LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Sent Matt Maiocco an IM on Facebook, not expecting a response. Ended up Chatting

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
OH MY GAWDD REALLY HE DIDDDD THAAATTT!!!

Yeah we ended up like talking for like an hour last night! OH MY GOD I'm so excited right now! He actually chatted with me!

Wow dude... Did i really come off like I was starstruck or something? Get a life bruh...
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by mastahyee:

I think we're referring to the same thing-- it's the story he tells about beat writing for the Giants (his dream job) and then having to turn in something for the next day's paper over a loss to the Dodgers in which he had to root against the Giants in order to make his article relevant right? That's the framework he uses to put fandom and beatwriting into perspective

Oh, I can't remember reading that... bummer. He's shared his thoughts on the subject a bunch of times over the years, though... I think. Him and Barrows both.

If you or anyone else has a link, I'd like to read it.

Here:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/07/10/Maiocco-Moonlighting-as-a-Giants-Fan/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=326493&feedID=5936

It's a must-read if you love reading Matt Maiocco.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zozell:

Yeah we ended up like talking for like an hour last night! OH MY GOD I'm so excited right now! He actually chatted with me!

Wow dude... Did i really come off like I was starstruck or something? Get a life bruh...

I imagine he's only messing with you. Y'know... now you respond by punching him in the shoulder.

Wait....

Stupid internet and physical separation. No body language, facial expression, or shoulders. Screw you internet, screw you!

BTW, you didn't come off that way to me. Thanks again for sharing the info.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Did you guys exchange pics of your junk ?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mastahyee:

Here:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/07/10/Maiocco-Moonlighting-as-a-Giants-Fan/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=326493&feedID=5936

It's a must-read if you love reading Matt Maiocco.

Awesome. That was a good read. It does reflect all the things I've read from him in the past on the subject.

It takes some serious willpower to do what he is doing. At least he has the Giants. Looks like he made the right choice, too.

I didn't.

I stopped watching baseball because of the 1994 strike. Matt Williams was my favorite player and at the time I was a bigger baseball fan than football fan. Killing Williams chance at the home run record just made me hate baseball.

I still can't watch baseball. I didn't even watch the World Series this year.

Man, I have issues. I'm getting mad just thinking about that strike.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Did you guys exchange pics of your junk ?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

lol
s**t, Maiocco gets involved too much at the tailgates sometime haha

Originally posted by skeetskeet:

Damn she's kinda hot... any of you know her? or Are her?

Originally posted by skeetskeet:

Damn she's kinda hot... any of you know her? or Are her?

See, the joke was that Macchio gets involved in O.P.P., that being skeet skeets' lady.

Aint no fun, skeeter.

Not to be a dick, but yes, you did.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Sucks u weren't the first to respond... its just not as effective on the bottom of page 2. Nice try though
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Not to be a dick, but yes, you did.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
...BTW, you didn't come off that way to me. Thanks again for sharing the info.

The Poster above says I didn't... so I mean... who should I beleive?
[ Edited by zozell on Dec 7, 2010 at 11:32 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone