There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (at St. Louis Rams)

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Sims84:
I know the feeling around here is as it usually is after a loss but St. Louis is NOT unbeatable at home. They are missing Bradford's favorite target in the redzone, TE Michael Hoomanawanui and his main target, Amendola is not a "big time threat". They will not stretch the field on us NOR will they run on us. Stephan Jackson had 81 yards on 20 Carries the last game but one of those carries went for 26. Patrick Willis, LIKE ALWAYS put the clamps down on him the rest of the game.

We BOTH came off a bye week the last time we played so it was just a chess match to see who can counter the other team. This time, WE will be coming out with more prep time and although that hasn't always fared well, we are 1-0 after a bye week we are 1-0 when having more time to prepare.

Regardless of who starts, they will see a different offense this time around so that gives them even LESS to prepare for. Westbrook and Dixon will not see the same defense that Frank Gore saw because we do not run our offense through them like we do with Frank. St. Louis Secondary is TRASH as you saw when a 2nd game, no playbook knowing QB made them look like swiss cheese AFTER THEIR BYE WEEK.

They will be in a TOUGH brutal battle this week with KC and if you don't think KC is going to be pounding and pounding and pounding them with the run, you are mistaken.

Last but not least, Just like AZ was the favorites last year and we beat them on the road, we OWN the NFC West and it's not even close. 49ers win this game by two scores. You heard it here first folks

Their 6'5 reciever Danario Alexander is gonna eat our secondary alive the same way V-Jax did. Remember, he was out the first time we played them.

Really?? You compare a Rookie WR who has played in 5 games and has 11 catches ( avg 2 catches PER GAME) to a Proven, ALL PRO WR?? Just because he is tall and big you think he is going to "eat our secondary alive"?

What, like Mike Williams did (4 catches 64 yards 0 TD's)...or DIDN'T.... or like Marques Colston did (5 catches for 67 yards 0 TD's)...or DIDN'T..or like Fitzgerald did (4 Catches for 37 yards 0 TD's)...or DIDN'T.. so we had ONE bad performance against a big, PROVEN, ALL PRO WR. LMAO @ the "all hope is lost" mindsets after a loss to a VERY GOOD football team! I'll think we'll be JUST FINE against Alexander
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 18, 2010 at 3:51 AM ]
I know the feeling around here is as it usually is after a loss but St. Louis is NOT unbeatable at home. They are missing Bradford's favorite target in the redzone, TE Michael Hoomanawanui and his main target, Amendola is not a "big time threat". They will not stretch the field on us NOR will they run on us. Stephan Jackson had 81 yards on 20 Carries the last game but one of those carries went for 26. Patrick Willis, LIKE ALWAYS put the clamps down on him the rest of the game.

We BOTH came off a bye week the last time we played so it was just a chess match to see who can counter the other team. This time, WE will be coming out with more prep time and although that hasn't always fared well, we are 1-0 after a bye week we are 1-0 when having more time to prepare.

Regardless of who starts, they will see a different offense this time around so that gives them even LESS to prepare for. Westbrook and Dixon will not see the same defense that Frank Gore saw because we do not run our offense through them like we do with Frank. St. Louis Secondary is TRASH as you saw when a 2nd game, no playbook knowing QB made them look like swiss cheese AFTER THEIR BYE WEEK.

They will be in a TOUGH brutal battle this week with KC and if you don't think KC is going to be pounding and pounding and pounding them with the run, you are mistaken.

Last but not least, Just like AZ was the favorites last year and we beat them on the road, we OWN the NFC West and it's not even close. 49ers win this game by two scores. You heard it here first folks

Their 6'5 reciever Danario Alexander is gonna eat our secondary alive the same way V-Jax did. Remember, he was out the first time we played them.

Really?? You compare a Rookie WR who has played in 5 games and has 11 catches ( avg 2 catches PER GAME) to a Proven, ALL PRO WR?? Just because he is tall and big you think he is going to "eat our secondary alive"?

