LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. San Diego Chargers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Actually glad i missed this game. f**kin losers.

Missed losers
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Actually glad i kissed this game. f**kin losers.

i wouldn't kiss this game if you paid me. It smells like s**t.
Originally posted by bracus:
Why do people make excuses for Alex? I don't get it. What has he done? He had a mediocre season under Norv Turner, therefore he'll eventually be good? Is it because he has 3 good games a year right as he's about to get benched or comes back from being benched? Can't be that, otherwise they would all want Rex Grossman signed. I just don't get it. The guy doesn't anticipate WRs getting open. The reason why he sucks is he waits til a WR is absolutely open. This is not bashing just everything was pretty much confirmed in my head tonight. And I'm wondering why people still need to make excuses.

wtf was he supposed to do? The people around him were messing up all over the place.
Niners still rule.

Go Niners!!!!
[ Edited by 49erSonicXL on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:50 PM ]
Complete a damn pass for more then 5 yards without somebody doing it after the catch. He's too damn afraid to throw the ball. There was a sack in the 3rd he took where it was obvious WB was about to be open. But he waited toooooo long. I understand he doesn't have that much time, but you guys act like we have the worst Oline in the league. He should be able to average more then 5-6 yrds a pass. You won't hear me arguing about how bad our coaches are, but when it comes to him not having weapons I COMPLETELY DISAGREE
I know a lot of you hate Alex Smith and I must say that you have every reason to. The loss wasn't COMPLETELY his fault but MOST of it was. He is REALLY gun shy and has ZERO pocket presence and is woefully inaccurate with his passes. Alex really seemed to need his receivers wide open before he would throw it. He doesn't seem to know how to 'throw them open'. There were multiple times when I thought he would change the play at the line but he never did. We have ZERO pass rush. The Chargers ran crossing routes all night and routes that took time to develope. DID I MENTION we really NEED A PASS RUSHER?? We seemed to really get hosed by the Refs after the penalty on T. LaBoy. Our defense is solid but bland. We need a QB in the worst way, Alex Smith will NEVER be the answer.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by bracus:
Why do people make excuses for Alex? I don't get it. What has he done? He had a mediocre season under Norv Turner, therefore he'll eventually be good? Is it because he has 3 good games a year right as he's about to get benched or comes back from being benched? Can't be that, otherwise they would all want Rex Grossman signed. I just don't get it. The guy doesn't anticipate WRs getting open. The reason why he sucks is he waits til a WR is absolutely open. This is not bashing just everything was pretty much confirmed in my head tonight. And I'm wondering why people still need to make excuses.

wtf was he supposed to do? The people around him were messing up all over the place.

He doesn't get great help, true, and I've supported the guy to the end of the earth, but unless Smith is playing behind a Patriots quality line, he can't cut it. He would actually be a good pickup for the Pats as a backup because I think he can be effective if he has time. The reality on the vast majority of teams, and certainly the 49ers, is that you don't get all day to thrown, and when plays break down you have to improvise and burn a defense occassionally. Smith is really bad at this.
I just got back from the game and will offer my opinions:

1) Crabtree is average at best. He looked slow and ran crappy routes. They didn't even look to him for 3 quarters. He never had any seperation. Seeing him and V Jax on the same field showed just how average Crabtree is (for now at least).

2) Our secondary has got to be the worst in the league. They have no clue as to what they are doing out there. Spencer and Nate wouldn't be a nickel back on half the teams in the league. When Goldson got hurt I was hoping that was the last time I saw him in a Niner uniform, but he jumped right back in the next play. The Chargers did whatever they wanted in the passing game with back-ups and a guy that hasn't played in almost a year. Pathetic.

3) OL sucks. Sims had a hard time, but he's a back-up. Davis is a rookie and struggled as expected. Rachal does not belong in the NFL, just awful!

4) The casts bothered TKO and PWill. Brook's dropped interception was just rediculous.

5) Coaching, if you can call it that, is unbelievable. TKO covering V Jax on his 2nd TD. What?!?!? We bent, but didn't break For 80 and 90 yard drives all night . When the whole world can see we need to play to win we are as conservative as ever.

6) I like Dixon.

I'll be happy when this season's over and we can start the road back to respectability.I was embarassed for our sorry a$$ team. We had a good turnout of Niner fans and the team just let us all down. Bye Singletary. Bye Alex. Bye Goldson. Bye Nate. Bye Franklin. Thanks for helping make us the laughing stock of the NFL.
Listening to Damon Bruce....interestingly not as much Alex hatred tonight LOL. People are actually (finally) calling out the coaching, lack of scheming, and stupid play calling. I could careless about Smith but I do care about who we draft/sign this summer..and I don't want another repeat because of poor coaching and planning again. Ever.
VERY enlightening!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Same thing we saw on tv.
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
I just got back from the game and will offer my opinions:

1) Crabtree is average at best. He looked slow and ran crappy routes. They didn't even look to him for 3 quarters. He never had any seperation. Seeing him and V Jax on the same field showed just how average Crabtree is (for now at least).

2) Our secondary has got to be the worst in the league. They have no clue as to what they are doing out there. Spencer and Nate wouldn't be a nickel back on half the teams in the league. When Goldson got hurt I was hoping that was the last time I saw him in a Niner uniform, but he jumped right back in the next play. The Chargers did whatever they wanted in the passing game with back-ups and a guy that hasn't played in almost a year. Pathetic.

3) OL sucks. Sims had a hard time, but he's a back-up. Davis is a rookie and struggled as expected. Rachal does not belong in the NFL, just awful!

4) The casts bothered TKO and PWill. Brook's dropped interception was just rediculous.

5) Coaching, if you can call it that, is unbelievable. TKO covering V Jax on his 2nd TD. What?!?!? We bent, but didn't break For 80 and 90 yard drives all night . When the whole world can see we need to play to win we are as conservative as ever.

6) I like Dixon.

I'll be happy when this season's over and we can start the road back to respectability.I was embarassed for our sorry a$$ team. We had a good turnout of Niner fans and the team just let us all down. Bye Singletary. Bye Alex. Bye Goldson. Bye Nate. Bye Franklin. Thanks for helping make us the laughing stock of the NFL.

Yes, excellent turnout of Niner fans. Proably 10-15% of stadium. But what an uninspired performance for all their fans that made the effort! They looked flat. I agree about your Crabtree comment also. That guy is slow, and he doesn't make up for it by running great routes or having sticky hands. Very disappointing. Getting tired of Walker dropping balls too. Whatever happened to the freaking art of catching a pass? You've got to have one or two guys with just glue for hands and Niners really don't. This team sucks. They don't deserve to make the playoffs.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Here is my observation...

We are an embarrassment.
coaching is pathetic!
Originally posted by susweel:
Same thing we saw on tv.

Bingo... why didn't we just start carr, with his talent we could have andrew luck!
This is beyond alex. Justin smith are best passrusher ejected screwed us. Giving jackson 1 on 1 all day was a mistake, and i want to know what sing shall in the film to even allow that to happen. after you loss justin, he should have been tripled!
Share 49ersWebzone