There are 163 users in the forums

Confirmed - Alex Smith to start against Seahawks on Sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
it doesn't really matter.
Originally posted by thedude:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by zocool16:
NFL.com blogger Jason La Canfora reported it via twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

I don't know how to link the actual tweet only.

Alex will look good and increase his trade value

fixed

Isn't he a UFA after the season?
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What does a real fan of the Niner's want in this situation?

What if some crazy miracle happens and the Niners make the playoffs by 3 or 4 "solid" outings and we are able to beat the remaining NFC west teams and due to tiebreakers, would be crowned the worst team to ever make the playoffs?

And an even crazier turn of events, the D shows up for our playoff home game and we win 13 to 9 (somehow ).

Then we would have won a game in the playoffs and essentially met our goal for the season from the onset. It wouldn't be hard to see them signing Alex again.

I want to root for my Niner's but I don't want to suffer through another Alex season, God help me!
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
7 pages and no Caedder? He must be getting his arm ready.

Caedder =
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Derek Anderson = Alex Smith
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's whatever at this point. Most of us consider the season 99% down the drain already so it hardly makes a difference who's quarterbacking us right now.

I like both players, but pocket passing.. Smith is better. It's really not saying that much. Alex Smith tends to be good off the bench too.. Perhaps sitting for these games will get him to the point where he's throwing 4 TDs 0 INTs like when he came in last year.

If he gets hurt, or falters badly, at least we have a backup who can do some things. We'll see what Alex can do. If he does nothing, Sing won't have a problem going back to Troy.

Funny thing is, if we can win all of our conference games, we will PROBABLY make the playoffs... Strength of schedule is on our side.
Just like every year I don't want this team to go on a meaningless winning streak and go lower on the draft board,but were the 49ers and that will happen. This team can't even lose right and when it does it's during the wrong year. ( Alex Smith) The season is over, just tank, and increase our chances in getting a good player. Usually, Alex does well when he's coming off the bench and that's what scares me.
Originally posted by suso365:
I've seen every episode of the NFL "Americas game". Imagine if somehow "miracle" the niners win the superbowl this year. They'd have one hell of a storyline.
This gave me goosebumps.
[URL=http://www.gifsoup.com/view/481263/rick-astley.html][/URL] [URL=http://www.gifsoup.com/]GIFSoup[/URL]

This is how it made me feel when I got the news .......................

ALEX SMITH as our trigger man = PLAYOFFS BABY

Hes Never Gona Let You Down ... .. .
Meh, at this point it doesn't really matter to me who starts.

And no, I'm not an irrational Smith hater, I just don't think hes very good. When I look at a QB like Smith I don't look at who he had as a coach, his O-line, or his recievers ( even though all these things did contribute to his suckage so far in San Fran), but I look at these things:
1) Accuracy, and mainly, consistency of accuracy.
2) Pocket presence
3) Fire, leadership
4) Decision Making
5) Confidence

We all have to agree that, whether we like him or not, Smith is not very good at these things, consistently.

IMO, hes shown signs of #3 at times, and obviously has shown #1 at times too ( but then again which QB in NFL history hasn't shown accuracy from time to time?) And lastly, he is TERRIBLE at #2, and very indecisive at times.

This is why I am not a typical 'Smith hater'. I believe that he will not be a good QB wherever he goes, because of the reasons I stated above.

Anyone wanna push back on my opinion?

Originally posted by DownInTheCity:
Originally posted by thedude:

Alex will look good and increase his trade value

fixed

Isn't he a UFA after the season?

damn, you're probably right - guess franchising him to trade wouldn't work out
I must admit, Sing and this QB drama is way more entertaining than actual 49er games, but this is what we're used to!

I wouldn't be surprised if Sing yanks Alex after just 1 INT, which you have to agree Alex throws more INTs than Troy
  • gage
  • Veteran

Alex will look good and f**k our team for another year

I'll [cheer] the whole offseason after he finishes the year with about 1100 yards in 4 games with 9 td's and 3 picks. Then I'll after we go into next year with him at QB and am disappointed again.

At any rate, he's the QB so I'm rooting for him!
This season is an epic fail. Alex smith, worst 49er q.b. ever, & singletary worst 49er coach ever. Thank God, both gone at the end of the season
Alex threw 2 int last time he they played against Seattle

Hopefully he's been working his ass off.
Share 49ersWebzone