LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

I just think he checked out. He isn't playing nearly as hard as his rookie year. This is the kind of guy that I could see us trading or cutting in 2012 if things dont turn around for him next year. He'll have a bad attitude if he doesn't start producing.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 12, 2010 at 8:01 PM ]
No Crabs isn't overrated he's played on a team with no QB, and stupid offensive playcalling his whole career. No Training camps either thus slow starts.

add that to having a run heavy team w/Gore and an awesome TE in Davis he's the 3rd guy. He's a pro bowler waiting to happen.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I wonder if there's something personal between AS and Crabtree...

I think I remember Crabtree kinda hinting at talking trash and never seemed to be in the game until Troy was playing.

Yeah, like 4 or 5 Ints' worth of something.

I find it laughable that people say that Tree started performing better with Troy.

Yeah he got that grab in the End Zone in the last Loss. But it should have been overturned. Only McCarthy didn't challenge it. Didn't matter to them none anyway, right?

The point is Tree was no more productive with Troy than with Alex.

IMHO, If I throw you the ball and you fail when the ball is in your bubble and you do this consistently, I won't be throwing in your direction much later in the season. Tree fell on his face 4 times costing the QB turnovers. Turnovers that got him booed by the fans. He also tipped 2 of them into the hands of the Defenders. One of them caromed off his own Shoulder pad. Now he's not the only reason Alex was not back on the field after getting healthy, but if I'm Alex and I know you ain't doing you're job and you're making me look bad? Yeah, I'm gonna go out of my way to throw more in your direction. Not.

I don't hate Tree, it's too early to tell one way or the other. But at this point in THIS season Tree didn't do him or his QBs' any favors. A true WR1 will get their catches be damned what the Defense does to stop them. Tree is not at that level yet. Hope he gets there but this season is not encouraging.

~Ceadder

I dont think we can judge Crabtree until year 6

he has had two different coordinators in two years

and at least 4 different qbs

Its only fair
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
There were four plays today that were eye openers. Two passes for Morgan and two for Crabtree that were almost identical. Morgan caught his, Crabtree missed his, with one hitting him in his hands. I was amazed because Morgan has been the odd man out and Crabtree has incredible hands. Makes me wonder about Crabtree's attitude. The 9ers need to draft a WR high this year to give Crabtree something to worry about. Get to every practice and work your butt off so the team can count on you!

Crabtree doesn't try as hard when Alex is in there.

Probably cause he sees the writing on the wall for Alex. Why bother if you know he's gone anyway.

~Ceadder
Would you consider Fitzgerald over rated? He surely is not having a good season. The QB has a lot to do with the success of the WR's which we have lacked for years.

Andrew Luck 2011!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Would you consider Fitzgerald over rated? He surely is not having a good season. The QB has a lot to do with the success of the WR's which we have lacked for years.

Andrew Luck 2011!

if the ball touches Fitz's hands he catches it
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I think I remember Crabtree kinda hinting at talking trash and never seemed to be in the game until Troy was playing.

I find it laughable that people say that Tree started performing better with Troy.

Yeah he got that grab in the End Zone in the last Loss. But it should have been overturned. Only McCarthy didn't challenge it. Didn't matter to them none anyway, right?

IMHO, If I throw you the ball and you fail when the ball is in your bubble and you do this consistently, I won't be throwing in your direction much later in the season. Tree fell on his face 4 times costing the QB turnovers. Turnovers that got him booed by the fans. He also tipped 2 of them into the hands of the Defenders. One of them caromed off his own Shoulder pad. Now he's not the only reason Alex was not back on the field after getting healthy, but if I'm Alex and I know you ain't doing you're job and you're making me look bad? Yeah, I'm gonna go out of my way to throw more in your direction. Not.

I don't hate Tree, it's too early to tell one way or the other. But at this point in THIS season Tree didn't do him or his QBs' any favors. A true WR1 will get their catches be damned what the Defense does to stop them. Tree is not at that level yet. Hope he gets there but this season is not encouraging.

~Ceadder

Its only fair

If the ball HITS YOU IN THE GODDAM HANDS THEN YOU CATCH IT!

