There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tim Kawakami on Alex Smith

Finally a writer who truly understands the situation. Even he is dumbfounded by all the support that this loser still receives from the fan base.

Great read

Smith lovers might want to read it twice

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/12/07/alex-smith-once-more-around-the-block-with-the-49ers-and-his-inexhaustible-fans/
Although no analysis from McLovin himself.
Originally posted by GoGiantsHumBaby:

The analysis is in the article. Same s**t I have been saying for years.
Who cares? This season is over unless we win the next four games.

In other words, it's done and Alex is gone.
Originally posted by Method:
Who cares? This season is over unless we win the next four games.

In other words, it's done and Alex is gone.

Originally posted by McLovin:

The analysis is in the article. Same s**t I have been saying for years.

Right, that's my point. You lean on a columnist who's expertise is basketball for your football analysis. You can't come up with your own.
Tim's easily my fav local writer right now, next to Barrows (since Ratto, and Maiocco sold out the moment they joined CSN).

This team deserves all the s**t it's being dished (inside and out), and is unworthy of a 'west coast pass'.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Tim's easily my fav local writer right now, next to Barrows (since Ratto, and Maiocco sold out the moment they joined CSN).

This team deserves all the s**t it's being dished (inside and out), and is unworthy of a 'west coast pass'.

Tim is a shock-jock writer who is usually full of hot-air.

Is he right about the 9ers? Probably. But that's just because it's the easy stance to take. He also called the WS champion Giants season over in early July. He's doom-and-gloom 24/7 whether it's the right stance or wrong.
All I needed to see is Kawakami to know it wasn't worth reading... pass.

I am genuinely amused though at how butt-hurt and afraid so many of you are over Alex Smith. Why else would you not find some other way to spend your day... rather than sit, think, and talk of Alex? Get over it... you WANT to lose anyway... you said so a dozen or so times. So if Alex is who you think he is, he will accomplish the goal that you want. So stop b!tching and crying already and clean up your hemorrhagic rectums.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

I am genuinely amused though at how butt-hurt and afraid so many of you are over Alex Smith. Why else would you not find some other way to spend your day... rather than sit, think, and talk of Alex? Get over it... you WANT to lose anyway... you said so a dozen or so times. So if Alex is who you think he is, he will accomplish the goal that you want. So stop b!tching and crying already and clean up your hemorrhagic rectums.

wtf

McLovin is just too fascinated with his lovely eyebrows to stop caring.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

wtf

thats a personal attack, hopefully the mods warn him for that
Originally posted by McLovin:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

wtf

thats a personal attack, hopefully the mods warn him for that

McLovin be snitchin' yo!

Is he right about the 9ers? Probably. But that's just because it's the easy stance to take. He also called the WS champion Giants season over in early July. He's doom-and-gloom 24/7 whether it's the right stance or wrong.

Doom-and-gloom/shock-jock press is the best kind of press though, it can sometimes serve as a good motivator to a team that deserves all the crap it's getting.

Guys like Kawakami, Cohn, and Ratto come from a different time of Sporting press, something Barrows/Maiocco definitely weren't privileged of (when coming aboard in the mid-90's).

-Bill Walsh took great advantage of this (in motivating/preparing his teams), the Bay Area media was one of the most evil/critical sports outlets in the entire United States back in the 80s/early 90s (the number of BA beat-writers was in large numbers compared to today).

There are no short-cuts, this society has gone soft. If you suck, you deserve to be told you suck, or you'll never get better.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM ]

Doom-and-gloom/shock-jock press is the best kind of press though, it can sometimes serve as a good motivator to a team that deserves all the crap it's getting.

Guys like Kawakami and Ratto come from a different time of Sporting press, something Barrows/Maiocco definitely weren't privileged of (when coming aboard in the mid-90's).

-Bill Walsh took great advantage of this (in motivating/preparing his teams), the Bay Area media was one of the most evil/critical sports outlets in the entire United States back in the 80s/early 90s (the number of BA beat-writers was in large numbers compared to today).

I prefer to read unbiased and objective views on my sports teams. Ratto would b*tch when we won the SB. He's a joke, and so is Timmy.