LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 215 users in the forums

Would you support your dream HC hire if they retained A. Smith?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you support your dream HC hire if they retained A. Smith?

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Mods must be out on a Saturday Night Drinking Sizzurp

Why do you want this thread locked? I thought it was an original question...

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Mods must be out on a Saturday Night Drinking Sizzurp

Why do you want this thread locked? I thought it was an original question...

-9fA

Singletary doesn't want original thoughts! Can't work with em, can't train with em, can't win with em!

Thanks for the thread!
Another year of Alex Smith and people might become suicidal. . .
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
yes because unlike our current HC and his predecessor, our new HC wont be offensively retarded. he'll be an offensive genius/QB Guru named Mr. Jim Harbaugh.

........Lets hope for a offensive HC not another York A hole coach
Originally posted by Deodato:
Another year of Alex Smith and people might become suicidal. . .

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The 9ers have one reasonably decent QB...A Smith. T. Smith has demonstrated his weaknesses. Cutting or trading away your only decent QB in order to go looking for a fix is not a very thoughtful solution. It would be wise to keep both Smiths, drop Car and bring in a veteran or a rookie to vie for the job.

Some posts on this site have called for wholesale dismantling the team. That is crazy! We have a fairly happy, competent group of players, playing hard, who deserve to stay together--without the current head coach mucking the whole thing up! They need a few players, including a QB, CB, S, OG, pass rusher and speed WR to take it to the next level. If A or T Smith can do that next year..great. If not, keep bringing in QBs you can find who have a chance to make a difference. Increase the competition and quality level, not just eliminate players!
Originally posted by highwayone:
When you have a girl friend that's attractive but she doesn't do it for you in bed, do you keep dating her because you care for her as a person?

Dump her cuz you'll never be satisfied. You need to let her go so she can find a true love somewhere else.

Let Alexis go.

Lol nice anlogy but if thats the case you should at least have 2 backup girlfriends that will do it for you in the bed since most teams carry 3 QBs maybe even one on the practice squad. I voted yes because if we had a solid coach we wouldn't have a lot of the problems we have with our players now. Not to mention maybe he would take Stanzi in the mid rounds if available. With the pieces we have in place we are ready to groom a QB into a big time winner. Smith maybe but unlikely but if we decide to go the 1st rd or 3rd rd we can get it done with a good HC.
Would you support your penis if it blew up in your hand? Whether or not this thread is an 'original idea' doesn't change the fact that it is pointless.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Imagine that the 49ers hired your favorite HC candidate (Gruden, Harbaugh, Billick etc). Would you continue to support the HC if they re-signed A. Smith to a starting role? For fun, suppose they drafted say a mid round rookie, would your view change?

Just for fun.

-9fA
yes, b/c as long as the new coach is not a stubborn one, i assume that he knows what he is doing...a good HC has always the better info than anyone of us.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Yes he has played in a total of 50 games. Nine of those game where in his rookie season and any rookie QB would suck with the team we had then. He has talent and his inconsistancy stems from the teams inconsistancy in play and crappy coaching. Bring in Gruden keep Smith and draft another QB and let a DECENT coach groom them both. Assuming Smith would sign here again after being bashed by fans and let down by coaching.

Originally posted by sfout:
I'm looking at the 2011 free agency class for QB's and we have very little to be happy about or a lot depending on how you look at it, Dennis Dixon, Tavaris Jackson, Senaca Wallace, Bruce Gradkowski, and our own Troy Smith are the most promising QBs listed.
Realistically us making a play for Gradkowski or Wallace because they have history of being able to play in the pros. To tie this into the quest for new HC -- I wouldn't be surprised to see Wallace follow Holmgren here to SF just like he did to Cleveland. I did forget Minnesota in my huge post, Farve claims to be done for good(do you really believe him????) so will Frazier go with Jackson or Joe Webb or decide he wants a whole new QB????? I personally believe he doesn't like Tavaris so maybe we could land him as a starter.
If we go after a FA QB I would like it this order 1. Tavaris 2. Dixon 3. Troy 4. Wallace 5. Gradkowski

1. Tavaris Jackson 2. Dennis Dixon 3. Troy Smith 4. Seneca Wallace 5. Bruce Gradkowski - pretty thin gruel. Would you really rather have one those QBs starting ahead of Alex Smith?
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dbdublin:
I'm looking at the 2011 free agency class for QB's and we have very little to be happy about or a lot depending on how you look at it, Dennis Dixon, Tavaris Jackson, Senaca Wallace, Bruce Gradkowski, and our own Troy Smith are the most promising QBs listed.
Realistically us making a play for Gradkowski or Wallace because they have history of being able to play in the pros. To tie this into the quest for new HC -- I wouldn't be surprised to see Wallace follow Holmgren here to SF just like he did to Cleveland. I did forget Minnesota in my huge post, Farve claims to be done for good(do you really believe him????) so will Frazier go with Jackson or Joe Webb or decide he wants a whole new QB????? I personally believe he doesn't like Tavaris so maybe we could land him as a starter.
If we go after a FA QB I would like it this order 1. Tavaris 2. Dixon 3. Troy 4. Wallace 5. Gradkowski

Hell NO!!!

1. Tavaris Jackson 2. Dennis Dixon 3. Troy Smith 4. Seneca Wallace 5. Bruce Gradkowski - pretty thin gruel. Would you really rather have one those QBs starting ahead of Alex Smith?
Originally posted by dbdublin:

id take my chances playing Nate Davis
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Only if....and Only if we drafted another QB with the 1st pick. In no way should Alex Smith be the clear cut starter.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Yes I would support it. But if I was Alex Smith, I would strongly consider going to Arizona. They ran a spread-like system with Warner, have dangerous weapons at WR, and now have two functional RBs. They need to make some major signings for their offensive line, but I think he'd be a great fit.
Share 49ersWebzone