I'm not saying he's overrated. I'm saying that he's unprepared. Don't take shots at me just cause you're unhappy that Alex has gotten more time than you would give him. Be honest, no Super Bowl by year two you want to move on. Don't tell me I'm wrong either cause I believe you were one of Vernon's critics.

I love how someone comes to a thread about another guy who doesn't know how to be a Pro and then tells the one guy being fair that he has to be fair. That's crazy talk chief.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by jreff22:

Andrew Luck 2011!

Not really did you watch their game today? Ball location and chemistry with QB is crucial. Davis had drops, Ginn had drops you guys make too much of this he's the best WR we got too bad our QB situation is terrible and has been for years.
I think the timing is off between Crabtree and Alex. Personally I think that Alex needs to pull some extra time after practice and work on timing. Also the commentators (billick I think) said something along the lines that the offense Crabtree ran in college allowed a lot more leeway with routes than what is expected of him in the NFL and he is struggling.

Andrew Luck 2011!

Not really did you watch their game today? Ball location and chemistry with QB is crucial. Davis had drops, Ginn had drops you guys make too much of this he's the best WR we got too bad our QB situation is terrible and has been for years.

Crabs drops more then he should and his "tips" caused the VAST majority of INT's this year.

Fitz goes 100% every play, Crabs does not.

~Ceadder

Its only fair

If the ball HITS YOU IN THE GODDAM HANDS THEN YOU CATCH IT!

I'm not saying he's overrated. I'm saying that he's unprepared. Don't take shots at me just cause you're unhappy that Alex has gotten more time than you would give him. Be honest, no Super Bowl by year two you want to move on. Don't tell me I'm wrong either cause I believe you were one of Vernon's critics.

I love how someone comes to a thread about another guy who doesn't know how to be a Pro and then tells the one guy being fair that he has to be fair. That's crazy talk chief.

~Ceadder

uh no

I've supported everyone until this year

Crabtree isnt overrated, this whole offensive system and the qbs running it suck.

Lets keep running wr screens though..they always seem to work.

Andrew Luck 2011!

Crabs drops more then he should and his "tips" caused the VAST majority of INT's this year.

This and Fitz plays injured, and has a bit of speed. Crabtree drops s**t, has no speed, and spends too much time dancing when he does catch it.

Andrew Luck 2011!

This.

Fitz is a Pro. He has no choice who throws to him. Only choice he has is to make the catches when the ball is thrown in his direction. AND HE DOES IT!!!

Crabtree doesn't.

How simple is that?

We're not saying that he has control of the ball once it leaves the hand of the QB. We're saying that once the ball enters your personal bubble it's up to you to do something with it.

But of course it's all the QB. Someone needs to get the equipment manager on the carpet and ask him why the hell the PS3 control unit is on the fritz. If it's busted get Alex and Troy a new one and that way when the ball leaves their hand they can take control of the situation ala Madden to get the completion they shoulda got when the ball hit that fool in the numbers.

~Ceadder

Andrew Luck 2011!

Your opinion on Crabs but I see him blocking for Wr's and his effort is good not great. U make him seem like randy moss out there. We should appreciate him cause look at the WR's out there that lead in drops.

NFL Leaders
Passing:
NFL | NFC | AFC

Pass Dropped
Rank Player Team Stats
1 Reggie Wayne Ind 10
2 Terrell Owens Cin 9
3t Brent Celek Phi 8
3t Stevie Johnson Buf 8
3t Chad Ochocinco Cin 8
6t Miles Austin Dal 7
6t Pierre Garcon Ind 7
6t Brandon Gibson StL 7
6t Tony Gonzalez Atl 7
6t Aaron Hernandez NE 7
6t Andre Johnson Hou 7
6t Brandon Marshall Mia 7
6t Wes Welker NE 7
14t Steve Breaston Ari 6
14t Arian Foster Hou 6
14t Devin Hester Chi 6
14t Fred Jackson Buf 6
14t Randy Moss Ten 6
14t Brandon Pettigrew Det 6
14t Steve Smith Car 6
14t Mike Williams TB 6
© 2010 by STATS LLC.
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC is strictly prohibited.
...Crabtree made some plays when BlackSmith was at qb.

Good one.

When is the last time you saw a ball throw to Crabtree where he didn't have to make a ridiculously high, outstretched jump to get it? Him and WhiteSmith have zero chemistry.
Share 49ersWebzone