LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Tim Kawakami on Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Still waiting for someone this question applies to to have the guts to answer it.

You WANT the Niners to lose the remaining games anyway. So if Alex is who you think he is, he will accomplish this losing outcome that you want, and even provide you with more comedic fuel for the hate and ridicule.

So why so unhappy that he was named the starter? Only reason I can think of is because you fear that he may do well and soil your Alex Smith departure party.

What say you?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Still waiting for someone this question applies to to have the guts to answer it.

You WANT the Niners to lose the remaining games anyway. So if Alex is who you think he is, he will accomplish this losing outcome that you want, and even provide you with more comedic fuel for the hate and ridicule.

So why so unhappy that he was named the starter? Only reason I can think of is because you fear that he may do well and soil your Alex Smith departure party.

What say you?

They're too busy trying to convince mods that people with differing opinions are PBM's.

Don't expect an answer to this question. Keep up the good fight, OldMan. You're one of the reasons I read this site.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

What say you?

I do want them to lose, Im glad he got put in because he gives us the best chance to lose.

However I do think it was unfair to Troy to bench him after he lead the team to a 3-2 record.

Im not unhappy.

What say you?

I can't answer for everyone; but, I'd rather have the guy who stands a chance to be on our squad and has a small chance to start for us next year to get valuable game experience than the guy we've watched come up short for several years now and is on his way out the door.

If we lose with Troy we still may have a net gain in a solid backup next year. If we win or lose with Alex, we've lost any potential gain we would get for next season.

I know it's not the one you were looking for; but, are you happy you have an answer now?
  • Jiks
McLovin?
I am not sure.. I'll have to watch the game tape.
Originally posted by GoGiantsHumBaby:

What say you?

They're too busy trying to convince mods that people with differing opinions are PBM's.

Don't expect an answer to this question. Keep up the good fight, OldMan. You're one of the reasons I read this site.

agree
Blind Alex fans.....

after ALL these years....yall still never seize to amaze me.

seriously, I'm just smiling right now.

What say you?

Lol, this one is easy.

It is quite possible for us to win 3 of our last 4, finish 7-9, and make the playoffs. Now we all know that Smith has beaten the Rams, who are improved but still not great, the Seahawks, who are medicore, and the Arizona, who flat out sucks, in the past. He can possibly win these 3 games, possibly make the playoffs, possibly save Singeltary's job , and possibly earn himself another contract here after beating three bad/mediocre teams.

THIS IS WHY.
Originally posted by D_Niner:

What say you?

I can't answer for everyone; but, I'd rather have the guy who stands a chance to be on our squad and has a small chance to start for us next year to get valuable game experience than the guy we've watched come up short for several years now and is on his way out the door.

If we lose with Troy we still may have a net gain in a solid backup next year. If we win or lose with Alex, we've lost any potential gain we would get for next season.

I know it's not the one you were looking for; but, are you happy you have an answer now?

Now THIS is a response I can both believe and respect. The other was obviously BS, when anyone reads on here enough.

... and yours was fine too, Niner4life21.
[ Edited by oldman9er on Dec 7, 2010 at 4:32 PM ]

• Jiks
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Blind Alex fans.....

after ALL these years....yall still never seize to amaze me.

seriously, I'm just smiling right now.

And the same ole responses dogging people for supporting a guy never seize to amaze us.

That's the funny part
seize? haha, c'mon now...
17-30 that's the only numbers that matter and the Alex's boyfriends have no way around it.

And OJ is guilty for those that fail to comprehend to the obvious.
Originally posted by susweel:

What say you?

I do want them to lose, Im glad he got put in because he gives us the best chance to lose.

However I do think it was unfair to Troy to bench him after he lead the team to a 3-2 record.

Im not unhappy.

that first sentence does not make any sense...

-9fA
Originally posted by D_Niner:

What say you?

I would agree with this! With only 7 starts on his belt, Troy is still learning on the job. I would much rather give him the remaining 4 games and see if he is worth keeping around next year. Alex is gone (hopefully!) at the end of the year, so what good does his starting role provide? I cannot think of any...

This really only boils down to Sing trying to save his own behind, knowing Alex has more experience against division opponents and playing captain checkdown. Right now, Sing is praying for a great defensive effort and strong running game, hoping Alex does not have one of his costly turnovers...
Share 49ersWebzone