The team reflects their coach, the coach reflects the ownership, the ownership reflects the fans.
If we don't demand excellence, and just give blind faith..they'll take advantage of us like the christian church to their faithful.
There are 529 users in the forums
Honestly, I feel like less of a 49er fan.
Dec 10, 2010 at 3:23 AM
- tondiman
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,042
Dec 10, 2010 at 3:30 AM
- Rubberneck36
- HOF
- Posts: 141,822
I feel like more of a fan for sticking with the team through of all this bull crap. It takes a special dude to support the team, wear the gear, in a time of suckiness. Not saying I like it, just talking about sticking with them.
Dec 10, 2010 at 5:02 AM
- boriken_9er
- Member
- Posts: 428
I am very passionate about this team, but this year has been really hard, although after the 0-5 start I simply have watched expecting the worst.
I guess I will always be passionate but a lot will be riding on the next coaching hire. Fans need to have something to look forward to.
I guess I will always be passionate but a lot will be riding on the next coaching hire. Fans need to have something to look forward to.
Dec 10, 2010 at 5:09 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I feel like more of a fan for sticking with the team through of all this bull crap. It takes a special dude to support the team, wear the gear, in a time of suckiness. Not saying I like it, just talking about sticking with them.
Was hoping to find a post along this line of thought, and here it is.
THIS
Keep the faith and the head high, K.T. When we turn things back around, you will get an extra kick of pride when you reflect upon the years of suck we had to get through to achieve success again.
Dec 10, 2010 at 5:17 AM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by oldman9er:Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I feel like more of a fan for sticking with the team through of all this bull crap. It takes a special dude to support the team, wear the gear, in a time of suckiness. Not saying I like it, just talking about sticking with them.
Was hoping to find a post along this line of thought, and here it is.
THIS
Keep the faith and the head high, K.T. When we turn things back around, you will get an extra kick of pride when you reflect upon the years of suck we had to get through to achieve success again.
This
Dec 10, 2010 at 7:24 AM
- SonocoNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,610
I feel like a hostage with Stockholm syndrome
Dec 10, 2010 at 7:26 AM
- rum53
- Veteran
- Posts: 767
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
To keep this short: I feel that I've been loyal to the team through many frustrating seasons, only to find out that the team ownership has been cheating us as fans by not doing their homework and making sure they've assigned the best personnel available to the positions that need to be filled.
I feel cheated. I don't like feeling cheated. I feel that this ownership will only continue to promise the world, but continually disappoint.
I'm right there with you. Never in my 20+ years have 49er fandom have I been this sickened with my beloved team.
Dec 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM
- rum53
- Veteran
- Posts: 767
Originally posted by tondiman:
The team reflects their coach, the coach reflects the ownership, the ownership reflects the fans.
If we don't demand excellence, and just give blind faith..they'll take advantage of us like the christian church to their faithful.
I totally agree with you. The only power that us fans have to enact change is to stop buying the awful product that the Yorks try to sell us. That means we stop going to games, cancel our season tickets, stop purchasing merchandise, stop watching/listening to the games, stop following team news; all of this will eventually hit the Yorks where it hurts the most- the wallet.
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:00 AM
- DynastyPart2
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,312
NinerGM,
How do you know KT doesn't have season tickets?
Why does that matter? He is a fan as evidence of his time spent on this forum. The casual fan does not bother to look for a venue to talk about their team. The casual fan doesn't really know the schedule or who ALL the players on the roster are. To me, that's the casual fan.
I have been a season ticket holder since 2003. I love my 49ers. I am not happy with the decisions that have been made. But you want to know what really disappoints me with my team today? The empty promises. Don't talk to me about how you are going to win the division. Don't tell me we are going to make the playoffs. SHOW ME!
Stop talking and start doing.
I feel cheated because of the lies.
I feel KT has every right to feel cheated. It doesn't mean he isn't worthy of being a fan, it just means he is not happy with the current 49ers regime.
Go 49ers!
How do you know KT doesn't have season tickets?
Why does that matter? He is a fan as evidence of his time spent on this forum. The casual fan does not bother to look for a venue to talk about their team. The casual fan doesn't really know the schedule or who ALL the players on the roster are. To me, that's the casual fan.
I have been a season ticket holder since 2003. I love my 49ers. I am not happy with the decisions that have been made. But you want to know what really disappoints me with my team today? The empty promises. Don't talk to me about how you are going to win the division. Don't tell me we are going to make the playoffs. SHOW ME!
Stop talking and start doing.
I feel cheated because of the lies.
I feel KT has every right to feel cheated. It doesn't mean he isn't worthy of being a fan, it just means he is not happy with the current 49ers regime.
Go 49ers!
