There are 649 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Whats the point of going back to Alex?

He is going to be gone next year. We already know that he is not the answer. David Carr is not the answer either. If we are going to switch QB's, we should start Nate Davis.
Singletary is an idiot. He's not educated AT ALL. I have no doubt he'd do something like this.
same reason we call a time out before halftime, only to run out the clock on the next play.
If the collective opinion is that Alex offers the best chance to beat the Hawks next week, then he should start. Ridiculous as it is, SF is not completely out of this divisional battle. They need this W.
Pretty funny if he does go back to him after publicly throwing his leadership ability in the toilet.


It would be a very hypocritical thing to do, but then again it is Singletary.
Originally posted by susweel:
Pretty funny if he does go back to him after publicly throwing his leadership ability in the toilet.


It would be a very hypocritical thing to do, but then again it is Singletary.

One day he's saying "Raye is the guy, I'm sticking with him" The next day, he's fired (after looking at film).

singletary is full o' s**t.
If you are Singletary, this actually makes sense.

As a fan, it makes ZERO sense.

If you are Singletary, you are just trying to win a game and maybe pull off a division win and then anything can happen. What he has seen from Troy Smith in the past several weeks is that he is wildly erratic (don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but he's been all over the place).

Alex at least knows the offense and they don't have to shrink the playbook for him.

Sing is just looking at winning the next game, not evaluating talent.
Because the players still want to make the playoffs, even though the fans no longer care. Alex gives them the best chance to win.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Because the players still want to make the playoffs, even though the fans no longer care. Alex gives them the best chance to win.

lol wut
  • obx49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,211
Originally posted by oldman9er:
If the collective opinion is that Alex offers the best chance to beat the Hawks next week, then he should start. Ridiculous as it is, SF is not completely out of this divisional battle. They need this W.

Exactly! Like it or not, Alex gives us the best chance to win. I'm sick and tired of not making the playoffs and this season is our best chance to make it. Yea, Singletary and Alex Smith are pieces of s**t, but like the old lemon you keep in your garage it's your piece of s**t and you want to keep driving it until it breaks down on you.
[ Edited by obx49 on Dec 6, 2010 at 2:32 PM ]
I do think it's funny Jed still thinks we make the playoffs. tsk tsk
So what's the point of Starting Troy when the Staff doesn't trust him with the ball?

Boggles the mind how you chaps think things thru.

~Ceadder
Because he gives us the best chance to get a higher draft pick!!!
Originally posted by Schazzle:
I do think it's funny Jed still thinks we make the playoffs. tsk tsk

He doesn't think we'll make the playoffs. He will however keep saying that until they are mathematically eliminated...and thats exactly what he SHOULD do.

He can see the writing on the wall and he is already looking for coaches.
Sing is SERIOUSLY stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.