$18.99 Discount Sports jerseys
High quality
Since this year 12,000 people have purchased on our site
get more sports product!
Please visit:
www.bbeststore.com

Back again huh?

Share 49ersWebzone