Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Alex Smith got us to the playoffs and won one playoff game

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
This is not going to happen.

To only wonder what would happen if we got Aaron Rodgers...

You really think that the outcome would have been any different. If thats your position, then you don't think coaching (HC and OC), having a oline, a #1 and #2 quality wr to throw to and being able to sit and learn for a few years matters. Its comparing apples to oranges!

alex = rodgers

yeah in your fantasy land

just go ahead and admit alex would be montana with better coaching lol

Where did I say they were equal? Its pretty easy now to say Rodgers is better but you are not living in the real world if you think Rodgers is the same guy he is now if he was put through the exact situations the Alex had.

Do tell how Rodgers was gonna deal with all of the problems I mentioned above or don't they exist in your fantasy land?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

You really think that the outcome would have been any different. If thats your position, then you don't think coaching (HC and OC), having a oline, a #1 and #2 quality wr to throw to and being able to sit and learn for a few years matters. Its comparing apples to oranges!

alex = rodgers

Why does it always have to be "Alex would be Montana." No one is saying that.

How hard is it to comprehend that Alex would be BETTER (which isn't saying much) than he is right now...had he gone through Rodgers' path as opposed to his path??

I mean...I'd guess about 99.99% of NFL scouts, execs, coaches, and players would agree with that statement.

It doesnt have to be "ALL or NOTHING." Better doesnt always mean "AZ GUUD AAZ MOHNTANUH!" and bad doesnt mean "AZ BADH AZ JAMARKUS."

Geez louise. People always feel the need to take everything to one extreme or another.

Like your poor spelling when you want to make fun of posters who have a different point of view than you do?

I'm just sayin....

alex = rodgers

How hard is it to comprehend that Alex would be BETTER (which isn't saying much) than he is right now...had he gone through Rodgers' path as opposed to his path??

I mean...I'd guess about 99.99% of NFL scouts, execs, coaches, and players would agree with that statement.

It doesnt have to be "ALL or NOTHING." Better doesnt always mean "AZ GUUD AAZ MOHNTANUH!" and bad doesnt mean "AZ BADH AZ JAMARKUS."

Geez louise. People always feel the need to take everything to one extreme or another.

Alex sucks and the apologists would have you believe he's as good as Rodgers, or any other Pro Bowl QB, but has been hopelessly sabotaged by our own coaching staff to the point where nothing is his fault.... it's all a grand big consipiracy everybody, everyones out to ruin Alex's career...
Originally posted by D_Niner:

alex = rodgers

Like your poor spelling when you want to make fun of posters who have a different point of view than you do?

I'm just sayin....

Uh no. Because that is how they come across. And I dont make fun of posters who have a different point of view than me if it makes sense.

Saying, "SO YOU THINK ALEX WOULD BE MONTANA" when someone asserts that Alex would be better off in a situation similar to Rodgers is just plain retarded. If you're going to make retarded posts like that (whether you agree or disagree with my point of view) then I'll mock it every single time because it doesn't make sense.

Again, nothing against you. I never do that in reply to you so I hope you don't take offense.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

alex = rodgers

I'm just sayin....

Uh no. Because that is how they come across. And I dont make fun of posters who have a different point of view than me if it makes sense.

Saying, "SO YOU THINK ALEX WOULD BE MONTANA" when someone asserts that Alex would be better off in a situation similar to Rodgers is just plain retarded. If you're going to make retarded posts like that (whether you agree or disagree with my point of view) then I'll mock it every single time because it doesn't make sense.

Again, nothing against you. I never do that in reply to you so I hope you don't take offense.

he didn't assert that Alex would be better off. he asserted that Alex would be Rodgers in Green Bay and Rodgers would be Alex if drafted here. that talent and ability mean nothing... coaching and grooming everything. saying Alex could have been Rodgers with better coaching is not extremely far from saying he could be Montana if Walsh was grooming him... does this help explain my point of view at all Lambda?
It's really hard for Smith to get us to the playoffs when he throws a touchdown pass on the opening drive and Sing tries to protect a 7 point lead.
not gonna happen
You honestly expect him to win 4 more games? I'd rather lose out, get a good draft pick, and rebuild, than make a mockery of the playoffs and football for that matter and potentially be the first team to finish with a sub-.500 record and make it. You have to ask yourself, is it really worth it? The answer is no.
No.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I already want him resigned, but i'm in the super small minority.

i'm with ya man.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
It's alway's "if's" with Alex, not "because's," and that's the problem.

Where would you like me to start? Do you have a week to kill whilst I list everything?

~Ceadder

Alright so I guarantee you 6 years of Aaron Rodgers would have been much different as compared to whats already happened...

And if you don't believe that, I guess you missed our last game.

Don't get me wrong, I like Alex, I actually want him more than any other QB to be successful with this team just because all of the sh** he's been taking.

It just seems that Aaron would have made a difference if he was here.

P.S. I'm not saying we weren't successful because of Alex, just to get that straight.
Trent Dilfer won a super bowl and was canned.

There is no way he comes back short of being Tom Brady the rest of the season.
Estan imaginando compadres! No suenen porfa.
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
First Alex gets us to the playoffs and then we hire Gruden who already likes Alex. Ba Bam!

I liked Alex when we drafted him to but now I cant stand him. Gruden likes the veteran QBs anyways. IF we got him I could see us going for McNabb or Hasselbeck unless we make a trade for Luck or Locker is still on the board. I think Alex time in SF is finally over after the season.