What, like Mike Williams did (4 catches 64 yards 0 TD's)...or DIDN'T.... or like Marques Colston did (5 catches for 67 yards 0 TD's)...or DIDN'T..or like Fitzgerald did (4 Catches for 37 yards 0 TD's)...or DIDN'T.. so we had ONE bad performance against a big, PROVEN, ALL PRO WR. LMAO @ the "all hope is lost" mindsets after a loss to a VERY GOOD football team! I'll think we'll be JUST FINE against Alexander

Actually it doesn't matter which WR's we go against with the Rams. Bradford is gonna pick our Defense apart regardless.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd love to go 5-11 and get a top 10 pick.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yessir
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yessir

That would be lovely wouldn't it, Diva. I hope Alex starts the last two games, he gives us the best chance to lose.

Yessir

That would be lovely wouldn't it, Diva. I hope Alex starts the last two games, he gives us the best chance to lose.

Actually it doesn't matter which WR's we go against with the Rams. Bradford is gonna pick our Defense apart regardless.

Yeah, he'll dink and dunk like he has been all year. Threw the ball 42 times last game against us with 1 TD

Now you wanna talk about defense? Troy Smith with LIMITED PLAYS led our offense to 454 total yards against their defense.........when they had two weeks to prepare for us coming off their Bye

Won't happen. Cards don't stand a chance in San Fran with Skelton at QB , or any other QB on their roster for that matter. Don't be surprised if they lose to Carolina this weekend
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Won't happen. Cards don't stand a chance in San Fran with Skelton at QB , or any other QB on their roster for that matter. Don't be surprised if they lose to Carolina this weekend

I don't know, Carolina might tank it, in order to keep that #1 overall pick.

Big possibility but if they start Clausen, I think he'll be playing to win. High Expectations, High Pick (2nd round is still high). If he starts, which he should, I think they will beat the Cards because although he is a high pick, with their record and a shot at Luck, he is auditioning for a job next year with either them OR a new team after a trade . Regardless, we won't tank it. No matter how bad we have played, the Cardinals barely stood a chance with Warner at QB.......Anderson? Hall? Skelton?? IN San Fran?? Not so much
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Big possibility but if they start Clausen, I think he'll be playing to win. High Expectations, High Pick (2nd round is still high). If he starts, which he should, I think they will beat the Cards because although he is a high pick, with their record and a shot at Luck, he is auditioning for a job next year with either them OR a new team after a trade . Regardless, we won't tank it. No matter how bad we have played, the Cardinals barely stood a chance with Warner at QB.......Anderson? Hall? Skelton?? IN San Fran?? Not so much

Yeah, being realistic we should beat them, but you know what they say, on any given Sunday.

Yeah, being realistic we should beat them, but you know what they say, on any given Sunday.

Thats true but that is true for any game so why count us out vs St. Louis when we have already beat them and TORCHED their defense and HORRENDOUS secondary with a QB that knew 25% of the playbook IF that. Any given sunday which is why I expect the 1-12 panthers to beat the 4-9 Cardinals this weekend
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 18, 2010 at 9:01 AM ]
I want the team to win... by the players more than anything else, who have suffered enough with a HC and an OC that does not add much for them.

I hope they are a bit more concentrated and not make so many stupid things like Thursday's fatal game.

But whatever happens, finishing the season... thanks for your effort Mike, as a person I appreciate a lot, but... has to come a better HC.

dont be surprised if we lose this time around, its gonna get ugly
Reason we lose: The Rams will want it more.

They're gonna want revenge (on their own home turf), they're gonna want to be in the playoffs, and they have a good coach/QB setting them in that direction (two things an NFL team needs for success).

49ers don't want it, they don't want anything anymore, their coach is a bull-s**t artist that's run out of answers (cause all he is a mascot without any game-planning smarts/knowledge of halftime adjustment focus).

St. Louis will be packed full of die-hard fans screaming to the tops of their lungs on the 26th. -It's all gonna end next Sunday, and it'll all be for the best.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 18, 2010 at 10:45 PM ]