There are 279 users in the forums

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

I think he will be a very good WR in the league. Hes shown on certain games and plays that he has what it takes. I agree that he does seem to drop a good amount of balls but thats something he can work on. This system that the 49ers run doesnt help him either. Plus you have to look at the QB play. A QB makes a WR not the other way around. Fitzgerald was a top 2-3 WR, now with Skelton, Anderson, Hall, he an average WR. Why do you think Manning can make guys like Blair White and Austin Collie look so great. If either of them were on the 49ers, they would be below average WRs
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
He drops more balls than he catches. And he is the reason we lost in Week 1. He sucks.

So crabtree was the only reason we lost in week 1?
Crabtree looks like he doesn't give a s**t right now. Especially with Alex at QB
jesus christ

we need a crabtree sucks thread after every game he doesn't get a TD...
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
I think he will be a very good WR in the league. Hes shown on certain games and plays that he has what it takes. I agree that he does seem to drop a good amount of balls but thats something he can work on. This system that the 49ers run doesnt help him either. Plus you have to look at the QB play. A QB makes a WR not the other way around. Fitzgerald was a top 2-3 WR, now with Skelton, Anderson, Hall, he an average WR. Why do you think Manning can make guys like Blair White and Austin Collie look so great. If either of them were on the 49ers, they would be below average WRs

Obviously, any WR would suffer with what is going on in Arizona. But I also think that Fitzgerald's problems have been compounded by the fact that Boldin is not there drawing some of the attention.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Crabtree looks like he doesn't give a s**t right now. Especially with Alex at QB

I agree. He probably thinks that Alex isnt a good QB so doesnt try or doesnt care. Maybe its something personal or maybe he just thinks Alex sucks, who knows, but he looks like a different WR when Troy is at QB

I agree. He probably thinks that Alex isnt a good QB so doesnt try or doesnt care. Maybe its something personal or maybe he just thinks Alex sucks, who knows, but he looks like a different WR when Troy is at QB

Is that an excuse? He will only play well when he "likes" the QB?

Body language.
Originally posted by BHulman:

CrabtreEXCUSES... Lots of those around here.
  • Veteran
garbage.

He only seems to have bad games when Alex is QB

ya, i said it!
Originally posted by BHulman:

No excuse. When Alex is out there he looks like a different WR then when Troy is out there. Dont see how thats an excuse? Its my observation
Originally posted by SJniner7:

ya, i said it!

And Vernon only has bad games when Troy Smith is QB. And good games for Vernon when Alex Smith is QB. Different chemistry and trust for different guys.
his only 100 yard receiving game came with Alex at the helm
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

ya, i said it!

And Vernon only has bad games when Troy Smith is QB. And good games for Vernon when Alex Smith is QB. Different chemistry and trust for different guys.

I agree with that one 100%
Share 49ersWebzone