There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Faulty comparison of QB's

The comparisons between the Smith QB's are faulty. Won-loss records are not the way to go. If you look at our won loss record, we won all games against teams with losing records except Carolina regardless of the QB. We lost all games against teams with winning records. We won the home game and lost the away game against teams now 6-6. The Carolina loss was on Carr and the coaches. We were winning when Alex left.

Alex set us up to win at least 3 more games, but the defense gave it away at the end.

Look at the 3rd down completions since Johnson took over as OC -- high for Alex.

I am not saying that Alex has played well. I am saying that the won loss numbers are misleading. I do think it is right to go back to Alex at this point (or should have been a game earlier). Even though I hate to give Singletary credit for a good decision. Troy has been terrible the last 3 games.
Originally posted by nyc9erfan:
The comparisons between the Smith QB's are faulty. Won-loss records are not the way to go. If you look at our won loss record, we won all games against teams with losing records except Carolina regardless of the QB. We lost all games against teams with winning records. We won the home game and lost the away game against teams now 6-6. The Carolina loss was on Carr and the coaches. We were winning when Alex left.

Alex set us up to win at least 3 more games, but the defense gave it away at the end.

Look at the 3rd down completions since Johnson took over as OC -- high for Alex.

I am not saying that Alex has played well. I am saying that the won loss numbers are misleading. I do think it is right to go back to Alex at this point (or should have been a game earlier). Even though I hate to give Singletary credit for a good decision. Troy has been terrible the last 3 games.

Well, you have to go back to the beginning of 2007 to find a game that Alex won where the D gave up over 10 points. That's right, he has not won a single game since September 07 where the opposition scored over 10 points on our D!

So based off of those statistics; he would have only won 1 game out of the past 6 to put us at a record of 2-10! Point is all statistics can be misleading if you use them to try and prove a preconceived point of view...
Do you think Alex could have made the plays that Troy made against the Rams?
[ Edited by DesiDez on Dec 9, 2010 at 7:59 AM ]
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Do you think Alex could have made the plays that Troy made against the Rams?

Could have? Possibly.

Would have? Hell No!
End the debate. . . . .play them both, in the same game, college style. best of both worlds.
Yes, any assessment is now faulty because of the way Singlecell manipulated the QB position. And of course the offense is odd at best.

All we fans can see is physical ability. We really have no accurate idea of intangibles like leadership, etc.. We will see when a new coach takes over here, or the QBs play elsewhere.

A is taller. +
A & T seem to be about equal in speed. 0
T is quicker +
Both appear inaccurate (this is not totally fair to T as he has years less time working with the receivers) 0
T has the quicker release. +
T seems to run more effectively, balanced by getting sacked too often. 0

Interestingly, N seems to be better at all physical measurements, and he was sent as far away from A by Singletary, which is suspicious...

But, then N allegedly is either stupid (a view generally promoted by A fans it seems), or lazy (per Sing) or whatever. Who knows.

In the end, the season should be spent assessing T and N, not rehashing A. There is nothing to be gained by this.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Yes, any assessment is now faulty because of the way Singlecell manipulated the QB position. And of course the offense is odd at best.

All we fans can see is physical ability. We really have no accurate idea of intangibles like leadership, etc.. We will see when a new coach takes over here, or the QBs play elsewhere.

A is taller. +
A & T seem to be about equal in speed. 0
T is quicker +
Both appear inaccurate (this is not totally fair to T as he has years less time working with the receivers) 0
T has the quicker release. +
T seems to run more effectively, balanced by getting sacked too often. 0

Interestingly, N seems to be better at all physical measurements, and he was sent as far away from A by Singletary, which is suspicious...

But, then N allegedly is either stupid (a view generally promoted by A fans it seems), or lazy (per Sing) or whatever. Who knows.

In the end, the season should be spent assessing T and N, not rehashing A. There is nothing to be gained by this.

But I love T & A!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,710
They both suck, give it a rest.
Originally posted by BobS:
They both suck, give it a rest.

this