There are 150 users in the forums

If Alex Smith got us to the playoffs and won one playoff game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
First Alex gets us to the playoffs and then we hire Gruden who already likes Alex. Ba Bam!

I liked Alex when we drafted him to but now I cant stand him. Gruden likes the veteran QBs anyways. IF we got him I could see us going for McNabb or Hasselbeck unless we make a trade for Luck or Locker is still on the board. I think Alex time in SF is finally over after the season.

I agree, plp say Gruden likes him, but if Gruden becomes the coach in the near future... Alex will get the boot
What a stupid question! Montana in his prime could not get this team to the playoffs. Neither could Steve Young. Sure, we don't have a good QB. But the problem is way bigger. If any one person could get this team to the playoffs, it would be Bilichek or Walsh.
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Would you still wanna see him gone if he went 1-1 in the playoffs? If so what would it take to have him stick around?

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Alex.......
never

gonna

happen
"If Alex Smith got us to the playoffs and won one playoff game"

He only has won one game all year. That fool is a loser.

If we get lucky and into the playoffs despite A. Smith, he will surely choke the game away with a fumble 6 or a pick 6. And the Alexcuses will roll on and on.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 8, 2010 at 7:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
"If Alex Smith got us to the playoffs and won one playoff game"

He only has won one game all year. That fool is a loser.

If we get lucky and into the playoffs despite A. Smith, he will surely choke the game away with a fumble 6 or a pick 6. And the Alexcuses will roll on and on.

Agree
If monkies flew out of my ass I could start a circus!!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Dec 8, 2010 at 9:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Axl49:
Trade For Kolb is what we will do if we make playoffs with Alex lol.

Kolb is a WCO QB, just to clear this up. Say Sing keeps his job, you think we're really running the WCO next year if we(heaven forbid) make a move on Kolb? That's if their is a bonafide FA period since there is no CBA.

I think y'all have finally lost if if you think we're going to bring Kolb in behind this Line and have him run the Digit/Spread system.

~Ceadder
Did someone say, "Then hell would freeze over..."?

Should have.
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
First Alex gets us to the playoffs and then we hire Gruden who already likes Alex. Ba Bam!

I liked Alex when we drafted him to but now I cant stand him. Gruden likes the veteran QBs anyways. IF we got him I could see us going for McNabb or Hasselbeck unless we make a trade for Luck or Locker is still on the board. I think Alex time in SF is finally over after the season.

McNabb and Hasselback are both under contract. In fact the Skins extended(signed) him to a 5 year deal sometime before midseason.

Every Veteran has a home this year and it's not likely that Gruden would be able to wrench them away. NO CBA for cryin out loud. So please take a step back and rethink the Veteran QB piece of your stance. It's not likely to happen. And if reports are true that Gruden wishes to wait until after his son graduates before taking on another Coaching gig, it's not likely that he'll be coaching the 9ers anyway.

~Ceadder

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
did hell freeze over? or did i miss the memo?

Yes, and pigs are flying, so anything is possible. How bout what if Alex threw for 500 yards in every remaining game, got us to the Super Bowl, where we beat the Patriots 75-0. Would you resign him then?

Wake up, this team stinks, it is 4-8, it will probably finish 6-10 or WORSE. These "what if" threads are getting ridiculous.
Are you drinking?

I'd s**t in my hat and eat it
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
did hell freeze over? or did i miss the memo?

Yes, and pigs are flying, so anything is possible. How bout what if Alex threw for 500 yards in every remaining game, got us to the Super Bowl, where we beat the Patriots 75-0. Would you resign him then?

Wake up, this team stinks, it is 4-8, it will probably finish 6-10 or WORSE. These "what if" threads are getting ridiculous.

So what if alex gets us to the playoffs and we win two games i'm jk just beat seattle because of their f****t coach
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
he didn't assert that Alex would be better off. he asserted that Alex would be Rodgers in Green Bay and Rodgers would be Alex if drafted here. that talent and ability mean nothing... coaching and grooming everything. saying Alex could have been Rodgers with better coaching is not extremely far from saying he could be Montana if Walsh was grooming him... does this help explain my point of view at all Lambda?

Quote:
You really think that the outcome would have been any different. If thats your position, then you don't think coaching (HC and OC), having a oline, a #1 and #2 quality wr to throw to and being able to sit and learn for a few years matters. Its comparing apples to oranges!

I see your point but I don't think he said anything close to "Alex would be Rodgers in Green Bay and Rodgers would be Alex if drafted here."

All I got out of it was that Rodgers probably wouldn't have had the same level of success had he come here. Thats it.
Share 49ersWebzone