There are 274 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

POLL - With Smith In, Do You Want The Niner To Win Or Lose?

POLL - With Smith In, Do You Want The Niner To Win Or Lose?

Drama! Drama! Drama! Does not the Singletary tenure (which includes the Nolan era) give us the gift of great drama? And now this, a new twist to the saga that is the Singletary era. With nothing left to lose Sing has decided to try and salvage what little credibility he has as a coach by inserting the much loved-hated Alex Smith.

Now I feel a bit torn here. I was never a Smith hater, I wanted the guy to succeed, mostly because I wanted us to succeed. I knew our problems were much greater than Alex, and history has proven me correct. Just look at his replacements - Dilfer, JTO, Hill, Carr, T Smith - what do they all have in common? They all sucked as bad or worse than Alex. So what does this tell the rational human being? That our primary problem is not Alex, though of course he is a contributor, but our coaching staff and ownership.

But alas, the long term health of the franchise is far more important than my desire for any one qb to succeed. And the only way to rid us of our coaching woes is to get rid of Singletary and the whole coaching staff (with maybe the exception of Rathman). With that said I hope Alex flames out and flames out big!

Alex, if you read this, don't take it personal. I've always known you came into the worst situation possible, but I must put the team first, and because I must do that I hope that you fail, and fail like no qb has ever failed in the history of the NFL, at least for the remaining games of the season. I wish you much success wherever you end up, hell, that might be here with us again. But if they do have you back, it better be with a legit coaching staff. If that turns out to be the case, I will be rooting for your success once again!

Until that time Alex, GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!
I want no more Alex Smith threads
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I want to win because I like to watch my favorite team win.

Same thing every game, no matter the circumstances.
If you're a fan, why would you want your team to lose?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

I want no more Alex Smith.
Originally posted by father49er:
If you're a fan, why would you want your team to lose?
If you're a fan why would you want Singletary back?
Jesus f**king christ, not this s**t again...
Originally posted by bigmike55:

They go hand in hand.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

"we want Troy"
you left out the most obvious choice.

I want the niners to lose because we're a good coaching staff and a good QB away from being contenders.

The more we lose now, the more we will win down the road.

It's hard but I think taking the red pill is the way to go.
Originally posted by thedude:
Jesus f**king christ, not this s**t again...
Christ has nothing to do with this. NOW VOTE!
In my opinion, you should never give up on the season when there's still hope (albeit small hope) that we can make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs, we have a chance at the Super Bowl.

Once that hope is gone though... feel free to believe in tanking the season if it means you want Harbaugh/Gruden+Luck in 2011.
[ Edited by Wubbie on Dec 6, 2010 at 7:55 PM ]
I'm not even sure if the York's are smart enough to hire a good coach, so........ what are they gonna do after Sing's gone? Hire Brad Childress to be HC? Wouldn't surprise me.
none of the above.... i'd rather the whole planet (every living creature in it) explodes; leaving nothing but a giant cloud of dust!

START FROM SCRATCH - sing/(y)dorks/alex/the whole team/mascot/cheerleaders and all, get rid of them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!