There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

Is Crabtree Overrated ?

1.He's in a s**tty system (where the passing game bares no rhythm/reason).

2. Has a s**tty WRs coach in Jerry Sullivan (who has yet to produce/sharpen a WR into something close to a Pro Bowler).

3. Doesn't have a top 5 QB throwing to him (nor has he had one WR to stick with to grow chemistry around).
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Dez is better.

With a broken leg.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Dez is better.

Yes he is. Much better.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

2. Has a s**tty WRs coach in Jerry Sullivan (who has yet to produce/sharpen a WR into something close to a Pro Bowler).

3. Doesn't have a top 5 QB throwing to him (nor has he had one WR to stick with to grow chemistry around).

Sounds a lot like CrabtreEXCUSES.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I wonder if there's something personal between AS and Crabtree...

I think I remember Crabtree kinda hinting at talking trash and never seemed to be in the game until Troy was playing.

If there is any truth to that (which I actually doubt), the Niners have a real probelm on their hands. Mr. Crabtree makes a lot of money and needs to be a professional.

I just remember Crabtree making some comments that were almost trash talking...but were vague enough that they weren't... Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I am sure the stats will support this theory. Crabtree had some aweful games when Alex was playing...even to the point where if he wasn't playing we might have one more win on our record this year.

That said, I think he's talented and I hope it comes together.
I definitely think Smitty and Crabs don't like each other. Crabtree is a great talent but I don't know if he has the work ethic to become great, he seems a bit lazy to me. Crabs needs to call Rice in the offseason and learn how to properly train to be a great receiver.
he doesn't fit in with our team. there's no doubt that he can be a polished #1 receiver
He doesn't want to be on our team, he's a slacker and I don't like him.
Originally posted by SFGem:
nope i don't think so. i think many other teams in the league would love to have crabtree. i thought alex was throwing him some awful passes today. that short pass he threw to crabs he threw it way too hard even the announcer said so. and he was barely even used today.

A lot of QB's through the ball hard, favre for one, but the receivers still catch the ball. Crabs is not getting better, he is getting worse. He was better in the limited games he played last year. He will never be an ELITE receiver and that is what we are paying him to be.
He drops more balls than he catches. And he is the reason we lost in Week 1. He sucks.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

He drops more balls than he catches. I played WR in high school and I feel like I would have been put on the pine for dropping half of the balls he has this season.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
He drops more balls than he catches. And he is the reason we lost in Week 1. He sucks.
Every week it's a different overated player. This board is unbelievable
Originally posted by skynet907:
He doesn't want to be on our team, he's a slacker and I don't like him.

IS he overrated? maybe. I can only compare his ball catching skills to this:

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home