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Dec 10, 2010 at 8:01 AM ]
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:07 AM
- DynastyPart2
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,312
Originally posted by okdkid:
Yeah? Well there is about a third of the league that could make a similar gripe.
Well, not really. There are only two other teams who can make a similar gripe as us, Pittsburgh and Dallas. The rest of the league does not have the proud heritage that the 49ers do. I would also be willing to accept Green Bay in this as well.
So that is 9-10% of the league, not 33%.
Do you remember when it was only acceptable if the 49ers went to the SuperBowl? Playoffs were expected; certainly winning our division was as well. Now, we are HOPING to make it to the playoffs?
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:36 AM
- SFGem
- Veteran
- Posts: 279
im a diehard 49er fan till the grave.
but after so many years of us not making the playoffs i find myself adopting a second team to root for in the playoffs since we haven't made it in a while. it's boring to watch the playoffs if you can't root for any team. this year i've adopted philly as my second team. so if we don't make the playoffs im rooting for philly.
but after so many years of us not making the playoffs i find myself adopting a second team to root for in the playoffs since we haven't made it in a while. it's boring to watch the playoffs if you can't root for any team. this year i've adopted philly as my second team. so if we don't make the playoffs im rooting for philly.
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:40 AM
- djfullshred
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,838
Unfortuntely for the 49ers, this is happening a lot I think. I was raised in a SF sports fan household, so have been a Niner fan since before I knew WTF I was watching as a baby on TV. Seen all the home games during the Montana & Young era at the Stick.
These days, I hardly care what happens when they play. Most everyone I know personally who were hardcore diehard fans have also gone into a kind of "wait" state to care about the Niners again. Everyone is waiting for someone to come here & get that feeling back again in the team. People won;t care again until they feel it. Singletary will NEVER accomplish this with da Bear style of play he wants.
These days, I hardly care what happens when they play. Most everyone I know personally who were hardcore diehard fans have also gone into a kind of "wait" state to care about the Niners again. Everyone is waiting for someone to come here & get that feeling back again in the team. People won;t care again until they feel it. Singletary will NEVER accomplish this with da Bear style of play he wants.
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:43 AM
- Mr.Mcgibblets
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,079
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Unfortuntely for the 49ers, this is happening a lot I think. I was raised in a SF sports fan household, so have been a Niner fan since before I knew WTF I was watching as a baby on TV. Seen all the home games during the Montana & Young era at the Stick.
These days, I hardly care what happens when they play. Most everyone I know personally who were hardcore diehard fans have also gone into a kind of "wait" state to care about the Niners again. Everyone is waiting for someone to come here & get that feeling back again in the team. People won;t care again until they feel it. Singletary will NEVER accomplish this with da Bear style of play he wants.
I don't know man... I don't know you, but the bolded sounds a lot like a bandwagon-type to me. Not calling you that, but it does make me wonder...
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM
- RollinDownRodeo
- Veteran
- Posts: 171
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Sucks for you man, I am and always will be a fan, unless someone comes up with something better than football. Of course I have the 80's and 90's to fall back on. We will be good again man, you just have to keep he faith.
.....
When how and why?
YORKIES absolutely love guys like you with the blind faith and blind devotion.
blind faith and devotion? what makes him blind that he roots for his team week in week out like most of us? we know that theres sh** that needs to be changed in order for us to win and all. but i come on this website and read some of the stuff guys talk about on here and just seems like some of the guys know how to do it better then the team and the franchise does, i'd like to see ya try.
theres nothing we can do as fans besides keep the faith and be loyal and root as loud and hard as we can each week. if ya end up dissapointed, oh well its life, happens everyday. its just football. stuff that goes on in the front office and on the field and decsions that are made are out of our hands, we're just fans.
go niners.
Dec 10, 2010 at 11:06 AM
- djfullshred
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,838
Originally posted by oldman9er:Originally posted by djfullshred:
Unfortuntely for the 49ers, this is happening a lot I think. I was raised in a SF sports fan household, so have been a Niner fan since before I knew WTF I was watching as a baby on TV. Seen all the home games during the Montana & Young era at the Stick.
These days, I hardly care what happens when they play. Most everyone I know personally who were hardcore diehard fans have also gone into a kind of "wait" state to care about the Niners again. Everyone is waiting for someone to come here & get that feeling back again in the team. People won;t care again until they feel it. Singletary will NEVER accomplish this with da Bear style of play he wants.
I don't know man... I don't know you, but the bolded sounds a lot like a bandwagon-type to me. Not calling you that, but it does make me wonder...
Whatever dude. You just sound like another arrogant fan who acts entitled to judge other fans when they don't suck up to your opinion. Then you throw out - "you're not a real fan". As if you have a clue about anyone who posts here, or your opinion of how "real" a fan they are matters to them.
.....